cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

Go_Dawgs1
Explorer
Explorer
See my post under (Had to have her towed) it was a long afternoon.
2004 Ford F350 Lariat 4x4 Dually
2017 Grand Design Reflection 303 RLS

tncroadrunner
Explorer
Explorer
Cleaning after last week's trip with 7-15 people. We had two campsites, but the MH was "camp central." Emptied out the fridge for defrosting. About ready to start the countdown 'til departure for our cross country trip...now under 2 months!
We've been to & through many states, but not with the MH...Watch for Road Trip 2011!!

badge2283
Explorer
Explorer
Got back from our first campout in the new to us MH. It was great. I don't miss the 5er. It ran great, and was the most comfortable of the 5 class A MHs that we have owned.
Put a weather station in, and bought a new LCD TV to replace the old CRT in the bedroom. I already have one for the front. We leave again in a week and a half, won't have time to change out the two TVs.

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
bigred1cav wrote:
timmac wrote:
Just finished my waxing project, 3 coats of Red Max Pro on sides and back, 4 coats on front, even coated the black mirrors and window trims, my rv now looks like the day is was new or maybe better.

My neighbor watched me all day now he wants me to help him with his Alfa FW..
(he better get a lot of beer)

Do you need a scaffold to apply wax? Does wax apply with long handle mop? Help please. Also, how do you dioxide the upper portion of coach?

Thanks

You only need a step ladder, but be ready to climb up and down a lot, only my front had some oxidation, I used a buffer with oxidation removal on front part, the rest I just washed down 3 times to remove all drit, streaks and wax, than applied Red Max Pro with a ultra soft lint free cloth, must wet cloth than rig out and apply wax to rag, (do not apply wax to rv, only apply to damp rag), wipe on with even strokes, its that easy and the results are Great..

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
TexRex wrote:
Use Bar Keepers Friend to go over the coach as needed to remove that oxidation. I would not try using a mop. That may go on to thick and it will dry that way. This is just wiped on with an old diaper or t-shirt, it is not wiped off. It is a floor care finish. Remember to get Red Max Pro Floor Finish, it is #3 of the four Red Max Floor System. Good Luck bigred1cav!!

Thank you, Tex

TexRex
Explorer
Explorer
Use Bar Keepers Friend to go over the coach as needed to remove that oxidation. I would not try using a mop. That may go on to thick and it will dry that way. This is just wiped on with an old diaper or t-shirt, it is not wiped off. It is a floor care finish. Remember to get Red Max Pro Floor Finish, it is #3 of the four Red Max Floor System. Good Luck bigred1cav!!
Thom
97 Rexhall Vision
Pride of the Fleet

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
timmac wrote:
Just finished my waxing project, 3 coats of Red Max Pro on sides and back, 4 coats on front, even coated the black mirrors and window trims, my rv now looks like the day is was new or maybe better.

Do you need a scaffold to apply wax? Does wax apply with long handle mop? Help please. Also, how do you dioxide the upper portion of coach?

Thanks

her_I
Explorer
Explorer
Drove by the MH, that is sitting in a storage lot, and apologized to her for bringing her back into this snow that fell overnight.

timmac
Explorer
Explorer

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
Carried on with unloading a few things at a time. Lots to do after our 10 month round North America trip and Mexican Winter.

Next week into the shop for sundry servicing.

iamcanuck45
Explorer
Explorer
Gave the old girl a hug, and promised to give her the Red Max treatment as soon as the weather warms up.
'92 Newmar Kountry Aire, 37'.
Andrรฉ and Elizabeth.
First mate: MacDuff (Welsh terrier)
Asst' first mate: Allie (wire-haired fox terrier) rescued

mikeintn
Explorer
Explorer
TexRex wrote:
I tried that Bar Keepers Cleaner and Red Max Pro on a small part of the front of the rig. My Class A is a 1997 and has never spent much time under cover. I can not explain to you how great that looks. From a dull off white finish to what looks to be a brand new gel coat. Wow, have I got a lot of work to do!. Many thanks to who ever recently brought that up, darn what a difference!

Glad to hear this!:) Mine is a 98 and while I have bought the cleaner and red max haven't got to try it yet, can't wait!
Mike, Cindy, Chris and Spunky the Cocker Spaniel & Naro the cat
2002 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 38 PST
Cummings 330
Onan 7500 Watt Generator
Master Tow 80THD tow dolly
2009 Mini Cooper S Toad

busyguy
Explorer
Explorer
Not thing on the motor home but, I did put a new Remco pump on my PT cruiser. The old one started leaking and was slow to stat pumping. I can't believe it went bad as it was only 10 years old and was only used for about50,000 miles. Seems nothing lasts anymore. Just kidding. Think I got real good service from it.
Busyguy

randallb
Explorer
Explorer
We started loading for the 4/22/11 departure. Can't wait to get to Cindy's the evening of the 22nd for catfish, white beans and broccoli.
Randy

blackf3504dr
Explorer
Explorer
Weather here in Central Florida is great ! We were 88 today with lots of sun. Repaired the ladder on the motor home and got the left brake light to work.
Mom , Dad , Scooter & K.C ( killer cat )
'96 F350 4dr. Dually, 7.3 5sp.
'92 Holiday Rambler 34'
REAL TRUCKS DON'T HAVE SPARKPLUGS !