cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Made some progress over the weekend, but not as much as I had hoped. Time to put it back in its parking spot. It's tough to maneuver without a spotter, but I got it in there. Coming back out next weekend, but I needed the room in the driveway.

https://youtu.be/5c-46cP8dkc
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I did something very special recently. Today, I finished a 1000+ mile trip from Houston, TX to Thornton, CO without ANY issues! A very special trip!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
mike brez wrote:
turbojimmy wrote:
I pulled the old Allegro out of its hibernation spot and into the driveway. Put the fridge on propane to make sure it works in preparation for dry camping at the Pocono Raceway in a few weeks. For some reason the fridge fired up immediately and stayed lit. I usually have to fight with the thing, turning it on and of literally dozens of times before it will stay lit. And then the ignitor keeps clicking for hours. This time I flicked the switch, it lit and that was it. It's still lit this morning. And the ignitor stopped as soon as it lit. Go figure.

I need to find a coolant leak somewhere. It puked a bunch of antifreeze out the right front somewhere and the overflow tank is dry. Also installing a tire pressure monitoring system today. If I'm feeling really ambitious I'll put some fuel and propane in it today. I'm not sure the campground where I fill the propane is open today, though.

While in hibernation it's better to store it with a full fuel tank.
Hope the coolant leak is a easy fix. My old class C use to have a small cold drip but was ok when warmed up.

Yes I should have stored it full but I got lazy and didn't stop on the way home from the season's final trip to top it off. I probably put about 30 gallons in it over the winter 5 gallons at a time to keep the fuel level high enough to run the generator.

The coolant thing is a mystery. Last time I had it running in the driveway it left a puddle of coolant. I topped it off today and let it get up to operating temp. Nothing obvious leaking.

I replaced the "vintage" wallpaper-covered fridge door with chalkboard. Going to do the freezer today too. I need to pick up another piece of chalkboard. I'd post a pic but Photobucket has become completely unusable because of the ads. Pages won't load. I need to find another photo hosting site (open to suggestions).

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
turbojimmy wrote:
I pulled the old Allegro out of its hibernation spot and into the driveway. Put the fridge on propane to make sure it works in preparation for dry camping at the Pocono Raceway in a few weeks. For some reason the fridge fired up immediately and stayed lit. I usually have to fight with the thing, turning it on and of literally dozens of times before it will stay lit. And then the ignitor keeps clicking for hours. This time I flicked the switch, it lit and that was it. It's still lit this morning. And the ignitor stopped as soon as it lit. Go figure.

I need to find a coolant leak somewhere. It puked a bunch of antifreeze out the right front somewhere and the overflow tank is dry. Also installing a tire pressure monitoring system today. If I'm feeling really ambitious I'll put some fuel and propane in it today. I'm not sure the campground where I fill the propane is open today, though.

While in hibernation it's better to store it with a full fuel tank.
Hope the coolant leak is a easy fix. My old class C use to have a small cold drip but was ok when warmed up.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer

Greyghost
Explorer
Explorer
Removed the drop receiver from my tow setup. The Alaska Highway from Haines Junction to TOK and the TOK cutoff to Valdez bent it. Really really bad frost heaves and we kept it under 35 whenever we got to the bad roads. Other that that, a great trip.
Pat & Roger Fisher
2005 American Tradition 40W
2012 Honda CRV EX-L 2WD,
Jewel, Clifford and Thor - Bouvier Des Flandres

Wanderlost
Nomad II
Nomad II
Started the three-day process to clean her up. Got half of her pressure washed before the neck and shoulders gave out. Got one side scrubbed down, but need to go back over it again to get the dirt we missed the first time.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

toolttime
Explorer
Explorer
Our coach had cheap looking rubber covering steps going into coach. I measured up the 5 pieces I needed and went to a corian counter top supllier. They cut me the 5 pieces I needed to do it. The top 2 pieces needed a trim here and there and when job was done it looked awsome.
2015 Thor Tuscany 45AT

Wanderlost
Nomad II
Nomad II
Drove L'Andante to Texas Custom Coach so they could look over the areas we need fixed and give us a good estimate on replacing the cracked shower surround, installing flat screen TVs and making shelves out of the old analog TV locations, install padded vinyl plank flooring throughout, and fix the six-way controls on the driver's seat.

