cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

zmotorsports
Explorer
Explorer
On the way home last weekend from West Yellowstone I noticed that the curbside slide was creeping out slightly. I stopped a couple of times to retract it back in. I troubleshot it Tuesday night and found that I had an extend solenoid leaking internally. I pulled the solenoid valve apart on the bench thinking I could merely replace some internal O-rings but the leakage I believe was coming from the needle/seat area of the valve.

HWH is a freakin' joke to deal with. I tried calling them five seperate times between Tuesday and Wednesday and they will not let you talk to a parts person, they make you leave a telephone number so they can call you back, and they are not exactly polite about it either. I do not work near a telephone all day long as many times I am working out in a large warehouse and away from a phone. Yep, each and every time they called back was when I was out of the shop. Needless to say their customer service SUCKS!

Anyway, I ended up calling Monaco to see if maybe by some slim chance they would have the solenoids. I was half expecting them to say no and that I would have to call HWH, but they had them in stock. I ordered two of them and they were on my doorstep last night. It took me about 45 minutes to swap out the two for the curbside slide with the new ones and all is good again.

I would like to say HWH can kiss my a$$ but their parts are unique to their systems so a person can't even buy them aftermarket. I ended up buying them from Monaco (I am sure I paid a few dollars more as well) but then Monaco will have to replenish their inventory from HWH so in the end HWH has the last laugh.

This is a perfect example of how I wish a company would have some negative sales figures due to their piss poor customer service but when you have that many parts that are proprietary, there is not much the average person can do. If we ran our company with that kind of customer service, we would be out of business.

Mike.
2003 Monaco Dynasty/ 26' Haulmark Edge trailer
2011 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon

sundancer268
Explorer
Explorer
Yellowboat. wrote:
We blew a tire. We arrived home from a three week trip though Canada and parked in front of our house. About ten minutes after we parked the drivers side inside rear dual tire blew. We were walking out of the house to back our motorhome into our driveway.

That is the best place to blow unless you are already at the tire dealer. Glad you had a safe trip and welcome back to the real world.:)
U. S. Navy (RETIRED) 1993
1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' Diesel Pusher Cummins B5.9 12 Valve Engine, Allison MD-3060 6 Speed Transmission.
TOAD: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Road Master Sterling All-Terrain, Airforce One

Yellowboat_
Explorer
Explorer
We blew a tire. We arrived home from a three week trip though Canada and parked in front of our house. About ten minutes after we parked the drivers side inside rear dual tire blew. We were walking out of the house to back our motorhome into our driveway.
2016 Winnebago Sightseer 33C on a 2016 Ford F53 Chassis
2009 Saturn VUE
Buddy our Bichon Frise
JD & Kathy

Scott___Jill
Explorer
Explorer
Vanderee wrote:
toomoxy wrote:
Went on my second camping trip...

found out my Generator will run but is not powering anything.
ARGH....
Thank goodness the fairgrounds had 15amp hook up...
but sucks no AC and was so hot and humid.

I had a small engine repair shop check generator and they confirmed that my "General" 5500 generator is not powering anything even though is running and is a closed unit wtih belt that is difficult to repair if even possible or worth it (so piece of crap).

I'm so fed up... This was my dream for over 20 years, of purchasing an RV for dog shows.

But my fellow dog show campers assured me that "this soon shall pass" and once I get it all working and figure it all out, that i will have many years of happy camping.

I have been looking at
the new onan RV QG 7000 to ensure I can run both AC's at same time
(one for dogs in the garage area) and one for me all night and during transport to sites. Figuring buy the best and hope I will be problem free for longer.

Cheapest one is $4,422.00 and thankfully salesperson told me I would also need harness assembly at $130.00 and exhaust acc at $120.00
free shipping and tax free... cheapest I have found yet.
Hoping to find someone to install for decent price and properly.

Dealerships sure range in hourly rates from $90.00-$180.00!

Installed my new led bulbs from China that someone on here recommended.
they were so dim at home.... however once I plugged in at the fairground they were PERFECT...

They still get warm though (not as hot for sure) and the ones I put over the sink were angled down a bit...never thought about it until I noticed smoke coming from it and realised that the bulb touched the plastic cover ...Thankfully I was there.
Guess I needed shorter ones there...weird the sockets would point down though.

Noticed the bottom corner covers on the pushout sides are gone with a big gap...hope that is just cosmetic...

Forgot to make sure the counters didn't have anything on them before driving away... lost my new coffee pot ๐Ÿ˜ž

still trying to figure out how to make those rear spot lights at the top of the garage door ramp to go on...

What an adventure...LOL

You're doing great,you will know your RV inside out.Been there myself.
Be happy a new RV has many more problems.

Did you check the to see if the power switch was set to on looks like a barker switch on the Generator.
1999 Pace Arrow 37s
F53 Triton V10 8 to 9 mpg 6 to 7 with toad

2005 Mazda 3 2.5 26 mpg

fourmat
Explorer
Explorer
replaced TV antenna head amp went bad
2009 Challenger

Vanderee
Explorer
Explorer
toomoxy wrote:

ARGH....

