cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What Did You Do in your Sprinter Based RV Today?

Just_Lee
Explorer
Explorer
Trying to get people who own them to post their experiences;

Yesterday I installed a MUCH louder horn "Bad Boy" from Harbor Freight, easy install. Also added more shelving in the Bathroom closet.
2004 Meridian towing 96 Tracker
If you don't stand behind our TROOPS feel free to stand in front of them during a fire fight

In God We Trust ALL Others pay CASH
112 REPLIES 112

DKeppner
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced the Coby DVD player with a Samsung wifi blu-ray and dvd player. Discovered my tv remote is now dead. Does anyone know what brand came in the 2007/08 series Mine is all black, no branding on the front or backside,110v with multiple inputs (HDMI, VGA, Component, etc). On screen menu is generic as well. Need to know the make and model so can get replacement remote. Or just donate it and replace with a 24".
Its not the Destination or the Journey.
Its the Excursion

Just_Lee
Explorer
Explorer
We just spent 3 days "In" Yosemite. With our old Motor Home we were not able to visit/camp in Yosemite, it WAS a 38ft Diesel Pusher and to big.

Now that we are owners of a 2013vp 24g we can fit into National Parks along with all the other ones. It was a very enjoyable trip and our "Winnie da Pooh" performed flawlessly. We towed our Tracker for the first time and got 14.4 MPG even going up and down the hills. The one thing we learned was in the colder air plastic windows in our Tracker Break. Darn-It... Oh well it was time for a new top anyway.

We were in Yosemite for 4 days and 3 nights with NO HOOKUPS and came home with plenty of room to spare. 1/3 tank of fresh left, 2/3 +or- Grey/Black Tanks and 1/2 Tank of Propane.

We are so looking forward to MANY MANY more days of Dry Camping and Camping with hookups. Downsizing is by far the best decision we have made in the past few years..

LeeB 2013vp 24g
Central Valley, Ca.
If you don't stand behind our TROOPS feel free to stand in front of them during a fire fight

DKeppner
Explorer
Explorer
Made it back home a few days ago.

Some notes:
Never do the orientation when the outside temperature exceeds 90. We did ours while it was 114 and were miserable the whole time.
Never take anything for granted when doing the orientation in 114 degree heat. For instance, find out the parking brake must be set BEFORE you can use the slide. 3 days to figure out that one.
Beware the helpful dealer who changes the oil for the sale. Too much oil creates one heck of a nuisance with the hi oil level alarm. Scared the nuggies off me the first day.
While its a little motor home, its still over 10000lbs to slow and stop and not a freekin sport car.
Not all stinky slinkies are alike. Check the pipe and fitting before leaving the store. One too big and one too small make for no workie at all.
Quiche is your friend, bring salt.

Good grief do I LOVE this rig!!
Its the Excursion

rvsolutions
Explorer
Explorer
WAshed and packed ready to go to Jalama Beach in Calif
Don & Kathy Irvine

2013 Winnebago Via R,
2010 CRV Behind,
Lexie the Westie in charge!
FMCA 119467

AprilWhine
Explorer
Explorer
DKeppner wrote:
I'll be stepping into my first GS Vista Cruiser mini tomorrow afternoon. Buying a gently used 2008 in Tucson and will be driving it north to Washington. Long for a first trip and I'm sure to be shaking up things a bit. Simply can't wait.

We picked up our well used (150,000+ miles) 2008 View in Branson, MO then drove to Florence, AL before returning to Pahrump, NV. We bought tires while in AL but otherwise just put in fuel and drove. I doubt you will have any problems.

Once we were back in Fuzzy's Garage, he went over everything with a critical eye. Except for normal maintenance items, there was very little to be fixed. If you look back along this thread, you will see the things he fixed.
1997 Prevost by Angola towing 2014 Honda CRV
OR
2008 Winnebago View towing 2015 Fiat 1957 Anniversary Edition
Pick one

Just_Lee
Explorer
Explorer
DKeppner wrote:
I'll be stepping into my first GS Vista Cruiser mini tomorrow afternoon. Buying a gently used 2008 in Tucson and will be driving it north to Washington. Long for a first trip and I'm sure to be shaking up things a bit. Simply can't wait.

