cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vacuum toilet

golfergo
Explorer
Explorer
The manual for my vacuum toilet in a 2013 35k Bounder says that occasional vacuum leakage is normal. After hearing the pump run every 15 minutes all night, the dealer said that was normal. How often does yours run?
There is a kit to check the system for leaks. Has anyone used this kit and how does it work?
I appreciate any advice or stories of experience with this system.
Dick G.
10 REPLIES 10

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Guess toilet brand is a secret.............bye.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
golfergo wrote:
The water stays in both stools OK. So if there is a vac leak in the lines from the stools to the pump does anyone know where the access to those possible leak points are?
Also it seems if air gets in to lose vac, can liquid leak out the same place?

It would be very helpful if you would post brand/model...lots of variations in toilets.

If it is sucking air in........chances of 'liquid/stuff' leaking out is minimal because the system isn't under pressure.

golfergo
Explorer
Explorer
The water stays in both stools OK. So if there is a vac leak in the lines from the stools to the pump does anyone know where the access to those possible leak points are?
Also it seems if air gets in to lose vac, can liquid leak out the same place?

sehunter
Explorer
Explorer
If mine loses a seal it's because something is stuck between the rubber seal and the flush ball and I can tell because the water has disappeared from the bowl. Make your self a little L shaped screw driver type tool and clean underneath the rubber seal.
I've had mine for 8 years and the vacuum pump never runs unless I flush the toilet. Change dealers for your repairs.
Just my 2c worth.
Stan
2008 Bounder
38P, W24, 8.1L, 3 Slides
2019 tow dolly hydraulic brakes

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
If it ever runs when not being used, there is a problem. The good news is the problem is most often cured by a good cleaning of the seals. Baring that, adjust or replace the seal...not a big deal.
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

Bob___Ann
Explorer
Explorer
Ours is two years old and the pump only runs when the toilet is flushed. Your problem is definitely not normal
Bob and Ann
Schnauzer - Della (Rainbow B 3/31/17)
Chihuahua - Lola (Rainbow B 12/26/18)
Autumn-Red Poodle
2019 Tiffin 40 IP Bus
Powerglide Chassis
Cummins 450
Onan 10,000 Watt
Four Slide/ 1.5 Bath
2021 Jeep Unlimited Sahara Toad
Demco Dominator & Airforce One

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
Ours only runs for two or three minutes after flushing and not every 15 minutes or so. I was even concerned about how loud it was. I called the toilet manufacturer, not the coach dealer or manufacturer, using the customer service number in the owner's manual. I was very pleased after talking to their rep. Ours has a shut off switch that could have stopped the near continuous recharging.
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
It never ceases to amaze me what smoke a dealer will blow to make a customer go away.

NO it is NOT NORMAL for vacuum pump to cycle unless you have flushed toilet...then vacuum pump should only run for 1 minute or less to re-establish 2015 Heartland 3700 that is now our home vacuum.

You have a vacuum leak
Either water is NOT staying in toilet bowl OR vacuum line from toilet to vacuum pump has loose connections/clamps

Your dealer is blowing smoke!

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
golfergo wrote:
The manual for my vacuum toilet in a 2013 35k Bounder says that occasional vacuum leakage is normal. After hearing the pump run every 15 minutes all night, the dealer said that was normal. How often does yours run?
There is a kit to check the system for leaks. Has anyone used this kit and how does it work?
I appreciate any advice or stories of experience with this system.
Dick G.

Not normal.

Just a thought - ask for the owners/dealers cell phone number -- ask him to put it under his pillow - Promise him you will not bother him - Call when the pump comes on hang up when it goes off.I think he'll understand that that would never be Normal. :Z

JAT

:W
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

JackInAZ
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2015 Bounder and - knock on wood - have had no trouble with the vacuum toilet. I don't believe the dealer's claim that the pump running every 15 minutes is normal. Call Fleetwood's customer relations folks for advice and assistance. They've been very responsive to my calls.