cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

gchart57
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced the kitchen faucet so it more user friendly for my wife, also converted the van in the bathroom to a vortex van which is very nice.

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
livingaboard wrote:
I installed a $5 toilet paper holder on the inside of one of the doors that opens under the sink. The original holder is ugly, corroded brass and impossible to use since it is basically located where your right back pocket would be... You would have to be a contortionist to use it.

your're supposed to pull the paper off not try to rub dry on it like a dog accross carpet. LOL

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
livingaboard wrote:
I installed a $5 toilet paper holder on the inside of one of the doors that opens under the sink. The original holder is ugly, corroded brass and impossible to use since it is basically located where your right back pocket would be... You would have to be a contortionist to use it.

Where does someone whom lives in the best location for fishing and lounging and eating in the USA go to use their RV?

Washington State has it all!

livingaboard
Explorer
Explorer
Dave
Everett, WA
2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U, F53 Triton V-10
Firestone air bags with Quad control air gauge
Pressure Pro tire pressure monitor
Banks Exhaust
SuperSteer rear trac bar
Olympian Wave heaters (Wall mount and portable)

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just the other day, I decided to quit procrastinating (on fixing the GE Advantium micro/convection oven). After the diagnosis, and after checking the excellent Memorial Day specials at Sears, I decided to buy a new unit (this time, the stainless steel model like in my house kitchen). NOW, I can procrastinate on when to install it....:B:B:B
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday installed a replacement DVD player with a another one I've had laying around the house (never used). Got it all installed. Put batteries in remote. Put remote down for a minute. Picked up remote and tried to power up the DVD via the remote. Didn't work. Tried to check the batteries. Noticed warpage around battery area. Took batteries out which felt slimy (had to pry the cover off). Threw batteries in trash. Went over to Wally World to get another DVD as the remote was no longer available on the net.

Today I clean out the rat's nest in the overhead compartment where the DVD and satellite box resides. Gotta keep the cables and power cords from becoming intertwined.

The power switch for that compartment's cooling fan also needs attention.

Have a replacement hot water switch coming from HR directly from the vendor. Tiny little black thing with a light inside the rocker switch. Must have gold contacts as it was pricey. ๐Ÿ™‚

pohlcat
Explorer
Explorer
Was told the check engine light was for a bad turbo by Cummins shop. And it was 4100.00 to replace. Told them I would have to think about it. Check Engine light didn't come on while on the way home. You would think a turbo would go bad after 23,000 miles.
Any and all comments welcomed.
2003 37' Coachmen Cross Country Diesel
Blue Ox Tow Bar
TST TM-510RV

Edouard
Explorer
Explorer
Completed another 60% section of Gel-Gloss cleaning, deoxidizing & polishing of the fibreglass roof, don't believe it was every touched, 20% left to do near the back, hopefully tomorrow before heat sets in.
Makes a real difference, will make it easier to keep it clean going forward.
Eugene & Stella

OzarkPreacher
Explorer
Explorer
replaced the smoke colored dome and the inside trim sleeve on the fantastic vent fan. Recaulked anything that looked the least bit iffy while I was on the roof. Used Dicor self leveling caulk.parts arrived today at no charge from Fantastic Vent Fan.

s_N_s
Explorer
Explorer
Well I guess this would qualify. Installed a new 50A 120/240V circuit for the moho at the sister-in-laws in Traverse City, MI. All hooked up and all is GOOD!!!! :B
Steve & Sally
Hudson (Our Little Pom)
HiTee, Houston & Heidi (Forever In Our Hearts and Never Forgotten)
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22
05 pt Cruiser Vert 5 speed
Demco baseplate with Commander Tow Bar

"Never try to outsmart your common sense"

P3TC
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced a broken 'TEST' switch on the convenience center panel with a new one, one of the wires broke in the process, everything takes longer than you expect.

Bill
:)1998 Monaco Diplomat

twocruisin
Explorer
Explorer
Cleaned the cooling coils on the front Carrier air conditioner..........Will do the rear today........Have to get up there early since it's been in the 90's here in Crystal River by mid afternoon.......
I use Grease Relief on the both coils and clean all the junk and fungus out....It really helps keep the machine running cool.....

John
John
Crystal River
Florida
40 Foot Damon Diesel Bus

livingaboard
Explorer
Explorer
in the past few weeks I have replaced all three batteries

installed interlocking foam panels with raised diamond tread from the kitchen through the back bedroom

installed a push button soap dispenser in the shower ( we use the three in one products I got at Walmart where the one soap product is shampoo, gel and conditioner in one),

hinged the front lower portion of the couch and added friction latches to make it easy to just pull down and access storage under couch (before the couch had to be lifted up and the decorative board lifted and removed for access.

installed a 3a40bc fire extinguisher in the bedroom

installed a new co detector in the bedroom

added a second smoke alarm

lubed the front end and u-joints

repaired the damage I caused to the rv by running into the gutters of my house

installed clear sections on the storm door where there was a white plastic slider and white painted metal section. Now we can see out with minimal obstruction

installed a Camco push bar on the screen door. I really like this option

Installed a grate on the bottom half of the screen door to keep the baby from tumbling out. Also installed barrel latch on door

installed a board to cover up stairwell so baby doesn't fall in

installed a three outlet cigarette lighter thing

shook the current fire extinguishers to move the powder around

installed new floor registers in hallway and bedroom. Also painted them black from the stock brown. It matches the charcoal foam pads I installed.

made and installed an awning lock

installed a hose and shutoff valve on the water heater so I can direct when and where the water goes instead of having to dance around removing the plastic plug. Now I just turn a valve to drain and I have a screw on adapter which allows me to screw on a garden hose and fill up the tank to back flush it.

installed two screw in rubber stoppers on the sidewall where the fridge goes since my bathroom door always hits that area. Now the door hits the rubber stops.

installed reflective DOT tape strips on my slide outs so they are very visible at night. You don't see the tape when the slides are in.

I plan on ripping out the rest of the carpet soon
Dave
Everett, WA
2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U, F53 Triton V-10
Firestone air bags with Quad control air gauge
Pressure Pro tire pressure monitor
Banks Exhaust
SuperSteer rear trac bar
Olympian Wave heaters (Wall mount and portable)

BigRabbitMan
Explorer
Explorer
I picked up and brought home the collapsible fire pit I designed and had made that matches my coach. It will be raffled at a rally next month.

More photos can be seen here.
BigRabbitMan
Gas to Diesel Conversion project
76 FMC #1046, Gas Pusher became a Diesel Pusher
Discussion thread on this site
"You're never too old to learn something stupid."

OzarkPreacher
Explorer
Explorer
finished the TV install in the bedroom. Looks pretty good and out of the way now. No more having to strap the old tube type down before take off. And the big plus is we went from a 13" to a 20".