cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two sets of waste tanks? Winnebago Vista 35B

MilesandSmiles
Explorer
Explorer
I'm seriously looking at a used Vista 35B, and just noticed that it seems to have two gray tanks and two black tanks, which raises a couple of questions:

1) Do these all drain to one pipe for dumping? If not, how do you hook up when you get to a campground?

2) What are the advantages and disadvantages of this multiple tank system?

Jeff
Newly retired
2004 Fleetwood Southwind 37A
www.milesandsmiles.us
7 REPLIES 7

pslocum
Explorer
Explorer
No pump needed is good one less thing to go wrong we looked at one but didn't need he bunk beds but it looked like a great unit for a young family with kids though.
2017 Winnebago Vista LX 35F
Lund 1675 50 hp Honda
FMCA F462274

smacdiesel
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 35b and I really like the dual gray/black tank setup. This is my first MH so I really can't compare to any other experience. No pump needed on the 35b, all tanks are on the drivers side, so it is really easy to drain. Love having two restrooms, it's been a great coach thus far, highly recommend.
2015 Winnebago Vista 35B
1983 Jeep CJ 8 Scrambler

pslocum
Explorer
Explorer
Our 35f has a similar setup a pump moves the waste from the tank in front of the rear axle to the discharge rear of the axle it is simple.
2017 Winnebago Vista LX 35F
Lund 1675 50 hp Honda
FMCA F462274

BigRabbitMan
Explorer
Explorer
DunellenGuy wrote:

Jeff
If you have two bathrooms that are separated by some distance, you should have two black tanks so that it is unlikely to have plugging of a line that travels a distance to its black tank. Then, since a black tank is installed in the second location, it makes sense to also include a second grey tank next to the black tank. Ideally, black tanks are directly under the toilet it serves.
BigRabbitMan
Gas to Diesel Conversion project
76 FMC #1046, Gas Pusher became a Diesel Pusher
Discussion thread on this site
"You're never too old to learn something stupid."

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
DunellenGuy wrote:
1) ... If not, how do you hook up when you get to a campground?

Jeff

Question 1:

There are a couple solutions.

A: You dump each line one at a time using the same hose, moving it from one RV sewer connection to the next.

B: You get extra hose and connect a hose to each sewer outlet. Then you connect them with a series of these:

Question 2:

A. If one tank is not full, you do not need to empty it, just empty the one that's full (or the one you want to dump).

B. The advantage of multiple tanks is, they are usually smaller than one large or two large tanks. This means, if you take along a portable (wheeled) tote, you an fill one tank at a time without over filling the tote.

C. Multiple tanks, dedicated for one purpose will prevent black water from blowing into non-black water tanks. (There's been lots of debate over the years on these forums about cross-contamination????? if that's what you call it). But this is one way to prevent this from happening.

D. More smller tanks will also distribute the weight (if full) over a wider area of the camper, making the weight distribution a bit more even on all tires.

E. In smaller campers, or small Class B's or C's, small tanks may be the only thing that will fit, and can be tucked into smaller places, utilizing dead space under the floor and between the RV frame more effectively.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
There's nothing wrong with having multiple tanks (we have two greys) but if they have separate dump connections it gets to be a pain. You may be able to pull up a pic on-line of the connections or just go look in person.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Per specs for Winnebago Vista

* The 35B uses separate black and gray tanks for each bathroom
41/46 & 41/51

Use one bathroom more frequently then more frequent dumping needed

AS for plumbing diagrams......
Check HERE
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter