cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

DaveandGwen
Explorer
Explorer
Opened the moho up today, getting ready for a short trip to Emma Wood State Beach. Back in March, we took out the Panasonic CRT tv that took a dump, and replaced it with a nice Samsung 24" LCD. That led to replacing the Panasonic surround sound tuner / DVD player with a new Yamaha rx with a million HDMI outputs. That led to putting in a new DVD player. The final PITA was that the Panasonic subwoofer didnt work anymore because the power came from the reciever and the Yamaha doesnt power a sub....so it was off to get a Sony 100w sub. Whew..it all works very well, though.
Dave and Gwen
2004 Southwind 32vs "Diamond Edition"
2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon toad

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
mfinnerty wrote:
Climbed up to the roof and down about 10 times in 90 degree heat to disassemble and reassemble the TV antenna crank screw drive. Had to do that to gain access to a 15/16 nut that had to be tightened to get rid of the antenna wobble when raised. Should have waited for my DW to be home to help.

Here's the tool that let's you tighten or loosen the 15/16 nut by just removing the inside crank and directional knob.

TT1000 Antenna Tool
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Macrosill
Explorer
Explorer
Picked up the coach from the local repair place, NYS Inspection.

1st coat of paint in the bathroom.
Thanks,
Brian

TT = 2018 Wildwood 31KQBTS
TV = 2006 Ford F-350 CC DRW 6.0

FocalPoint
Explorer
Explorer
I removed the old analogue TV from the front of the motorhome. I will be installing a wall mounted bracket inside the box where the old tv was. The new tv is a 22" Samsung LED. I should have it completed tomorrow.
2000 Harney Coach Works DP. 3126B Cat Toad 2010Honda CRV

sharbra
Explorer
Explorer
Not today, but in January, 2011, we removed the Norcold and installed a Samsung French Door. Works like a charm. Wish we had done it sooner.

mikeintn
Explorer
Explorer
Change fuel filter (last owner put wrong one on, to little and VERY hard to get off) finally got alternator belt tight enough, been trying for some time to do that! Went and bought Tow Master tow dolly ๐Ÿ™‚
Mike, Cindy, Chris and Spunky the Cocker Spaniel & Naro the cat
2002 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 38 PST
Cummings 330
Onan 7500 Watt Generator
Master Tow 80THD tow dolly
2009 Mini Cooper S Toad

mfinnerty
Explorer
Explorer
Climbed up to the roof and down about 10 times in 90 degree heat to disassemble and reassemble the TV antenna crank screw drive. Had to do that to gain access to a 15/16 nut that had to be tightened to get rid of the antenna wobble when raised. Should have waited for my DW to be home to help.
Mike & Linda Finnerty with Finn & Rosco (Golden mix brothers)

dicnic
Explorer
Explorer
Today I opened all the awnings to check them for wasp nests, rips, tears, general condition etc. prior to our cross country trip. Discovered that the main awning right arm was coming loose from the body of the MoHo. I located some larger lag bolts and replaced the old rusty ones. Good thing I discovered the situation before the whole awning came off as I drove down the road. All other awnings appear to be OK, even the over the slide out ones. They are getting old, however.
Sold our 2001 National Tradewinds, might buy a new on someday.

One Bald-Headed Old Guy (me)
One Jewish-American Princess (DW)
Two Birman Cats, Mocha & Coco

I speak three languages: English, Sarcasm & Profanity

sundancer268
Explorer
Explorer
Mule Skinner wrote:
Sundancer 268, I removed the toilet platform completely and installed a rv toilet of the proper height. They are not that expensive, much nicer without the box.

I would love to do that also, the only problem is that Gulf Stream did not mount the toilet directly over the black water tank. Coming out of the closet flange I immediatly go to a 22.5 degree elbo to about 3' of pipe to another elbo and from there into the tank. I have to use the box but it will be more solid than the factory installed.
I still can not get the tub moved enough to cut out the old carpet. I will go to the hardware tonight and see what kind of utility knife I can find that might work better than my current knife.
U. S. Navy (RETIRED) 1993
1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' Diesel Pusher Cummins B5.9 12 Valve Engine, Allison MD-3060 6 Speed Transmission.
TOAD: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Road Master Sterling All-Terrain, Airforce One

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
FocalPoint wrote:
Removed and soaked my shower head in Lime-A-Way and now it works like new. Easy job.

Vinegar (esp pickling vinegar) works just as well and is much cheaper!

Mule_Skinner
Explorer
Explorer
Sundancer 268, I removed the toilet platform completely and installed a rv toilet of the proper height. They are not that expensive, much nicer without the box.
Gerry Lori and the 2003 Damon Intruder
MSgt USAF Ret. 1985:B
1988 Goldwing with 2005 Champion Trike Conversion
:C

RVRODDER
Explorer
Explorer
more scraping off of old underseal and repainting with rustproofing paint.Fitted all new brackets and strengtheners to allow me to tow off my back box.
Gulfstream Sunvoyager Cummins 5.9BT DP.

sundancer268
Explorer
Explorer
I have the bathroom totally gutted and will be repairing the bath tub drain line with fernco fittings. These are rubber and will have the necessary flex to hopefully prevent future breakage. I am trying to get under the tub to remove the carpet and install a HEPVO waterless trap for the tub. I will try installing this in the area under the vanity. I will be replacing all the carpeting with sheet vinyl and rebuilding the toilet platform. The toilet was not well supported by the rotted 1/2" plywood. I will make the new platform out of 3/4" plywood and epoxy coat it for protection and support it better than screws into the 1/8" wall panels.
U. S. Navy (RETIRED) 1993
1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' Diesel Pusher Cummins B5.9 12 Valve Engine, Allison MD-3060 6 Speed Transmission.
TOAD: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Road Master Sterling All-Terrain, Airforce One

kokois1
Explorer
Explorer
Packing it up to leave tomorrow for the 4th weekend in Gulf Shores, Alabama.
Steve and LuAnne
2010 Fleetwood Bounder Classic 33U
Ford V10 Power Platform
Golden Retriever: KoKo

FocalPoint
Explorer
Explorer
Removed and soaked my shower head in Lime-A-Way and now it works like new. Easy job.
2000 Harney Coach Works DP. 3126B Cat Toad 2010Honda CRV