cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

sundancer268
Explorer
Explorer
Found my leak in the bathroom came from the bath tub drain lines under the vanity. The Tee broke totally off at the end where the tub joined the under sink vent line. So far I have made three trips to Lowe's to get parts. I gave up tonight and will continue tomorrow. Why can you not by ABS fittings as used in RVs. Better question is why do they use ABS instead of readily available PVC?
U. S. Navy (RETIRED) 1993
1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' Diesel Pusher Cummins B5.9 12 Valve Engine, Allison MD-3060 6 Speed Transmission.
TOAD: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Road Master Sterling All-Terrain, Airforce One

Macrosill
Explorer
Explorer
Finished installing the new water lines throughout the rig and installed the new shower walls. Also installed an anode rod in the water heater.
Thanks,
Brian

TT = 2018 Wildwood 31KQBTS
TV = 2006 Ford F-350 CC DRW 6.0

jaychat2003
Explorer
Explorer
Checked the tire pressure and aired up.
J

melvonnar
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
Hi Rainbirds,

That was good sleuthing on your part to figure out the alternator charging circuit was toast. I've had mine changed to a relay I can manually control, and added a second relay for my second battery bank. Both are now protected by automatic circuit breakers (50 amps) instead of fuses. At idle (with the engine cold) the charge carried amounts to 40 amps. Unfortunately I have no way to measure the amperage while traveling (yet).

This is so typical of RV shops. It makes me want to scream. They could rebuild the system with continuous duty relays from Napa or other similar supply houses. Want to make a bet that would be cheaper than what you are going to pay for the "genuine OEM parts"?

BTW the OEM relay lasted less than one year--the contacts were burned--in spite of it being fused at 60 amps and rated for more than that amount of current. It came in very handy to have the "extra" charging circuit.

Canadian Rainbirds wrote:
Phoned the service desk at the RV shop to see why they hadn't called to tell me the rig was done. (House batteries hadn't been charging from the alternator.)They were having trouble diagnosing the problem. A week ago YESTERDAY they said they hoped I would be able to pick it up Monday last. Today, the following Friday! when I called they told me "Oh yes, I need to talk to you about something...let me find what it was."!!! Apparently it needs two switches. They have one, will have to order the other. For $40.00 they can have it here Monday and the rig ready hopefully Tuesday. OR I can wait for their regular order to arrive and there would be no shipping charge. THREE OR FOUR WEEKS!!!!

This is the second time they have screwed up. Last month the tech had asked parts department to order in a new heater core so it would be in when he returned from holiday. When he went to start the job first day back he found that they had forgotten to order it! 10 days delay!

Ask me if I am a bit annoyed. Never mind, you probably have already guessed.

Unfortunately RV service shops are scarce around here, but I am certainly going to try to find something else. But not before a long pointed chat with the management.

I say join the club:
I took my motorhome in one time; was promised it in two weeks; got it in 4 months.

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Finally sunny - the rain (3") has moved to the east. We're finally going camping for the weekend.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi Rainbirds,

That was good sleuthing on your part to figure out the alternator charging circuit was toast. I've had mine changed to a relay I can manually control, and added a second relay for my second battery bank. Both are now protected by automatic circuit breakers (50 amps) instead of fuses. At idle (with the engine cold) the charge carried amounts to 40 amps. Unfortunately I have no way to measure the amperage while traveling (yet).

This is so typical of RV shops. It makes me want to scream. They could rebuild the system with continuous duty relays from Napa or other similar supply houses. Want to make a bet that would be cheaper than what you are going to pay for the "genuine OEM parts"?

BTW the OEM relay lasted less than one year--the contacts were burned--in spite of it being fused at 60 amps and rated for more than that amount of current. It came in very handy to have the "extra" charging circuit.

Canadian Rainbirds wrote:
Phoned the service desk at the RV shop to see why they hadn't called to tell me the rig was done. (House batteries hadn't been charging from the alternator.)They were having trouble diagnosing the problem. A week ago YESTERDAY they said they hoped I would be able to pick it up Monday last. Today, the following Friday! when I called they told me "Oh yes, I need to talk to you about something...let me find what it was."!!! Apparently it needs two switches. They have one, will have to order the other. For $40.00 they can have it here Monday and the rig ready hopefully Tuesday. OR I can wait for their regular order to arrive and there would be no shipping charge. THREE OR FOUR WEEKS!!!!

This is the second time they have screwed up. Last month the tech had asked parts department to order in a new heater core so it would be in when he returned from holiday. When he went to start the job first day back he found that they had forgotten to order it! 10 days delay!

Unfortunately RV service shops are scarce around here, but I am certainly going to try to find something else. But not before a long pointed chat with the management.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

RVRODDER
Explorer
Explorer
Picked up all the newly fabricated parts, to install my new towing brackets tomorrow.
Gulfstream Sunvoyager Cummins 5.9BT DP.

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer

Macrosill
Explorer
Explorer
Changed the master cylinder, front calipers, caliper hoses and pads
Thanks,
Brian

TT = 2018 Wildwood 31KQBTS
TV = 2006 Ford F-350 CC DRW 6.0

Afubar
Explorer
Explorer
Am in the process of re-finishing the wood floor in my Kitchen. (38 ft 1996 Newmar Mountain Aire) The PO had installed vinyl over the wood. Trying to get all the adhesive off has been so much fun. Just a couple of more rounds of sanding and then I'll be ready to stain and seal. Will post picts when done.
1996 38ft Newmar Mountain Aire
Boxer named Cash(for old timers, that's short for Cassius Clay)

GabJam
Explorer
Explorer
jetboater454 wrote:
GabJam wrote:
Painted Door Frame & Sides of Slides on New Motor Home. Took me 3 days to complete, but I think it was worth the time & it looks great too.

Hope the link works.

Paint Project

Wow,now that looks nice.don't see many slide sides painted.Will the slide seals rub on it when you close it?

Thanks FL,
The slides were painted the beige color with a clear coat finish already, so yes the side seals do rub on it when opening & closing. I applied 3 coats of clear over the colors for the matching gloss. Should not cause any damages or scratches. DW keep asking why I was doing it, but now loves the finish product.
11' Monaco Monarch 34SBD

Dan:B, Donna:), Gabrielle (13):R, & Jameson (11):p

Listen to Country Music on-line or on your Smart Phone @ US66Radio.com

pompano
Explorer
Explorer
Decided to sell the 33' Southwind and buy something with a slide or two.

Hank_MI
Explorer
Explorer
Busted an exhaust manifold stud. The rear bolt was already broken off so I decided it was time to fix it. The front stud snapped right off. The rest, except for one came out with no problem. I have to move the dipstick tube out of the way to get to the last bolt. Thunderstorm started so I had to pack it up for today.

jetboater454
Explorer
Explorer
GabJam wrote:
Painted Door Frame & Sides of Slides on New Motor Home. Took me 3 days to complete, but I think it was worth the time & it looks great too.

Hope the link works.

Paint Project

Wow,now that looks nice.don't see many slide sides painted.Will the slide seals rub on it when you close it?
2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider

GabJam
Explorer
Explorer

Hope the link works.

Paint Project
11' Monaco Monarch 34SBD

Dan:B, Donna:), Gabrielle (13):R, & Jameson (11):p

Listen to Country Music on-line or on your Smart Phone @ US66Radio.com