DK we picked ours up in Iowa and drove it for over 5000 miles before we got home to California....

We got reservations at Crane Flat (in Yosemite) for Monday to Thursday can't wait for a break from doing Mods to our 2013vp 24g..

I am going to try and list what I have done.... Here goes...

Installed more shelves in the tall closet in the bathroom
Installed Scan Gauge 2
Installed Trik-L-Start
Installed a 60 amp 4 stage converter/charger
Totally installed everything so we can tow a 96 Tracker including Ready Brake.
Installed 2 Leveler Jacks (to help stabilize while camped)

Wife has more Honey Do's and I am sure I have forgot some...

Oh yeah I installed a LOUDER Horn...... Beep Beep

DKeppner
Explorer
Explorer
Its the Excursion

Wayne_Dohnal
Explorer
Explorer
Dakzuki wrote:
Wayne Dohnal wrote:
Hey V6 Sprinter owners. NAPA has Mobil 1 on sale through June for 5.99/qt and it includes the 229.51 spec stuff (Forumula M) the DPF equipped Sprinters use. That is a screamin' deal.
The 229.51 oil is not listed at the 5.99 price. www.napacircular.com Pulling it up on the web site confirms it's 8.99 a quart http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx?R=MOR105856_0006406863

Wayne,

When I click on the second link you provided it clearly says 5.99.
Looks like it depends on the store. For example, if you type in zip 95001 it lists 3 stores. If you pick the Santa Cruz store the price is 5.99. The Felton and Castroville stores give 8.99. At least that's what happens right now, today. Seems fishy to me. I wonder is this is intentional, or if it's a software "feature".
2009 Fleetwood Icon 24A
Honda Fit dinghy with US Gear brake system
LinkPro battery monitor - EU2000i generator

Dakzuki
Explorer
Explorer
Wayne Dohnal wrote:
Hey V6 Sprinter owners. NAPA has Mobil 1 on sale through June for 5.99/qt and it includes the 229.51 spec stuff (Forumula M) the DPF equipped Sprinters use. That is a screamin' deal.
The 229.51 oil is not listed at the 5.99 price. www.napacircular.com Pulling it up on the web site confirms it's 8.99 a quart http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx?R=MOR105856_0006406863

Wayne,

When I click on the second link you provided it clearly says 5.99.
2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad

Wayne_Dohnal
Explorer
Explorer
2009 Fleetwood Icon 24A
Honda Fit dinghy with US Gear brake system
LinkPro battery monitor - EU2000i generator

Dakzuki
Explorer
Explorer
2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad

AprilWhine
Explorer
Explorer
We were rolling along I-80, listening to Canned Heat when we ran into bad weather. It slowed us down enough for common sense to catch up. ๐Ÿ˜‰

WTF were we doing getting levelers installed before going on a caravan to Alaska? :E Levelers would take away critical ground clearance and add to our weight, when every pound counts!

Leveler installation has been postponed till fall.

Not saying the wind was stiff, but we saw a slide in truck camper sitting in the median where it had been blown off the truck. Also, wind from the north was so strong it blew one of our fake compartment doors off and left it flapping. Glad to have plenty of wire ties!
OR
Pick one

rvsolutions
Explorer
Explorer
Could someone who has swapped out the horn for the one they have at Harbor Freight if it is a straight swap or do you have to mess with new wiring or fuses?
Thanks
Don & Kathy Irvine

2013 Winnebago Via R,
2010 CRV Behind,
FMCA 119467

rvsolutions
Explorer
Explorer
We made a inside sun shade from a roll of aluminum coated material we purchased at Camping World. Used velcro tabs to hold it on the inside up against the windshield. Heat and light is reflected out, should save wear on the curtains and keeps coach cooler in Calif sun.
Don & Kathy Irvine

2013 Winnebago Via R,
2010 CRV Behind,
FMCA 119467

AprilWhine
Explorer
Explorer
Last mod before we left home was to install an extend-a-shower. Highly recommended! I hated the squeegee shower!

Here's a couple of pictures of our rig on the road:

OR
Pick one