cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

watkins glenn nascar race

hanko
Explorer
Explorer
wonderd if any one was going? I see there is reserved rv spots available, or wheather is better to stay in a private campground.
2014 Tiffin Open Road 36LA,Banks Power pack,sumo springs, 5 star tune, magnum invertor

2013 Ford Focus Toad

Haigh Superstar
18 REPLIES 18

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
HANKO: the only answer I can give right now is how much my deposit is for the August 2015 NASCAR race. $62. Full hookup (WES&C) pull thru.
I PRESUME that is the nightly rate for race weekend. Subject to change....of course.

hanko
Explorer
Explorer
jerseyjim wrote:
We stay at the nearby KOA. Expensive (race weekend) but very nice place. Good for the kiddies/grandkids too.
I'd like to camp at the track...but wifeepoo likes her "creature comforts".

What does the KOA charge on that week for full hookups? clute wanted 55 a night which I thought was a good deal being its race weekend. Roger that on the wifepoo and creature comforts. Diane can suck up 100 gals on water in no time
2014 Tiffin Open Road 36LA,Banks Power pack,sumo springs, 5 star tune, magnum invertor

2013 Ford Focus Toad

Haigh Superstar

hanko
Explorer
Explorer
god idea, ILL wait till i get out there and figure out the ticket thing. Like I said, I can watch it on the TV and not deal with the crowds.

2013 Ford Focus Toad

Haigh Superstar

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
HANKO: Once we bought tickets in advance...and it got rained out. Postponed until Monday. Rained out again. We had to leave. Lost a buncha' bucks. From then on...we bought at the gate. Same price(s).
Research the website and find any "packages: of tickets. Some in our group buy the 3 day pass...others, simply race day.
Buy at the gate...no problems. (there is a ticket office on-site, too)
Any other info...PM me.

hanko
Explorer
Explorer
we'll stay at clute unless KOA calls with an opening. I have to find out on how to get race tickets. maybe I'LL go to the xfinity race and watch the cup race on the TV, thanks

2013 Ford Focus Toad

Haigh Superstar

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
The KOA being full is "normal" for NASCAR race week(end). We've been going since 1989. USED to be I'd call in April for a site...and no problems. But the past 10 years, I reserve for the next year when checking in for this year. However, things can change. About 4 years ago, 2 travelers having no idea about any races happened to stop by for the nite (stayed for 4...and even went to the races) and there were 2 open WES sites open.
My advise to HANKO is simply to keep calling. Y'never know. (But Clute is nice place.)

hanko
Explorer
Explorer
the KOA is full, on a waiting list, 15 ahead of us. But I did find a cancellation at Clute, so i took it. maybe something will pop at the KOA this summer. anyone else going?

2013 Ford Focus Toad

Haigh Superstar

mtrumpet
Explorer
Explorer
RoadAbode wrote:
Romer1 wrote:
polly sue wrote:
There's a nice RV park at the bottom of the lake! Sorry I can't recall its name, but we found it in the Trailer Life book.

Clute Park

Yup we've stayed at Clute Memorial Park a few times. Great location - at the base of Seneca Lake. Walmart in walking distance to pickup any supplies. Have also stayed at Watkins Glen State Park - very nice.
Link to info here

Ditto on Clute Park. We usually go there at least twice per year. Very nice place.
Mark & Cherie
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP 3872, Cummins 350 ISC, Spartan Chassis

hanko
Explorer
Explorer
clements02 wrote:
We're staying in the reserved Rv lot behind pit road this August. This will be our first time at a road course. Looking forward to it!

how do you do that? web site is kinda confusing

2013 Ford Focus Toad

Haigh Superstar

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Heisenberg wrote:
He should come back for this one.

No, substitution for Marcos, he is concentrating on V8Supercar. On the other hand if the SIX TIMES Champ, Jamie Whincup, could be lured:W

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
We stay at the nearby KOA. Expensive (race weekend) but very nice place. Good for the kiddies/grandkids too.
I'd like to camp at the track...but wifeepoo likes her "creature comforts".

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
He should come back for this one.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
No, Marcos Ambrose this year,which will take some of the fun out of it

RoadAbode
Explorer
Explorer
Romer1 wrote:
polly sue wrote:
There's a nice RV park at the bottom of the lake! Sorry I can't recall its name, but we found it in the Trailer Life book.

Clute Park

Yup we've stayed at Clute Memorial Park a few times. Great location - at the base of Seneca Lake. Walmart in walking distance to pickup any supplies. Have also stayed at Watkins Glen State Park - very nice.
Link to info here
The RoadAbode Crew
Mike ~ Amy ~ Kimberly ~ Emily ~ and Molly the pup
RoadAbode Blog