cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

retiredbump
Explorer
Explorer
I started the waxing job on our 2006 Bounder DP and also began the packing process for our trip south. We just returned from a trip to Acadia National Park in Bar Harbor, ME and we are ready to head south!!

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
Left it with the Freightliner shop in Monctin NB to have the airbag dump and fill valve replaced. Yesterday the "check engine" light kept flickering on as the engine hesitated pulling hard up hill. $$$$$$$??!
:E

Internet via the laptop in the toad, courtesy Moncton NB City free wifi down Main street. Cool! Thanks, Moncton!

Now we may go watch the tide change--40 feet in 6 hours!

zmotorsports
Explorer
Explorer
Last night I removed the Concord motorized antenna that I had been fighting with for the past couple of years and been very unhappy with. I replaced it with a Winegard MA1000 motorized antenna. The installation would have gone a lot smoother had Monaco not tied all the wires together prior to installing the roof. The Winegard uses two more wires in the loom than the Concord. I thought at first no big deal just tie a string on to the old and pull it out and pull the new wire loom through. The wires wouldn't move more than about an inch.

After about an hour of screwing around with different ideas and the boroscope looking into the roof structure I decided to just cut the original loom and solder the plug from the old on to each end and use two other wires that were there for the original antenna stored sensor. This actually worked out quite well.

Another thing I was very disappointed in the Concord antenna was the fact that they had to have two holes drilled into the roof because the motor and the electrical connector hung below the mounting surface of the antenna. I don't know why they couldn't keep the mounting surface flat like the Winegard. The Winegard in my opinion is a much better design where everything is contained in the unit above the roof line and other than the wiring there was no need to have any addition holes in the roof.

I was able to cover two holes from the Concord with the base of the new Winegard and then had to fabricate a cover to put over the wire penetration from the original Concord antenna. I used butyl tape under the antenna and the cover plate and then after installation I covered the edges and the mounting screws with Dicor and the roof part was done. I still just have to mount the new controller in the cabine tonight and fabricate a small plate to cover the existing hole from the Concord controller and then it is completely done. Mike.
2003 Monaco Dynasty/ 26' Haulmark Edge trailer
2011 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon

wolfman01
Explorer
Explorer
Defrosted freezer and the metal "thingie" in the refrigerator as it was iced up and beginning to not cool like it should. Seems to be doing better now.
2011 Hyundai Accent SE (8k)
1996 Tiffin Allegro Bay 31' ga$$er motorhome (42k)
Bear, my four legged, furry companion.
RVing is an obsession more expensive than drugs. :E

EndeavorV10
Explorer
Explorer
I dropped mine off to get the windshields replaced and new gaskets and the rock chips that damaged the RV while at Barrington RV are getting sanded away and the front end is getting repainted.

My hope is the front paint matches the rest of the coach and our front leak into the coach is fixed as well.

Hopefully I get it back before October 1st so the wife and I can make a Halloween shindig at Sugar Shores RV resort from 10/1 to 10/3.
2013 Montana 3725RL Fifth Wheel
Saving up for F-350 Premium Dually 6.7 Diesel
My RV Blog

ctpres
Explorer
Explorer
Finished installation of toilet flush lever on screen door slider. Now we can open screen door without opening slider.
Installed FMCA member plate on rean ladder and on front windshield.
After two day test of new electronic humidity meter - proved we are wasting money running the dehumidifier we moved from our little travel trailer. Now to shop for one with much bigger capacity.
A "Retired" Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste
Chuck USNR, USAF & USCGA and Suzie
Challenger Owners Club

2015 Thor Challenger 37KT
2014 Ford Fiesta
2011 Sea Eagle 385 FT kayak
2009 Polaris RZR
2014 Zenetto Stealth road bike

akartage
Explorer
Explorer
This weekend I put up some stick-on "brick" tiles behind the stove in the RV. I'm "Italian-ing" up my RV. Today I found some really nice kitchen curtains ala Italiano for the window over the sink. Of course, it needs to be shortened for the smaller window. I'm planning on taking down the cornices in the bedroom and replacing them with curtains also. Right now they're just too dark and heavy looking and they don't really serve any purpose, so....

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Finished hooking up the electrical in the MH garage after burying underground wire from the regular garage. This replaced the temporary 30 amp cable lying on the ground. Got the house batteries charging again.

Waiting to see if the promised warm up next week will happen.

millerak49
Explorer
Explorer
washed the outside front to back and winterized the water system.

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
Today I changed the anode on the water heater. About fifteen minute job.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

teebee1
Explorer
Explorer
shined the wheel covers and started cleaning and repacking each storage bay.
teebee1
2007 Four Winds Hurricane 34B
2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser turbo, convertible
retired and irresponsible

restorodder
Explorer
Explorer
Today I got up on the roof for the first time ever,to install MAX-AIR vent covers. Not easy with an artificial knee. Vent covers did not go on as the instructions indicated,(4 extra trips up the ladder). The machine screws to attach the brackets to the vent would not work.I had to use self tapping sheet metal screws instead. DW was mad that I got up on the roof,I waited untill she was gone.
2008 Newmar Canyon Star - 2007 Dodge Dakota Toad - Ready Brute tow bar & brake system - one cat - Sassy 14

Ken451
Explorer
Explorer
Cleaning ours up in preparation for trading it in on Monday.
2012 Keystone Cougar 327RES 5th wheel
2006 Sundowner horse trailer with living quarters
Chevy C3500 tow vehicle

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad
We had some stuff in the house that belong to L'Andante, until we got the house stuff. Today we returned some of the stuff to L'Andante.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

SpursMVP
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced the OEM Monroe shocks with Bilsteins.

Also changed the rear differential fluid....should be good for a few more years.
2001 HR Endeavor
330 HP Cummins ISC
2006 Jeep Wrangler