cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

Whokares2
Explorer
Explorer
Resealed my 33ft. roof. First time I have tackled that job. Roof looks great, will farm it out next time, getting to old for all the trips up the kadder

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
De winterised it. IE removed all the t shirts, bathing suits, cleaned out the sand and vacuumed up as much dog hair as possible, and cleaned out all the dust from 5 months in Mexico. Now to do all the mechanical maintenance needed, to be ready for the few weeks of summer use before getting ready to head south again in October.

Hank_MI
Explorer
Explorer
After 2 months in Florida, partially under avocado trees, the roof and slide toppers were filthy. Avocado trees seem to drop some type of **** year round. Anyway I washed the roof and slide toppers to get all the dirt and black junk off. I washed the roof and put Mop And Glow on it last summer. I'll tell you it worked. The roof was easy to clean and looks like new again.

dcbrewer
Explorer
Explorer
4 new 235/80-22.5 on back, along with Borg Dually valves. And topped off batteries.

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Flooded mine trying to de-winterize it. I had forgotten that I disconnected the line from the fresh water tank to the pump. I was filling the fresh water tank so I could add the sanitizer and saw water pooling in the rear bedroom. I quickly shut off the spigot that was filling the tank but didn't realize what was going on for another few minutes. So...lots of water and most of it was under the under-bed cabinets where there's still carpet. I used a shop vac to suck up a lot of it. The rear bedroom has its own furnace so I unhooked one of the registers and had it blow under the beds. I also took it all apart so it's open and air can move through. I really don't want to have to tear the carpet up back there.

But the rest of the process went smoothly. Sanitized, flushed and drained. Ready for our next excursion which isn't until June. But I may try to sneak out for a weekend trip between now and then.
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

EmergencyNrse
Explorer
Explorer
Bought my first Class A since selling in 2010.
Took it out, flushed the water lines,ran all the systems.

Making a list now of upgrades. Bottom line is I'm back in the game ๐Ÿ™‚

hanko
Explorer
Explorer
de winterized, sanitized, check tires, put new filters on the water system, charged the water softener, update the Garmin. Ready to head to cedar key, and panama beach. Will get it out of the barn again a few days before we go for a wash and detail job
2014 Tiffin Open Road 36LA,Banks Power pack,sumo springs, 5 star tune, magnum invertor

2013 Ford Focus Toad

Haigh Superstar

Jim_Norman
Explorer
Explorer
OK,we are READY! Sanitized the water system and flushed it so it is ready to use. Installed a sewer hose storage pipe. Installed a new soap bottle holder and a shower head holder as well as a glove dispenser in the wet bay. Adjusted the DS mirror housing. Washed the rig. Loaded the summer stuff, BBQ, Chairs, etc. Summer here we come!
2016 Tiffin Allegro Red 38QBA
2008 Jeep Liberty (aka FireToad)

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
Last week or so filled her up with cheap diesel at Port Angeles and brought her home for the summer. Then unpacked the fridge, clothes etc.

Outwest63
Explorer
Explorer
Tired of sitting at home. Changed oil on engine and generator, lubed chassis. Washed and Waxed the RV and Toad. Time to go.

RJL
Explorer
Explorer
filled her with gas and water. Having a bit of a problem with the coach battery all of a sudden, we;ll see tomorrow. Cranked on the fridge for our journey back to Southern NJ from SW Fla. Gonna check the battery levels tomorrow. Looking forward to a nice trip back.
2010 Damon Challenger 368, F-53 Chasis
2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon unlimited, Toad
2018 Ram 1500 4x4, Club Cab, 6.4 bed,3.92 gears, 5.7 HEMI
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body, 6.4 HEMI

Jim_Norman
Explorer
Explorer
we are in full swing now! Found all the screws that hold the engine hatch in place, removed it and replaced it so that when I need to I know how to. To make matters easier in the future, the screw heads no longer match the carpet, now plastic coated RED. Should make that easier.

Have a couple items planned for the weekend. Install the sewer pipe storage tube underneath, figure out how to store my new folding ladder. IF temps hold, I might wash it.

BrianinMichigan
Explorer
Explorer
Still waiting for warm weather........
1990 GEORGIE BOY 28' 454 4BBL, TURBO 400 TRANS,
CAMPING: WHERE YOU SPEND A SMALL FORTUNE TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON.

Greyghost
Explorer
Explorer
This last week I prepped the coach for our trip to Alaska, the list is long but not finished yet. Repaired a wire for the dash air that had a cooked connector, removed a the short cargo tray so I could install a new refrigerator/freezer and wired it up. Had a problem with the MP4 connectors on the solar system (their ****), removed the connectors and direct wired the solar panels. Had the front cap painted while we were in Mexico and the screwed up the windshield wipers, fixed those. Re-wired our satellite dish setup to support Directv Genie, will add the Client later this week. Installed 2 new hubcaps on the curb side (hopefully they'll stay on this time).
Pat & Roger Fisher
2005 American Tradition 40W
2012 Honda CRV EX-L 2WD,
Jewel, Clifford and Thor - Bouvier Des Flandres

Jim_Norman
Explorer
Explorer
Well today 'I' didn't actually DO anything to my MH, Except spend $$$. I had it serviced at Freightliner while attending Camp Freightliner. So far I am pretty impressed with the class. No trouble staying awake. Instructor is VERY knowledgeable and also entertaining. This is a two day class, I believe it is well worth it. There is a lot to know. Just being able to walk around underneath the MH while it was up in the air is a learning experience, you get to see where this and that are located and how you might want to handle an issue if you are a DIY person. I usually am, and for many things I'll remain so. Not all that sure about the chassis, engine and trans service.