cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

chipndip
Explorer
Explorer
Winterized this one for the first time. Always a learning experience.

GHOST1750
Explorer
Explorer
Had my front slide topper replaced yesterday. They also replaced some missing screws. Things they were not asked to do, did some re sealing which wasn't part of the topper. When I got the bill I was shocked.
I just stared at it and did some re figuring in my head. He asked if it was too much and I said no and he said you expected more and I said yes. The total bill for the 17 ft. topper and all the extra work came to $305.00 .
Just Don and a Chiuahua called Dulce
2003 39' Tradewinds LE
2002 Cavalier tow
Korean Veteran, USAF
FMCA F357981
CC4C
GOOD SAM

Life is a journey, not a destination !

Yellowboat_
Explorer
Explorer
I winterized our RV by driving it from Washington State to my brotherโ€™s house in Central California. We are back in Washington now but after Christmas we will pick up our RV at my brothers house and head to Arizona.
2016 Winnebago Sightseer 33C on a 2016 Ford F53 Chassis
2009 Saturn VUE
Buddy our Bichon Frise
JD & Kathy

charles
Explorer
Explorer
It was a nice day today so went over to storage, unplugged, went to gas station for a fill up, filler overflowed, went back to storage washed gas off the side and re-waxed that area plugged back in and came home. We'll start loading up for Florida after the hodidays.

Nick
2011 Winnebago Vista 35F
2019 Thor Chateau 22B

go-rusty
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoyed it!

nbargolf
Explorer
Explorer
Just finished ripping out all the carpet and vinyl and replaced it with laminate. Looks great and man is it easy to clean(lots less dust in the MH now). Wares like iron.

Jim_Nina
Explorer
Explorer
well we decided not to trade so we did a few things
1. 6 new tires
2. 3 new batteries
3. new brakes
4. oil change
5. new toliet
6. new drain plug in hot water heater
7. repaired main water drain line
now can i quit.
Jim,Nina & JJ

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
I also got tired of getting up on the roof every year to caulk the seams that had cracks, so I bought to 50 foot rolls of eternabond and done the roof. I could not believe how that tape bonds. I was getting worried that getting up in age I could lose my balance and it would be curtains if you fall from the top. LOL!
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

DesertSpooners
Explorer
Explorer
We resealed the roof. Looks like a heavy rain headed our way with wind and snow possible. What? This is Tucson. 78 today and sunny--the next few days--not so nice.
Still having fun!

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
Parked it in Zihuatanejo, Mexico. We'll move it again as we move north again in the spring ๐Ÿ™‚

Wanderlost
Nomad II
Nomad II
Got the other TV and the VHS player out. Now need a couple of new electronics and the mounts.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Well actually, yesterday I replaced the reigniter in my 1989 Dometic RM 2800 two way refrigerator. It is not an easy job thru the 14X14 opening but doable. I put the new reigniter in and tested the electrical portion and it worked fine, then I reassembled everything except the covers and tested for leaks and tested the electrical again, worked great. Put the covers back in place and no spark. Disassembled the entire thing and found I disconnected a wire when I put the cover on. Reassembled everything and lit it off. After about 8 hours everything is fine. What a rewarding thing, diagnosing the problem and then buying the part and installing it for about $50 instead of several hundred that was estimated by a repair shop. Keep and read your manuals, they have a lot of good info or operation,maintnance and repair.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

PyrateSilly
Explorer
Explorer
The last thing we did to the RV was clean and fix the connections for the batteries. When we had tried to start it, it would not. The connections were very loose and dirty so we fixed it hoping that maybe the simple fix would be the one that did it instead of needing new batteries. ๐Ÿ™‚
Well that did it and fixed it and we were able to start and things starting charging like they should then several things happened and we had not been able to get back to the RV for the last almost 2 months so you can understand if we were both dreading a little not knowing if the fix would stay fixed.
Well we got out this Sunday afternoon and it is still working fine and things are really charging better now then since we bought it. WHEW!!!! I am really happy today.
The other things we have done in the last 2 months is sell the truck (6500 lbs) and traded the PT Cruiser (automatic) off for a Toyota 4Runner 4WD manual which can be towed 4 down. Yes we verifed with Toyota and Remco that as long as it's 4WD and manual that it is 4 down towable for 1995. As a matter of fact looking at it we have discovered that it still has the wiring that we figured out means that it was already towed behind an RV. So all we now we really need to get is just the base plate and tow bar instead of everything. Money saved, always like that.
Now we need to just figure out a way to also haul the full bagger harley too, lol.
Abigail and Christine having fun in a 1993 Monaco Crown Royale Signature Series 40ft 300hp RV.

anemic
Explorer
Explorer
I broke-in my new Sewer Solution special edition 50 footer last night. It drops down to my basement floor cleanout from ground level - running thru the basement so I ordered one with a super long hose and no connections between the RV end and the house end. That thing works great. The rinse mode is nice. When I put it away the only thing in it was clear water which was easy to remove into the drain.
Noob, 1996 Tiffin Allegro Bay 28' since May 2011

anemic
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a set of tires. Best looking 19.5" for winter was a Bridgestone M729F. Boy do I miss the rib's stability. Oh well, these look like they'll do a great job for me all winter.

I topped the LPG back up. The Thurs-Sun long weekend burned $19.80 in propane. Not too bad.
Noob, 1996 Tiffin Allegro Bay 28' since May 2011