cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trouble Free Motorhome Owner?

Sooner_Schooner
Explorer
Explorer
I hear and read about motorhome owners and the problems that occur, but I really want to hear from those of you that have had no problems. If you are a motorhome owner that bought a new or nearly new Class A diesel pusher and got to enjoy it for six months or longer without any major issues, please let us know. I'm not talking about a cabinet door hinge or drawer type minor issue, just the big problems that made you park or take it to the repair shop before you could go out in it. I hope you are out there somewhere. Thank you.
2008 Damon Tuscany 4076 40' Diesel Pusher
34 REPLIES 34

Devonm2012
Explorer
Explorer
We are 13 months into our fulltiming in our Newmar Dutch Star and nothing major has ever happened to stop us.

shaneperch
Explorer
Explorer
I am surprised I thought that the Gulfstream being an aircraft company would understand quality and be the best. I am surprised.

randallb
Explorer
Explorer
Our 08 Vacationer needed a few minor warranty repairs: an unsealed harness pigtail (not used) that triggered a warning buzzer, a microwave rattle and an improperly sealed main harness connector that caused the converter lock up function to not apply in HEAVY rains. That was it. We took it to Coburg for a familiarization run for the first two items, I bagged/sealed the connector and then hit the road for almost 2 years with no issues. Most vehicle complaints are directly related to the amount of the monthly check being written and the fact that people expect these rolling homes to be as quiet as their homes. For the most part they are if the comparison home is located in the center of a major city.
Randy

bob_b1
Explorer
Explorer
My 20yr-old Itasca (Winnebago) had only one show-stopper where the water tank fell out and was dragging onto the highway. It only held me up for 20-minutes while I secured it back into place and we were camping again.

Every other problem was small and didn't have any major impact on our fun.
'93 Itasca Suncrusier diesel towing a '05 Honda CR-V.
Bob, Pam(DW), Bridget(DD) and Christine(DD)
See you at most of the Penn State tailgates:)

JTHarley
Explorer
Explorer
I've owned 6 motorhomes thus far......to be honest, the last 3, Winnebago Journey, Winnebago Vectra and now my Dynamax have all been what I would consider trouble free. To clarify, they have all needed some "tweaking" during the first year since I bought them all new but NOTHING major. Some slide adjustments, tighten screws here and there, repair a little surface rust on the frame but nothing that stopped us from using the units.

My Dynamax needed a slide adjustment and new seal, the entry step had to be repaired that had a short but after 2 years of travels, where we stay in the coach 3-4 months per year, it has been a joy to own and drive. I consider this one the first coach, after 2 years of ownership, that I would say has been trouble free.

Now if you ask about my 2 gulfstreams that I owned in the beginning, over 12 years ago, they leaked, had breakdowns that stranded us at campgrounds, and after 2 years the frames where rusted almost beyond repair. These where also bought new but the quality compared to the Winnebago or Dynamax was just not there. They where not class A coaches, one was a B+ and the other was a C so I can't speak about the quality of gulfstreams class A coaches but the C's where literally garbage.
Jim , MJ & Spirit of Sambuca Bear
2015 Dynamax DQ320XL
Jeep Sahara Toad