cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

artjacobs
Explorer
Explorer
Drove to San Angelo Tx, Took bicycle ride around city park on Concho river, Cooked outside for dinner & wasted the rest of the day. 96 degrees this afternoon, 65 tonight. I don't know how much more of this I can take.

koda55
Explorer
Explorer
Returned from Universal studios with the grandkids. Unpacked rv. Need to wash and clean tomorrow and then figure out where our next excursion will be.

divapop12
Explorer
Explorer
Housebound with a new class A...........Jan 9 a severe front at 3 in the morning dropped a bunch of marble sized hail resulting in 25 m $ of roof, vinyl siding and windows. New class A was sheltered by 3 large palms.
Insurance adjuster, insurance company, contractor start all seemed to move along. Then...
Windows had a 45 day delivery. With every roof in a ten mile radius getting redone, The contractor has insufficient labor and the four day field work is now into its fourteenth day. This is the time to help your contractor as much as you can including buying lunch and serving on site. I think they will finish Thursday....
After not taking several planned escapes, we are now starting to inventory the MH to support a trip to New Orleans next weekend. It will be the first time I pull a toad and have checked out towing equipment by pulling it 10 miles around the county. Remembering to clear the road by pulling far enough off rates right up there with watching head clearance from random trees and wires

her_I
Explorer
Explorer
Moved a lot of our stuff into the motel room where we will be staying, because of the snow and cold, until we move to the KOA campground on the first of May.

badge2283
Explorer
Explorer
I bought it! Bought a 2002 Dutch Starr. Will pick it up on the 13th, on the road the 14th. Can't wait. From a class A to 5th wheel, couldn't wait to get back to a class A.

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Hudsoner wrote:
SRT wrote:
Been thinking that pretty soon we can prepare the motor home for the camping season. Yesterday it was 50ยฐF and sunny in the morning. This morning it is 32ยฐF and 3" of snow so far with more coming down at this moment. Getting "stir crazy!"

It's supposed to get warmer towards the end of next week. I will de-weinterize my unit around the middle of April.

I think I'll wait until the end of April. Snow is supposed start tonight through tomorrow. We'll be on the south side of 4-8" of the white stuff. Still getting stir crazy. If the motor home garage was heated I would work on preparing it for the camping season. Up here we have 6 months of winter and 6 months of road construction.

ctpres
Explorer
Explorer
Installed LED light strip on side under awning.
A "Retired" Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste
Chuck USNR, USAF & USCGA and Suzie
Challenger Owners Club

2015 Thor Challenger 37KT
2014 Ford Fiesta
2011 Sea Eagle 385 FT kayak
2009 Polaris RZR
2014 Zenetto Stealth road bike

Hudsoner
Explorer
Explorer
SRT wrote:
Been thinking that pretty soon we can prepare the motor home for the camping season. Yesterday it was 50ยฐF and sunny in the morning. This morning it is 32ยฐF and 3" of snow so far with more coming down at this moment. Getting "stir crazy!"

It's supposed to get warmer towards the end of next week. I will de-weinterize my unit around the middle of April.

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
Now we know while we meet so many people from MN in Zihuatanejo, Mexico!

SRT
Explorer
Explorer

JohnandCara2
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced the water inlet /pressure valve. One step closer to taking another trip!!! Oh yeah !!!

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
Went out to check the condition of the awnings and when I opened the one over the door,the end pulled right off,so I'll have to do that repair next week.
Made an appointment to take it to the shop to get the gennie repaired...Again...They replaced the starter motor as it was hanging up on the flywheel,$950..Ran it a couple of times last month and it worked fine.Went camping the day before the Tsunami and went to start it and it didn't start..Same thing,turns over slowly for a few seconds and then stops,now it's just clicking.
Had to replace the shock on the front door as the little nipple where the shock fastens,broke off.Pulled the rubber on the bottom step and found there was water under it and the wood,luan veneer,was all coming apart,so I pulled that and the carpet and am going to put in either tile or wood flooring in the entry stepwell... I think the water is coming in around the front of the door and so am replacing all the rubber and foam insulation.
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
The boys from the body shop arrived this morning and by 6:30 this evening had the broken FG repaired, the lower part of the front cap and several other scratched locations sanded, filled and primered. Tomorrow sanding and and the final coats. Amazing what quality of work they can do in the open air!

Go_Dawgs1
Explorer
Explorer
I finished the new vinyl trim all around the MH today. Started on the roof. In the process of taking all the old sealant off and will put down the new this coming week. Luckly I have a big enough garage to sit it in with all the rain in the NW. After that will be install some new vent covers and hopefully taking it to the mechanic to look at the brakes and have a tune up done. The DW is finishing the enterior and beginning to redo the drapes and valances(sp). It is nice to have this week and next week off from work to complete everything before camping season.
2004 Ford F350 Lariat 4x4 Dually
2017 Grand Design Reflection 303 RLS

roya51
Explorer
Explorer
Fixing the rt side passenger wall.Replacing the wood underneath.Should have it done in a few weeks.
1998 Winnebago Brave