cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

BrianinMichigan
Explorer
Explorer
Stabil the fuel, antifreeze the lines, getting ready to change the oil and put it up for the winter.
1990 GEORGIE BOY 28' 454 4BBL, TURBO 400 TRANS,
CAMPING: WHERE YOU SPEND A SMALL FORTUNE TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON.

CCIntrigue
Explorer
Explorer
GHOST1750 wrote:
Then I need to put some new tires on. $$$$$$$$$$

Just did that ... big dent in the wallet.

Packed a few more things for our upcoming trip to FL. 69 hours and counting!
Country Coach Intrigue
Miata and golf cart trailered on Featherlite
1 handsome husband
Kassie, our Miniature Schnauzer copilot

GHOST1750
Explorer
Explorer
nothing, I'm in St Louis and my motor home is in storage in Ca. Headed back there in the morning. Then I need to put some new tires on. $$$$$$$$$$
Just Don and a Chiuahua called Dulce
2003 39' Tradewinds LE
2002 Cavalier tow
Korean Veteran, USAF
FMCA F357981
CC4C
GOOD SAM

Life is a journey, not a destination !

BobMary8101
Explorer
Explorer
New front brake pads...........
Bob and Mary
Isabelle, mini-daschund
2015 KZ Vision TT

WRBD88
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced the bottom portion of our ladder. Not an easy task but after using a lot of WD-40 to loosen some of the more stubborn screws, the rest went fairly well. DH came out and helped me by holding the tools and bracing certain parts while I disassembled the broken part. Yes, I said DH, this is DW that did the repair...had we had it done at the dealer it would have cost us somewhere between $2 & 3 hundred dollars. I ordered the part from the Monaco supplier and held if for about a month and when I realized no help was forthcoming I decided to do it. Happy to say it is done. So ladies we can help ourselves if we have to.
Wilma

2003 Monaco Lapalma 34'6"
Workhorse
2006 Saturn SUV Toad
Just us,no kids, no pets
Husband Ret. LTC AF

dennis_and_terr
Explorer
Explorer
topped off the coach battery water, put pink stuff in the water lines, and put it to bed for the winter so it'll be nice and rested for Fort Wilderness in April. at least i'm lucky enough to be able to have it parked on the driveway. the genset always gives me piece of mind in case the power drops out during a winter storm.
dennis and terry
2000 damon intruder 349 (The Boo-mobile)
cats Hunter and Jazz
dog Abigail (newly adopted from humane society)
1995 Saturn wagon toad

oldcrowlarry
Explorer
Explorer
Washed all windows and windshield, checked all fluids, started loading for trip next weekend. Plugged into shore power and turned on refrigerator. Installed my 2m/440 antenna so I can do some HAM radio on our trip. Checked tires and pressure and a little dusting. Haven't had "Big Lucy" in over a month.
KC7MQH

SugarRV
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced seal on rear roof a/c. Unloaded summer "camping stuff" to make room for winter "living stuff".

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Changed the trans over to Transyn and replaced the brake fluid. Oil and filter change, ran the genny, only 30 hours since the last service, and started to do a good cleaning on the inside first. Then thres the outside.................our weather has been foggy and windy a couple of weeks ago, so you can imagine what the outside looks like.
I need to replace the house batteries..........they just dont last very long anymore.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

thunderstruckhd
Explorer
Explorer
69RoadRunner wrote:
There's a Harbor Freight around the corner from my storage lot. Since the tools in the MH don't get much use, yes, I buy the cheap stuff for it. I get Sears tools for home.

Some time I'm going to have to investigate how you manually retract a slide (or is it the jacks?) using a ratchet. I might buy a cheap HF impact wrench since I have an air hose connection (and an air hose) on the motorhome. An impact wrench would make the job quicker if that emergency arose.

I'd hate to load/unload my home air wrench for every trip. I know I'd forget it. The HF 3/8" wrench was maybe $20 - $25.

I have about $50,000.00 worth of professional Snap-On and Mac tools. Guess what... They break too...
Prevost H3-45 Featherlite Vantare
500HP Series 60 Detroit Diesel
Assorted trailers,toys and toads
And Zoie the Doberman.(01/26/01 - 07/23/11) R.I.P.

Capt_Rick
Explorer
Explorer
Waxing, waxing, and more waxing!
Capt. Rick and JoAnn
Key Largo, Florida

Goodturn
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced the water compartment panel that I wrecked when I pulled away with city water still hooked up. Yah, I know. Drained and blew out the water system and put antifreeze in the p-traps, dishwasher, and clothes washer. Aired up the tires and replaced a broken bolt on the coach step. Also touched up some paint chips. Next week I'll do the oil, lube, and filter, and then we'll load up at the end of the month to head south for 5 months. I'm ready.

PPCLI-Jim
Explorer
Explorer
working on a window wiper motor and then going for new steering axle tires.
Been there, doing that have a few T shirts .

geezer34nh
Explorer
Explorer
The class A was ok but had to replace a transmission cooler line on the Subaru. That was a project.
Brad & Lucy aka the Geezer & The Hedgehog
1990 Foretravel 38' DP
Kitty Kats: Earl and Max
Subie the Subaru riding the car trailer
Navigation: CoPilot 9 on a lap top
ASE Master Technician
SAE

subtroll
Explorer
Explorer
Rebuilt the commode after 6 seasons of use. Much easier than I expected and not as messy. Removed the unit (4 bolts and water connection), pressure washed bottom, ordered the base kit to replace the seal, springs and moving parts, reassembled and reinstalled. Nice to have a water seal again.
2004 National Tropi-cal Sterling 396
2003 Jeep Liberty