cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Washer dryer

Rodz
Explorer
Explorer
How many use their washer and dryer enough to be worth while? I had new units installed in my last two MH's and never used them. I just carried them around for many years. This time I only have the W D prep just in case I feel the need to have one.
31 REPLIES 31

Rodz
Explorer
Explorer
dan-nickie wrote:
Since we got our new coach in March, my wife uses it regularly.
All of my clothes are always clean when I need them.

That's one of the problems. My wife works hard at her job and I really don't want her to work when we get out for a few days. It's all about getting away from the daily chores.

doc_brown
Explorer
Explorer
Daily.
Steve,Kathy and Josh
Morpheus(Basenji)at Rainbow Bridge
2004 40' TSDP Country Coach Inspire DaVinci
350 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, Air Force One Braking, Blue Ox

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
Daily
2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
Daily.
2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

dan-nickie
Explorer
Explorer
Since we got our new coach in March, my wife uses it regularly.
All of my clothes are always clean when I need them.
Dan and Nickie
2014 Forest River Berkshire 390RB

RognBon
Explorer
Explorer
We have the combo unit in our coach and we have used it exactly one time in nine years. We are never on the road for more than two weeks at a time, so we have no problem carrying enough extra clothes to last. I have found someone who wants to buy our washer/dryer, so I will be removing it and converting the space for more storage. For some folks it is a necessity, but for us it just takes up valuable space and is a lot of extra weight to haul around. But, to each his own.
RognBon
1997 Monaco Dynasty 40'
Cummins 8.3 325 HP
2008 Ford Edge Toad

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
We full time so having all the conveniences of home (it's home) is important to us. That means household fridge, nice shower, w/d, satellite TV, internet access, full queen bed, whatever. If I lived in a house I would never drive to a laundromat to wash my clothes and I don't want to do it just because my house has wheels.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

How_Dun
Explorer
Explorer
We just traded motorhomes and one of the top reasons was a washer/dryer. We have stayed five nights in it and already washed 2 loads of clothes.

We were staying in a nice campground in Montana a couple years ago that had a tubing stream next to it. That night we were washing a load of towels and in rushed a young couple and threw their wet tubing clothes in a dryer, didn't wash, just dried. I knew then I didn't want to use laundry mats any more.

Mrs. How Dun

Rodz
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:
We had our 2004 prepped for W/D. Ten years later we have not installed them.

We're full-timers so we carry everything with us. We have plenty of clothes to last two weeks. Yesterday I went to a laudramat and did two weeks worth in 1-1/2 hours. I would never be satisfied washing clothes every day. We're out there enjoying life. Also, we're rarely at RV parks with full hookups. Public parks and dry camping are our choice. The gray tank would fill up fast if we washed every day.

To those that think you'd get "cooties" from laundramats, we have never encountered dirty equipment. 95% of the time there is an attendant working who wipes down the washers. Plus, washers wash and then rinse. Why would there be dirt left behind?

That's me also. When on vacation I can't just sit around campgrounds. We mostly overnight at Cracker Barrel, go in for breakfast and on to the next town for something different. Way to many things to see and do on the road.:C

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wouldn't leave home without it.

Small in size but still most every day a small load and never have to schedule in a laundromat day. Just toss in a load and head for the golf course.
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
We had our 2004 prepped for W/D. Ten years later we have not installed them.

We're full-timers so we carry everything with us. We have plenty of clothes to last two weeks. Yesterday I went to a laudramat and did two weeks worth in 1-1/2 hours. I would never be satisfied washing clothes every day. We're out there enjoying life. Also, we're rarely at RV parks with full hookups. Public parks and dry camping are our choice. The gray tank would fill up fast if we washed every day.

To those that think you'd get "cooties" from laundramats, we have never encountered dirty equipment. 95% of the time there is an attendant working who wipes down the washers. Plus, washers wash and then rinse. Why would there be dirt left behind?
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
We use ours daily... Used to pack enough clothes for however long we would be gone. Now we only pack a few outfits and wash as needed.

All towels, dish cloths, and clothes are clean and dry before we break camp. Everything is ready for the next trip. No need to haul dirty stuff home to wash and return it to the RV clean.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
We use our W/D combo every time we take the RV out.

cKarlGo
Explorer
Explorer
I have house clothes and camper clothes. Even on weekend trips, I do a load of laundry. My only regret with the setup in my current coach is that it came with the individual washer/dryer. I'd have much rather kept my splendide and had the additional space back as storage.
---------
k.
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
2014 Honda CR-V
2007 Black Lab/Pitt Bull mix named Harley

Rodz
Explorer
Explorer
Most of our trips are only a few days at a time so we just bring extra cloths. The one time I had a need for it was on a two week trip to Florida. New machine just installed by the RV dealer. They didn't have the water lines in the right place and when they pushed it in place damaged the unit. It flooded the coach with water. Cut the vacation short and stopped at the dealer on the way home to have it repaired and never used it again. They charge $120.00 per hr. and have $9.00 per hr people working on our stuff.