cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

mustang652
Explorer
Explorer
Added some extentions valves to the rear outside duals so that I can more easily check and add to the pressure
Stan, Shirley & 2 Schnauzers
RV: 2014 Itasca Sunstar 35F
USAF Retired, Life Member: VSPA, VVA, DVA,VFW

catallison777
Explorer
Explorer
Washed the coach. Then Changed the oil on the generator and got everything packed up to head to Bristol, TN tomorrow morning.
2003 Damon Ultrasport 3873
Onan Quietdiesel 7500
Caterpillar 3126E:B
Allison Transmission 3000
Honda EU2000i
1992 Jeep Wrangler(Towed 4 Down)

Gotago2
Explorer
Explorer
Changed the oil and filter on my Coachmen Mirada (F-53.) What a chore. First the drain plug was right over the front axle so had to balance the oil catch pan while I pulled the plug and as it was draining and again as I remove the filter. Yep, spilled some here and there but it cleans up. Then the biggest challenge was refilling the oil. What a job that was. I have to think of something better next time. I purchased a 5 qt. container of oil but had to pour it into a one qt container to get to the fill hole one qt at a time. You have to be a contortionist to not only see but get the oil to the hole.
Norm
2011 Itasca Sunstar 35F (35')Ford V-10, pulling 2011 Honda CRV

sundancer268
Explorer
Explorer
Cleaned the terminals on the battery cross connect relay and found another frame ground to remove clean and reassemble. Connected the new alternator regulator harness plug to the to the factory wires, now I need a foot or so of split loom to finish that project. Broke the screws off for the starter solenoid so I now have to remove the whole starter just to clean the corrosion from those battery cables. Wouldn't you know it, Cummins used a Metric bolt to hold the starter on that requires a 12 point 10mm socket and I do not have one. I will pick one up tomorrow along with new starter solenoid bolts and split loom. I then can finish cleaning all of my battery cable connections.
U. S. Navy (RETIRED) 1993
1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' Diesel Pusher Cummins B5.9 12 Valve Engine, Allison MD-3060 6 Speed Transmission.
TOAD: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Road Master Sterling All-Terrain, Airforce One

kcstepp1992
Explorer
Explorer
Painted the air filter cover. Painted another coating on walls and cabinets. took out blinds in the bedroom. Took off bathroom door. Took off from bumper. DS started removing caulk from the roof. He filled up a walmart bag full of excessive caulking...

dennis45
Explorer
Explorer
Well, today I was going to change the air filter on my 03 Dutchstar/ 350 HP Cummins and as I was looking around, found the Exhaust Brake was hanging by a thread, big gaping holes at either end of the butterfly valve. The pipe on the outlet side of the valve had rotted away and the clamp was just hanging. Also found a crack in the manifold. Really brightened my day I gotta tell ya.
So, rather than start a major repair job in an RV Park in Texas, I went to the local parts store and bought some shim stock, heavy duty clamps and some muffler wrap. Cut the shim stock into 3" strips and wraped it around the gaping hole on the outlet side of the valve and wraped the muffler wrap around the outside of that and put 3 HD clamps over the whole thing. Counting on my repair to get me back to Alberta where I can get serious and replace most of the exhaust system. Looking forward to that. GRIN!!!!!!!!!!!
Dennis & Carol
2003 Dutchstar 40' 3 Slides, 8.3L ISC W/banks Kit 465HP,
Spartan Chassis
2013 Honda CRV Toad

revump
Explorer
Explorer
Filled with fuel and propane and relaxing in Santa Maria, CA
Bob

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
It's back !!!!!:B :B
Picked it up from the shop with it's brand new roof,all new wall in the driver's compt,drivers side window resealed and new burner parts in the furnace.
Now I'm going thru it to see what I haven't used in the last year and taking it out as we're getting ready for the San Diego trip the last of the month. DW is already trying on summer clothes,but I'm afraid I beat her and my shorts and polo shirts are already in the MH...
Discovered the back-up camera isn't working when I picked it up and it was when I took it in,so the shop said to get it checked by the local mobile radio guy and they'll take care of it if they caused it.
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

ljhl
Explorer
Explorer
Just recieved the coffee table that I ordered from Focal Wood Products in Nappanee,IN. Mine's finished in Glazed Maple just like my MH interior and the table is GREAT!!

www.focalwood.com/Carlyle%20Photos/Table%20in%20bag.jpg
2007 Dutch Star 4023
Subaru Forester Toad
A mutt named Arvee

jassrnj
Explorer
Explorer
Got to drive the MH for the first time after having the shocks installed, rear sway bar bushings replaced, and front alignment. Made a BIG difference. It actually stays between the lines now. Its going into the shop to have the rear camara installed in two weeks and then should be ready to hit the road.

kcstepp1992
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday me the DW and the DS scrubbed off the gunk from the old striping we had to remove. Also put another coat of paint on a couple set of cabinets and prepped more for painting. Painted the ceiling and wall in the bedroom and hallway.

Took off the trim around the skylight and the bedroom fan and cleaned and painted those as well. Warm weather means more painting today......ill be happy to get to the flooring haha.

fourmat
Explorer
Explorer
Woke it up from winter nap uncovered cleaned and loaded for first trip this Easter
2009 Challenger

kokois1
Explorer
Explorer
Loaded up the MH and drove to Lake Pines RV Campground in Midland, GA where we will stay for three weeks then off to Virginia, D.C. and back down through the mountains.
Steve and LuAnne
2010 Fleetwood Bounder Classic 33U
Ford V10 Power Platform
Golden Retriever: KoKo

The_Beave
Explorer
Explorer
Half way through the prep to do the Red Max #3 thing. At the rate I'm going the side I finished will have oxidized and I'll need to do it over again.

After having what I thought was a rear air conditioner gasket leak and cleaning the ceiling twice, I found it was the shower skylight which was cracked around the forward screws. Thank goodness for elastomeric tape, i'm now leak free!
The Beave
30' 1997 Beaver Monterey
(The shortest DP we could find)
2005 Honda CR-V
Remco surge brake

Tom_Anderson
Explorer
Explorer
Installed a front receiver hitch and flip-down license plate bracket so I can use a bike rack in the front.