Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

House Batteries Dead

I purchased a 2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom Class A this summer. We plan to use it during the January - April time frame. I live in a Condo complex so have to store it offsite. I have been going down ever couple of weeks to start the coach engine a...

jgmace by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

low power

When traveling at high altitude my moho looses power as does Rav4 toad moho is 2014 f53. Does any one else have this problem and a solution??

blknomad by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Traveling in the Cold

I will be taking my first winter trip next week and have never traveled in the cold weather. I will be traveling from Colorado to Texas and back. I don't think temps in Texas will be a problem but Colorado and New Mexico will get cold and freezing. M...

Claybe by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Picking up our New to Us Class A on Friday

After several months of looking we have purchased a 2004 DAMON DAYBREAK 3295 with the GM 8.1 Workhorse. I have to say that after having it up to over 70 mph (just to check out for any vibrations or strange noises) I was surprised with how quiet the e...

TugCE by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Shampooing RV rugs.

Hello!My dad was wondering if it was possible to shampoo rv rugs like you would with house rugs?He is new to rving, so any answer would help greatly!

I-Beam Front End Suspension

Hi All, I am looking at a new 2016 Discovery 40E DP, and noticed that is has an I-beam suspension rather than independent suspension. A longtime DP owner/salesman at another dealer told me there is a significant difference in ride between the two. ...

Making your own water filtering system

I have an onboard water filter in my Super C but still use a charcoal external filter at the hydrant. I'm going to eliminate the existing one in the MH as it is not in a really good location especially when winterizing and is not the type of filterin...

Butch50 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Sprinter spare tire

We recently downsized from a large class A and never carried a spare since we used roadside assistance. With our new sprinter motor home, it carries a spare tire and rim under the frame. I just weighed our motor home loaded and it is 100 pounds overw...

hpdrver by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Braking Conundrum

God willing, my wife and I plan to purchase our first Class A next year. We've done tons of research and know what we want as far as size, layout, etc. We think we might prefer diesel over gas. The problem is: I have never operated an air brake, and...

Sonny54 by Explorer II
  • 119 replies
  • 0 likes

Search Continues

So, I have been seriously looking at a 2004 DAMON DAYBREAK 3295. It is in really great condition and only has 32,000 miles on it.My question is what do you think of the GM 8.1 and the GM 4 Speed Transmission? I was hoping for an Allison but it is wha...

TugCE by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Genny oil

Is synthetic oil a good idea for my 5.5.kw generator?

T_bone1 by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Help with external propane supply.

Hello, I am having serious problems trying to hook up an external 20lb propane tank to my RV.It's a 1988 Super Chief and nobody, not even RV supply stores has anything that can help me, and I can't seem to find anything online that fits the new OPD c...

Ian6 by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

35’ Pusher (short WB) vs 35’ Gas vs 35’ FRED?

I’m just starting to investigate replacing my current coach, a 1999 Freightliner XC/ISB DP. I like the 34 – 36 foot length; I can squeeze it into some state park sites. One key upgrade I’m looking for is a king size bed. My dilemma is the trade of...

CVD by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Thermo Cube Thermostatically Controlled Outlet

Anyone Use This Cold Weather Thermo Cube Thermostatically Controlled Outlet - On at 35-Degrees/Off at 45-Degrees.I keep a couple of 150 watt Halogens in the Coach during the winter, use them to keep the temp around 40, and the only problem is they ar...