cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water softener...

dengineer
Explorer
Explorer
Does it matter wether the softener is connected before the whole house filters or after?
Any comments will be greatly appr.!!!!
Thank you!!!!!!

Tony
10 REPLIES 10

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
dengineer wrote:
Tnx !!! I was concerned also about the salt in the water damaging the filters,...
Tony
What salt??? You flush the salt after regenerating the resin.

You will find good info about setting up your system at RV Water Filter Store, and you can always call and talk to Rick. He is a RVer just like us. Same with folks at Flow Pur Water Softeners. They can offer you a wealth of info just for asking.
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

ncrowley
Explorer
Explorer
If possible, you want a sediment filter before the water softener. That way the filters take out sediment before the sediment goes into the softener. We have both the sediment filter and charcoal filter before the water softener. If the water softener is external and the filters are in the coach, you will not have a choice - you will need to go through the water softener first.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

C_SL
Explorer
Explorer
Well we have a sediment filter before the softener and two whole house filters after the softener. No moving parts in our softener either.
2005 Monaco, Signature 525 Hp Cummins

98 Jeep Grand Cherokee

ADUS
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I mean to say that the whole house filter first and then the softener.

Boonedocks
Explorer
Explorer
My filters are before the softener even though my softener doesn't have any moving parts. I figure I am filtering out some particles(iron for example) that otherwise would be "caught" by the softener media thereby lengthening my time between regeneration.
2003 Country Coach Intrigue towing 2006 Ford Focus. Follow our full timing adventures at The BooneDocks

BrianinMichigan
Explorer
Explorer
On almost any setup that I have seen the filer is before the softener because it catches grit before it goes into the softener. That way it doesn't wear and grind the moving parts of the softner
1990 GEORGIE BOY 28' 454 4BBL, TURBO 400 TRANS,
CAMPING: WHERE YOU SPEND A SMALL FORTUNE TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON.

dengineer
Explorer
Explorer
Well, that makes sense also... in the past I had it after the filters, however in this coach it seemed easier the other way...I quess tomorrow I will perform surgery and move it to the compartment where the filters are...
I thank you all !!!!
Tony

stubblejumper
Explorer
Explorer
Shouldn't be any debris AFTER the whole house filters therefore the filters would remove any debris that could build up and clog the resin cartridge.
1999 Winnebego Chieftain
Wayne & Leila and Teddi (the Kid in the brown fuzzy pyjamas)

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

dengineer
Explorer
Explorer
Tnx !!! I was concerned also about the salt in the water damaging the filters, I just bought the reusable (washables) ones, 1 is pleated 1st and after a ceramic one... they are not something I want to replace in a long time!
Agn tnx for your advice...
Tony

ADUS
Explorer
Explorer
After to catch any debris if it should come along.