Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water leak next to refrigerator in dining area

jannlanz
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,
I have a 2003 Monaco Diplomat motorhome. When I turn on the water pump and take a shower, the carpet gets soaked that is located next to the refrigerator in the dining area - about a 2' section. Can anyone possibly narrow down this problem? I'm wondering what might be involved in fixing this water leak. Thank you so much for any information.
10 REPLIES 10

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have a Monaco, different model, but our water heater is in the bottom of the cabinet next to the refrigerator. Are you sure it's not a connection on your water heater leaking when you take a hot shower. Ours did and the carpet in that area soaked up the water. Check to see if that is what it is -- only leaked when hot water was in use.

Toot_Mc
Explorer
Explorer
water line to ice maker probably
Coach House 261 XL Platinum
2009 Lincoln MKX AWD
2005 Honda CRV AWD
Airforce1 towd Brake system
2011 VESPA GTV 300
US Navy 1954->62, EM-1, USS Boxer CVA-21, USS Essex CVA-9

jannlanz
Explorer
Explorer
We narrowed it down to the ice maker line and we were able to repair it. Thank you so much for your responses everyone!

2ndhom
Explorer
Explorer
Need to try and eliminate the leaking source .... near the fridge but only when shower/water pump is on!!! :h
Get the ice cube maker water line off or dis-connected to verify leaks or NOT.
How far away is the shower in comparison to the wet carpet? Same side of coach? Run the hot side of shower .... wet? Run the cold side of shower ..... wet?? Is the shower pan leaking ......? Running under the tile and soaking the carpet?
So on and so on ...........

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
Open up the refrigerator access panel on the exterior of your RV, and look for a loose connection. I found that my ice-maker line connection was loose and dripping when the pump was on. It was an easy fix. The most difficult part was removing water from the pan below the refrigerator without bleeding.
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
jannlanz wrote:
Yes it only leaks when the water pump is used. No, the RV was not hooked up to shore water supply. Are these lines difficult to replace? Thank you so much for your replies!

If it 'leaks' when using water pump you will have the same leak when connected to shore water supply.....it's all tied together. Same plumbing system.........just two different sources for water.

If it is the fridge ice maker line it would always leak when system is pressurized with water.

IF the leak only occurs when using shower then I would suspect leak has something to do with shower system.....either leaks from shower diverter (downstream of hot/cold water valves) or from shower drain line.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

jannlanz
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it only leaks when the water pump is used. No, the RV was not hooked up to shore water supply. Are these lines difficult to replace? Thank you so much for your replies!

2ndhom
Explorer
Explorer
jannlanz wrote:
Hello,
I have a 2003 Monaco Diplomat motorhome. When I turn on the water pump and take a shower, the carpet gets soaked that is located next to the refrigerator in the dining area - about a 2' section. Can anyone possibly narrow down this problem? I'm wondering what might be involved in fixing this water leak. Thank you so much for any information.

Are you saying it leaks only when using the water pump ...... also when hooked up to shore water supply?
Check see if you have a ice maker water shut off valve from the exterior. If no valve use something to sqeeze off the supply line to determine if that's causing the leak.

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like the water line feeding the ice maker in your fridge. Can you be a bit more descriptive or post a pic?
“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Could be ice maker line. It may not have been winterized, froze and split.
Check for connection under kitchen sink. That is if it leaks a little all the time and you only notice after sower.
It could be the shower line. same thing. Didn't get winterized. Some can be accessed through viod to replace.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker