cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

under sink filtration water discolored

debwerni
Explorer
Explorer
we have the everpure water filtration system in our class a motorhome and have never had a problem with it. today after having a new filter installed about 2 wks i turned the water on to fill a glass started out clear but turned to bluish grey. i have tried it several times and it is off and on wether it is clear or not. anyone have this problem before?
10 REPLIES 10

debwerni
Explorer
Explorer
we ran the water after changing. used it for 2 wks then it started yesterday with the bluish water. sometimes it is clear then turns bluish and sometimes it just comes out bluish. thank you everyone for all the info. i do believe it must be a bad one and will be exchanging it.

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
schlep1967 wrote:
Read the instructions that come with your new filter. Most of them say to run water through for several minutes to clear the filter before use.

X2

When all else fails, read the instructions.
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

tommy_g
Explorer
Explorer
DSDP Don wrote:
"debwerni"......you said you installed it two weeks ago, but when was the first time you used it. The bluish water is normal until you get the powdered carbon cleaned out. Run it for a few minutes and it will turn clear.
X2
1998 Bounder 36s F53 460 V8 Banks power & Honda Accord toad

schlep1967
Nomad
Nomad
Read the instructions that come with your new filter. Most of them say to run water through for several minutes to clear the filter before use.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
"debwerni"......you said you installed it two weeks ago, but when was the first time you used it. The bluish water is normal until you get the powdered carbon cleaned out. Run it for a few minutes and it will turn clear.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

bdpreece
Explorer II
Explorer II
Only time I had a similar problem bluish/blackish water the carbon filter had broken down and was putting the carbon in the water.
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad

Sully2
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
Maybe it's simply a bad filter. If you changed it two weeks ago, I'd return it to the store and ask for a replacement. Before putting the new filter in, make sure the gasket is straight and all the lines are clean. Also check the top of the filter housing to ensure it's clean.....Dennis

Times 2..
presently.....Coachless!...
2002 Jeep Liberty
2016 Ford Escape

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Maybe it's simply a bad filter. If you changed it two weeks ago, I'd return it to the store and ask for a replacement. Before putting the new filter in, make sure the gasket is straight and all the lines are clean. Also check the top of the filter housing to ensure it's clean.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
Time to change your filter when it's discolored.

debwerni
Explorer
Explorer
see above post pls