I had a small engine repair shop check generator and they confirmed that my "General" 5500 generator is not powering anything even though is running and is a closed unit wtih belt that is difficult to repair if even possible or worth it (so piece of crap).

I'm so fed up... This was my dream for over 20 years, of purchasing an RV for dog shows.

But my fellow dog show campers assured me that "this soon shall pass" and once I get it all working and figure it all out, that i will have many years of happy camping.

I have been looking at
(one for dogs in the garage area) and one for me all night and during transport to sites. Figuring buy the best and hope I will be problem free for longer.

Cheapest one is $4,422.00 and thankfully salesperson told me I would also need harness assembly at $130.00 and exhaust acc at $120.00

they were so dim at home.... however once I plugged in at the fairground they were PERFECT...

They still get warm though (not as hot for sure) and the ones I put over the sink were angled down a bit...never thought about it until I noticed smoke coming from it and realised that the bulb touched the plastic cover ...Thankfully I was there.

Noticed the bottom corner covers on the pushout sides are gone with a big gap...hope that is just cosmetic...

Forgot to make sure the counters didn't have anything on them before driving away... lost my new coffee pot ๐Ÿ˜ž

still trying to figure out how to make those rear spot lights at the top of the garage door ramp to go on...

What an adventure...LOL

You're doing great,you will know your RV inside out.Been there myself.
Be happy a new RV has many more problems.

Vanderee
Explorer
Explorer
A very squeeky noise again in the Airstream door hinges. I drilled a small hole in the hinges and pushed in some grease, hope it's gone permanent.Noise gone so far. Checked my Workhorse chassis for rust spots and wire brushed and touched up two small spots with Epoxy primer and industrial paint.
When I imported the Airstream Landyacht to Australia I had the whole chassis totally sand blasted and re-coated, looks brand new and no more rust.I keep it in check. Ran the generator again, "if it's not used it gets abused". I run the genny twice per month.
My buddy tells me his RV is like a second wife,always asking for money.
My RV is my hobby and keeps me off the street,so says my wife.

Vanderee
Explorer
Explorer
John339 wrote:
Yesterday I repaired the drive shaft parking brake by replacing the brake shoes.
Then removed the wheels, 19.5" needing 450 lbs of torque, and made sure the disk brakes had plenty of pad left. They do.
Today will be greasing and lubing the chassis.
Tomorrow is removing the house batteries and adding water if needed. Distilled of course. Then vacuuming, cleaning and finally washing using a product that waxes at the same time. 303 Protectant on the tires and Windex on the windows and we will be ready for the next trip.
There is always something but it is still fun and a good hobby for an old timer.

I LOVE YOUR maintenance program "great" and...you use a waxed cleaner,so do I,goes to show we old timers are way ahead of the scrub and wash brigade.Do you use molly grease as well? Don't forget to check the park brake switches, mine locked up once and left me with a nasty smokey taste in the mouth,and a traffic jamb.I check my park brake regularly now. Yeah...RVing a great hobby.

koda55
Explorer
Explorer
Installed new 32 inch tv in bedroom.

kpconnell
Explorer
Explorer
Might be worth getting a second opinion on the existing genset...

Also maybe shop around for a used replacement even if its toast.

toomoxy wrote:

ARGH....

I have been looking at

What an adventure...LOL

mmiille
Explorer
Explorer
I am sure there are other generators that would be half of that cost. That one would seem to be more than adequate though.
Martin & Cheryl
40 Foot 2009 Damon Tuscany 4076
Cummins 360, Hyundai Santa Fe
Full timing since 2010.

toomoxy
Explorer
Explorer

ARGH....

I have been looking at

What an adventure...LOL

psmoore
Explorer
Explorer
Went to bring it home after buying it, and the damn bank didn't mark the folder to overnight the money and deliver on Saturday, so I have to drive 4.5 hours each way AGAIN next week to get because the bank screwed up!! UGH!
Paul and Susan - 4 kids
2001 Winnebago Brave 35C

JIMnCAROL
Explorer
Explorer
Decided to enlarge out counter top in our 2000 Monaco Knight 34y. We looked at trading, but was insulted by trade offers. We purchased a sheet of corian counter top from a local cabinet maker and made plans. The stove in the Knight was a raised model which gave us almost no counter top. Our plans were to extend the counter top with a removable extension over the couch and sink the drop the stove down so that a removable cover would make the area left of the sink one. We found that the current stove could not be droped without creating a fire hazard along the sides. A trip to our local RV place found a take out 3 burner stove for 75 bucks that would solve the problem. Recycling a dented dishwasher front to provide a SS liner around the drop in, we now have a smooth counter top of 7 feet (including a 10 inch extension on the right side of the sink. This is a great solution to our kitchen as before we had 3 inches to the right of the sink, six inches to the right side of the stove and another 6 inches to the wall. All this with corian top for under $2000. A lot cheaper than trading motorhomes.

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Not a thing. Thinking about checking the battery level, but it has been so darn hot didn't feel like going out. The humidity really does a number to my lungs (got IPF).