cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

tcobb
Explorer
Explorer
I am putting my Itasca away for the winter already. Put antifreeze in the water system plumbing, vacuumed floors, cleaned bathroom,cleaned out all liquids in the cupboards and brought into the house until next season. Nada nada nada. It's a sad task every year. I think I'll become a full timer and move south.

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
s & s wrote:
Changed the oil and lubed the chassis. Tomorrow put some pink stuff in the drains and W/D and all will be good for the cold weather. Drained all the water lines back in Sept. Oh yeah, must remember to take the batteries out of the smoke detectors and TV controllers.

I don't know why you'd want to take the batteries out of the smoke detectors or any of the warning devices. Several years ago we had a fire in the trailer when the wires to the inverter melted,bad inverter,and fell on the floor under the sink behind a panel. They fell into the melted metal and didn't kick off the breaker. When the smoke got bad enuff,the detector went off and my stepson heard it and told us.The trailer is parked 100 feet behind the house and he is special needs and has exceptional hearing and we didn't hear it at all.I went up and heard it and called the fire dept and they took care of it.Got a ton of money from the insurance co to clean it and repair the panel and replace the inverter and all the associated wiring..
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

The_Beave
Explorer
Explorer
Here in Texas we are just getting around to prep the rig, hopefully we can get some fall and winter trips in. Today

I took the rig in and had the air suspension air pump governor replaced ($85). We now have between 110 & 120 lb air pressure rather than 80 - 90 lb.
The Beave
30' 1997 Beaver Monterey
(The shortest DP we could find)
2005 Honda CR-V
Remco surge brake

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
We have been loading our coach for my annual hunting trip to Monticello, Utah. I will play some golf there before the season starts. They have one of the nicest golf coarses you will ever see on a small town.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
badge2283 wrote:
Put a heavy coat of wax on the front cap, it's love bug season in Fla. Finished packing every thing we will need for our trip. Picked up the 2 yr old grandson, and his gear and clothes. He doesn't totally understand what and where but he's always ready to go. He tells every one it's his motor mome. Hope to make it just north of Fayetteville, NC tomorrow evening. So last week was busy doing the small things getting ready to leave.

Love bug season in Florida is in the spring around April and May. The bugs were so bad I couldn't see out of the windhield on highway 27.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

UltraKen
Explorer
Explorer
Cleaned up all the tools strewn around from installing a new rear camera and 7" monitor.

For those interested, I did a photo-writeup of the whole job.

Follow this link and scroll down to "Replacing the rear.pdf"

Click here

At $92 this is a heck of good system.
UltraKen
Ex - 1968 Ultra Van
NOW - 1996 Safari Sahara 35' - Model 3530 - Cat 300
Pictures of my Coach
A $93 Rear Camera System
My take on replacing tires
Used MH Checklist
Toad: Dodge Grand Caravan on Tow Dolly or 1981 Vespa on utility trailer

Snomas
Explorer
Explorer
Fixed a leak in the driver side window!
2006 WINNEBAGO ASPECT 29H Ford E450 Super Duty
2018 F150 Lariat Crew Cab, Coyote 5.0 L RWD

s_N_s
Explorer
Explorer
Changed the oil and lubed the chassis. Tomorrow put some pink stuff in the drains and W/D and all will be good for the cold weather. Drained all the water lines back in Sept. Oh yeah, must remember to take the batteries out of the smoke detectors and TV controllers.
Steve & Sally
Hudson (Our Little Pom)
HiTee, Houston & Heidi (Forever In Our Hearts and Never Forgotten)
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22
05 pt Cruiser Vert 5 speed
Demco baseplate with Commander Tow Bar

"Never try to outsmart your common sense"

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Buffed the roof from the wax job 2 days ago. Now looking for the Advil.
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

MrWizard
Drilling holes pulling wire
I mounted a Blue Sky mppt Solar controller and put in 4ga wire from controller to the batteries, 8ga wire from the rooftop panels to the controller
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
Well got the front 19",45# Samsung replaced with a 22" 15# flat screen. Not too bad of a job once I got it planned out in my head and then found that several things I wanted to do didn't want to work,but it's in.Those things are tuff buggers.When I was hooking the cables up,it slipped off the dash,fell on the floor and slid down the stairs and wound up on the gravel pad..OOPPss !!!Guess what? It still works..Tomorrow,it's out and over to the mall to see if it works with the dish.
Was going to fuel it tomorrow too till I saw the price of diesel has jumped and it's over $3.40 here in Bummertown.I'm only down 1/4 tank and we'll be heading for Vegas early next month.
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

badge2283
Explorer
Explorer
Put a heavy coat of wax on the front cap, it's love bug season in Fla. Finished packing every thing we will need for our trip. Picked up the 2 yr old grandson, and his gear and clothes. He doesn't totally understand what and where but he's always ready to go. He tells every one it's his motor mome. Hope to make it just north of Fayetteville, NC tomorrow evening. So last week was busy doing the small things getting ready to leave.

rodandlaurie
Explorer
Explorer
We finished winterizing our first and "new to us" class A~ more work than our class C because of some extra items to be careful of. Hate doing this, we want to go somewhere in the worst way and the weather is still nice, but harves has us staying around. Can't wait to go south for a couple of months this winter! Just dreaming right now.
Hubby and Me
Kasper, our Schnauzer Kid
2006 Itasca Meridian DP
Jeep Wrangler Toad - Husker Red

dogsloveit2
Explorer
Explorer
This past Thursday I changed the oil in the 8.1 and the generator, lubed the chassis and drive shaft u joints. I also checked the rear diff fluid and topped it off. Today I washed the MH and scrubbed the tires with Westley's Bleche-Wite.
Unfortunately its almost time to winterize and put it away.
Bob

2007 Fleetwood Terra LX 32K
W20 Workhorse 8.1/Allison

chili_s_trip
Explorer II
Explorer II
GrandpaLarry777 wrote:
I'm sure that many will find this a simple question, but I have never heard where I can get the US map that shows to what states one has traveled.

Also, how do you add it to your signature line.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.epgsoft.com/VisitedStatesMap/
Profile page
2005 Fleetwood Bounder 32W 8.1.
2009 Honda Fit Sport