cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water leak

Sandra
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a diagram for water lines into toilet for a Rexhall 2001 roseair diesel motor home. No repair shop can find the a leak, new toilet, new flange. Floor was replaced. Toilet does not leak. Where is the water inlet source? ..
11 REPLIES 11

dalerussel
Explorer
Explorer
We just repaired an intermittent leak in our toilet by replacing the flush valve. In doing this I noticed a couple connections that could cause a leak.

First, if the connection between the water supply line and the toilet is not properly seated, it could leak. The plastic female connector attached to the hose could leak, especially if deformed, not tight or under stress. Some Teflon tape might help this connection.

Second, the hose that connects the flush valve to the toilet bowl has an O ring that if not properly seated in its groove, could leak. With a new toilet, I would doubt that this was your problem.

I would suggest wrapping the hose with paper to narrow down where the leak originates. You might also have a small crack in the pipe.

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
If your pump does not come on intermittently then you don't have a leak in the supply system. I would look at the flushing of the water and a leak where it attaches to the floor, maybe that seal is not seated properly.

Sandra
Explorer
Explorer
The pump does not come on.water shows up after flushing,but no sign
Of water on toilet it self. Just on floor.

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
At night with nothing running do you hear the water pump cycle on and off periodically? Once every hr? Once every 4 hrs? How often do you hear it?

Sooner_Schooner
Explorer
Explorer
We had a problem and it was a drip from the regulator for the toilet. Check the piece that the water line connects to at the base of the toilet. Very easy to repair yourself. Put a little bowl under it to see if it collects water. We actually had wet carpet in the hallway where it ran to.
2008 Damon Tuscany 4076 40' Diesel Pusher

Sandra
Explorer
Explorer
There was a leak going on for a long time,just didn't realize it until the old toilet developed a leak. Pulled up carpet when we got a new toilet, floor was rotten, had it replaced. Everything is new.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Someone needs to lean in and observe this pool of water as it forms.
Must be some odd position or flush action that is causing it.

Did this start with the new toilet?

How about a picture?

Sandra
Explorer
Explorer
When did you contact Rex hall last,didn't think they were doing much.

Sandra
Explorer
Explorer
We have checked all of the above.Where does the water come from to the inlet valve. ?

Only water on floor is after husband sits on toilet. Not every time.
He is careful not from him.

aslakson
Explorer
Explorer
You might also consider raising this topic on the Rexhall owners group at Yahoo - https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/rexhall_motorhomes/info. And a call to Rexhall service in Lancaster CA might also give you some insight - they can be very helpful.

al
Fulltiming since Apr 2007 in 2000 Rexhall Aerbus, towing 2012 Honda CRV. 47 of the lower 48 so far.

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
My water inlet for the toilot comes out of the wall behind the toilot. Are you seeing water on the floor? After driving? Perhaps bowl slop? With water pump on and all faucets off does the pump cycle periodically? If not there is no fresh water leak. Can you give us more info?
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)