cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

robertbenita
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoyed it! Used it for day at an Over-the-Line tournament with lots of family and had a great time!

Magua
Explorer
Explorer
Received the new covers for the 2 captains chairs and the sofa today...DH started putting them on. Woohoo! No more peely, flakey black upholstery!

Tires are in, so we made the appt. for the girl to get 6 new shoes. Hooray for safety!

Removed all the window cornices so I can start reupholstering them.
Me (39), DH (40), DS1: 7 DS2: 6
Grand plans to take the fam on the road for a year+.

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
The tech arrived yesterday to diagnose why the heatpump (Coleman basement unit) wouldn't start.

In a word, shot compressor. :E

Heatpump has a 2 year warranty.

Work completed on the installation of this one: 29 March 2013. ๐Ÿ™‚

Now to see how long it takes to get the new one and whether or not they will pay for the install labour. That is a real chore.

Some of you may remember our blog about repairing the old one in Mexico in the fall/winter of 2012/2013.

Gottahaveit
Busy day today !! Replace all 6 golf cart batteries, Installed (2) 100 watt solar panels and...a solar powered roof mounted Fridge Vent. OK Hubby and a friend did it but I washed our new Tow Vehicle :W
40ft Mandalay Quad Slide
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

superk
Explorer
Explorer
Only today? Darn. ok, here is the short list then.

• Installed a new tire
  • Replaced fuel filter
  • Checked Air filter
  • Removed factory mattress and replaced with aftermarket pillowtop!
  • Hid wires for new backup camera in ceiling wire channels, and replaced channel covers.
  • Went for a test drive

Tons more to do tomorrow!

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
Added a rear Air Conditioner. Whew! Removing the old vent was a chore. I cleaned all the dicor and other sealant and then added 4" wide Eternabond tape around the 14" square hole before mounting the air conditioner.

Ran good and put out cold, cold air.

The bedroom was pre-wired for the A/C with a wall thermostat.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Replaced a the front cracked vent cover with a new one.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thursday I replaced the oil pressure switch on the Generac generator. It went bad sitting over the Winter. Generator would run about 30 seconds and then shut down. Runs as long as I want it now.

Generac part #60108 - Purchased from Jack's Small Engines website.

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
VinCee wrote:
Jrork, absolutely enjoy that beer, past tense! LOL! Far too much work to be done in one day. I would've checked one battery one day, beer, then go back the next day, beer, and so on until your rig is set to go. Enjoy my friend!

The problem (?) with living where we do,is that there are about 10 awesome craft breweries that ALL make great beers and are within 10 miles of where Jrork, romo,Tradewinds,Jrooster,several others on this forum and I live. I do, however, keep some from each in the fridge in the MH, so that I don't have to go to far after every project.
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

VinCee
Explorer
Explorer
Jrork, absolutely enjoy that beer, past tense! LOL! Far too much work to be done in one day. I would've checked one battery one day, beer, then go back the next day, beer, and so on until your rig is set to go. Enjoy my friend!

Jrork
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I didn't end up taking a bunch of pictures but regardless, the TadiBrothers wireless backup camera is roughed into place. It's a really nice kit and the picture is very very good. Wired the camera to one of the clearance lights for power so when you want your camera to work, turn on your lights which I thought was a good approach since I always drive with my lights on.
Also found that one of the coach batteries wasn't in great shape so I pulled them out and replaced both. Also cleaned up all the connections and discovered that the lead going to the generator was loose. That explains the intermitent start. Cleaned that up and it seems perfect. That's enough for today so this fatboy is going to go have a beer. ๐Ÿ™‚

Scott___Jill
Explorer
Explorer
Deedle wrote:
Had all the dual pane windows removed, to have the fog removed. Excited to get this done.

Wouldn't it of been cheaper to just buy a fog horn lol
1999 Pace Arrow 37s
F53 Triton V10 8 to 9 mpg 6 to 7 with toad

2005 Mazda 3 2.5 26 mpg

Deedle
Explorer
Explorer
Had all the dual pane windows removed, to have the fog removed. Excited to get this done.

Jrork
Explorer
Explorer
Got the TadiBrothers wireless back up camera setup in the mail. When HD with a 9" monitor. Gotta figure out how to mount up the transmitters to make it clean. I'll create a thread when I do it

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
Got her back today and the fiberglass repair is amazing.. Paint match on both the white and the brown is perfect. The white on the MH was a bit faded, as was the color streak and they got it perfect. The only way you can tell the difference,besides the water beading in the rain, is that the new handles are whiter.
They called and said the parts are all here for the gennie and the jacks and she's going in next week for that.
Topped off the fuel tank at the local Safeway for $2.85 a gtallon minus a .20 discount for total of $2.65.. Love it,21 gallons for $55.86. Heck,at these prices, I'm looking at a possible 1 tank r/t run.:B
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

Gottahaveit
I bought her a brand new 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited tow vehicle :B
40ft Mandalay Quad Slide
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Jrork
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought it a couple weeks ago but to date, swapped out the tires for some Toyo 16 plys, out with the old am/fm/cassette and installed a JVC stereo system. Today, I got a Scangauge II installed and I'm reading rpm, voltage, water and transmission temps. The Tadibrothers wireless system should be here this week. Can't wait!!!