It's an hour drive over there, so we have a lovely, rainy drive to and fro. She still is a joy to drive.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
gfs1943 wrote:
Not today, but earlier in the week, I replaced the capacitors, compressor relays, and circuit board for my basement air conditioner. On our last trip, in October, one of the small relays on the circuit board was sparking and continually clicking on and off, not allowing the compressor 2 to run. I turned off the circuit breaker for circuit 2 and was able to keep the temperature tolerable using just circuit 1. I got the new parts from Makarios RV. Once I got the parts changed, I now have a system that's working like it's supposed to.
It took me about five hours to change out those parts, mainly because I'm not able to work as fast as I used to.

At least you didn't have to pull the unit to do that. That is one tough job! I think it weighs a couple of hundred pounds!

gfs1943
Explorer
Explorer
Not today, but earlier in the week, I replaced the capacitors, compressor relays, and circuit board for my basement air conditioner. On our last trip, in October, one of the small relays on the circuit board was sparking and continually clicking on and off, not allowing the compressor 2 to run. I turned off the circuit breaker for circuit 2 and was able to keep the temperature tolerable using just circuit 1. I got the new parts from Makarios RV. Once I got the parts changed, I now have a system that's working like it's supposed to.
It took me about five hours to change out those parts, mainly because I'm not able to work as fast as I used to.
gfs1943
USAF, Retired (1962 - 1983)
2006 Monaco Diplomat 40PRQ
2006 Honda CR-V

Jim_Norman
Explorer
Explorer
So far I have changed out the drivers side headlight assembly today. A tab on it broke so the light was doing mire for plane spotting than for driving. Fixed a cabinet door. Working out installing 3) 5x5 tubes to store stuff, like my step ladder, flag pole, walking sticks, fire tongs etc. The tubes are 8 feet long, I goofed and cut one to 7 feet and then found out that I had to move it a little further into the compartment than I wanted to so the 8 foot likely would have worked. Oh Well. Going to finish that up, add a shelf for the grill stand, change the back up lights to super bright LED or if that doesn't work, add an LED docking light. All in all not really much to do, wishing I could be away this weekend instead of puttering.
2016 Tiffin Allegro Red 38QBA
2008 Jeep Liberty (aka FireToad)

Greyghost
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced 2 cargo door latches with the Monaco type latches.
Pat & Roger Fisher
2005 American Tradition 40W
2012 Honda CRV EX-L 2WD,
Jewel, Clifford and Thor - Bouvier Des Flandres

Scott___Jill
Explorer
Explorer
Hank MI wrote:
After 2 months in Florida, partially under avocado trees, the roof and slide toppers were filthy. Avocado trees seem to drop some type of **** year round. Anyway I washed the roof and slide toppers to get all the dirt and black junk off. I washed the roof and put Mop And Glow on it last summer. I'll tell you it worked. The roof was easy to clean and looks like new again.

You used mop and glow on a rubber roof?
1999 Pace Arrow 37s
F53 Triton V10 8 to 9 mpg 6 to 7 with toad

2005 Mazda 3 2.5 26 mpg

DryCreek
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing major, just finished up the removal of the monstrous old 24" dinosaur and installed a 32" LED TV. Then, monthly exercise of the generator and finally put the tire covers back on.

Did get to finalize our reservations for the Memorial Day weekend though. Looks like we're going to be at the Thousand Trails resort on Lake Conroe for the actual holiday weekend, and Mill Creek Ranch resort for the First Monday Trades Day in Canton the Thursday through Sunday after that.

I can't wait to get off of night shift (72 hour weeks; we're in an outage) and get to spring traveling. Calving season is done, and our neighbors will come over to tend the chickens (for free eggs, of course). Our sons got together and gave us a Texas Parks Pass as a "New RV" gift.