cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

Hank_MI
Explorer
Explorer
Picked it up from the Cummins dealer, new generator installed.

EDIT: Replaced 2 of the 4 rear sway bar bushings. Got a late start and it started getting dark. Should be able to get the other 2 replaced tomorrow.

deaton60
Explorer
Explorer
Took it to my diesel tech for the oil change, grease, filters changed, etc. It's time.

zmotorsports
Explorer
Explorer
Caemlyn wrote:
Changed the genset oil, filters (oil, fuel and air) and coolant this afternoon.

I just noticed that you are a new memeber. Welcome to the forum. Mike.
2003 Monaco Dynasty/ 26' Haulmark Edge trailer
2011 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon

RVRODDER
Explorer
Explorer
Resealed the access door to my suburben furnace.
Gulfstream Sunvoyager Cummins 5.9BT DP.

Caemlyn
Explorer
Explorer
Changed the genset oil, filters (oil, fuel and air) and coolant this afternoon.
Tom and the Caemlyn Great Dane Crew:
Apollo, Ares, Bunny and Cristal

zmotorsports
Explorer
Explorer
I just came in from the shop after changing the fluid and filters in our Allison transmission, greased the driveshaft and serviced the Aqua-Hot.

Tomorrow I have to take it for the emissions test and pay taxes and licensing and then it is ready for another season. Mike.

Flyawes
Explorer
Explorer
I had a windshield sunscreen installed. What a difference it makes. Much less radiant heat through the windshield.
Marc & Linda
Buddy & Phoebe (pomeranians)
2002 Holiday Rambler Navigator 45' DCDS
2012 GMC Sierra
2002 Harley-Davidson Road King

baker_barnes
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2004 Winnebago Adventurer 35U hand washed and hand waxed at our local drive thru car wash for $100.
The B's - Charlie & Nancy
Disabled Vietnam Veteran-Army
Retired
2003 Subaru Baja w/Brake Buddy
1965 Ford Galaxie 500 Convertible
Cricket ESV
Mighty Hauler/Jazzy
Winegard Little Trav'ler SK3005
Service Dog (rescued Kelpie)"Tommie Sue"
FMCA: F371211

tncroadrunner
Explorer
Explorer
Re-packed the sheets & clothes that stay onboard, freshly cleaned from our recent trip.

Measuring windows to replace those blasted roll-up blinds that never work quite right that drive me CRAZY! I WILL have this situation remedied before our cross country trip! (this gives me just under 4 months to measure, choose fabric & make the new window coverings...) After I get the door & bedroom windows finished, I may just tackle a new one for the windshield!!
We've been to & through many states, but not with the MH...Watch for Road Trip 2011!!

Hank_MI
Explorer
Explorer
Drove it to Cummins Bridgeway to have them check out the generator.

decan9
Explorer
Explorer
lubricated the cliper slides on two front tires...will do the others one of these days!
Bonnie and me and Casey makes three!
Staying warm in Southern California
FMCA #402157
W9NCR

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
zmotorsports wrote:
Saturday morning I serviced my BIL/SIL's motorhome that they bought new to them last season (2001 Winn. Brave 33'). I changed the oil in their engine, checked their batteries, serviced their generator (oil/filter, air filter, fuel filter), checked voltage/frequency of the output and greased the chassis.

After pulling theirs out of the back yard, I backed ours up to the shop door and serviced our engine, changed filters (oil/fuel), drained the hydraulic system and replaced hydraulic oil and filter. I greased the chassis and replaced all 10 shocks with my new Koni FSD shocks.

I had to replace a section of wiring that went to my right rear docking light because someone decided to run the wiring BETWEEN the upper shock mount and the frame during construction. It hadn't shorted YET but it didn't look like it was far from it. While I was working on the outside/underneathe the wife was cleaning the interior and oiling the cabinets.

Tomorrow night I am going the service the transmission and replace the filter on the Aqua-Hot then the old girl is ready to head out for our trip to Grand Canyon/Monument Valley next month. I am going to try to get out for a weekend at the end of the month. I am itching pretty bad to get behind the wheel. Mike.

Can we bring ours around at the end of March, early April? :B

Clieb
Explorer
Explorer
With record sub zero weather and my refusal to run winterized I have had some projects here are a few I have been working on this weekend.

Re routed Toilet lines due to broken ball valve and no replacement available. Will put them back when I get the Thetford valve but meanwhile I have a 1/2" ball valve mounted to the wall (velcro) beside the toilet for manual operation.

Removed Accumulator Tank as it was positioned badly in uninsulated bottom water compartment and was prone to freezing. Re ran all Fresh water lines to get them out of bottom compartment and up in higher compartment where it is warmer. Water seems to run fine without accumulator, no line hammer at all. Will get a new pump soon.

Added 120v recepticle to water compartment with a thermo outlet to turn on power to a light bulb or ceramic heater when temp gets to 35 deg. Also have a heat tape on pump and most lines as backup.

Insulated bottom water compartment.

Replaced broken cargo door hinge.

Replaced most light bulbs inside coach with LED.
An RV'r is someone driving a $300,000.00 Motorhome pulling a $40,000.00 car and looking for a free place to park.
2002 Itasca Horizon 36'
2009 Buick Enclave

zmotorsports
Explorer
Explorer
Saturday morning I serviced my BIL/SIL's motorhome that they bought new to them last season (2001 Winn. Brave 33'). I changed the oil in their engine, checked their batteries, serviced their generator (oil/filter, air filter, fuel filter), checked voltage/frequency of the output and greased the chassis.

After pulling theirs out of the back yard, I backed ours up to the shop door and serviced our engine, changed filters (oil/fuel), drained the hydraulic system and replaced hydraulic oil and filter. I greased the chassis and replaced all 10 shocks with my new Koni FSD shocks.

I had to replace a section of wiring that went to my right rear docking light because someone decided to run the wiring BETWEEN the upper shock mount and the frame during construction. It hadn't shorted YET but it didn't look like it was far from it. While I was working on the outside/underneathe the wife was cleaning the interior and oiling the cabinets.

Tomorrow night I am going the service the transmission and replace the filter on the Aqua-Hot then the old girl is ready to head out for our trip to Grand Canyon/Monument Valley next month. I am going to try to get out for a weekend at the end of the month. I am itching pretty bad to get behind the wheel. Mike.

RVRODDER
Explorer
Explorer
Treated the leather to some leather cream.
Gulfstream Sunvoyager Cummins 5.9BT DP.