cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

wslawton
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced the noisy, inefficient stock bathroom vent fan with a Vortex replacement fan. The job was fairly easy and only took about an hour to replace. The new fan is a little noisier than I would like but it sure moves some air. For $50 I think it was a worthwhile improvement.

mcal63775
Explorer
Explorer
Spent last 2 days buffing the 97 Coachmen,which the paint was badly oxidized. Not an easy task and now my arms and hands are killing me from hanging on to the buffer. But damn...does it shine! Also shampoo'd the carpet, replaced a GFI receptacle, stood back-cussed the MH and drank a beer.

FocalPoint
Explorer
Explorer
Today I installed the Roadmaster tow bar adapter to our 2010 Honda CRV. It wasn't a hard job but had a little problem with the 2 half inch bolts that screw into a factory hole with a nut welded to the back that were not aligned correctly from the factory. I enlarged the holes to be able to insert the bolts. I must say that Roadmaster has one nice solid product. I also installed the independent tail light kit from Roadmaster which went very well too. I will probably take it for a test tow tomorrow. Now I am finished with the last of the big projects.
2000 Harney Coach Works DP. 3126B Cat Toad 2010Honda CRV

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
RVRODDER wrote:
Emptied out all my lockers to see what I could discard,to lighten my load, after an hour or two of going through it all,put everything back again!!

Did the same thing this PMand got some things out that I haven't used in the year we've owned it..Problem was that they were small lite-weight things and the things that DW wanted in weigh more tyhan the ones I took out.Also got rid of several cans of my Olympia beer in the process..
Took it to Novus this AM and got the w/s crack repaired..Anything to take it out and run it...Even offered to take the MIL home after she and the DW went shopping today.. Naw,she didn't want to do that and said that she felt safer in the DW's Focus..??????
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

her_I
Explorer
Explorer
Insalled a new scare light. Now we can actually see when we go out.

RVRODDER
Explorer
Explorer
Emptied out all my lockers to see what I could discard,to lighten my load, after an hour or two of going through it all,put everything back again!!
Gulfstream Sunvoyager Cummins 5.9BT DP.

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
Bigdog wrote:
Called Fan-tastic fan this AM to order new covers for the fan vents as the one in the reading room got stuck shut and when I tried to open it,it raised a bit and then shattered and the other one broke when I dropped a screwdriver on it.. Hummm,I s'pose too much time in Texas and the southwest before I got it.Asked them how much the new ones were gonna cost and he said that they were in the mail.Now that's what I call customer service as my rig is a 2001 and the fans are WAY out of warranty.
But then you know that when I go to add one to the other bathroom vent,I'll be using Fan-tastic..

A couple of years ago we asked the local RV shop to update the one way Fantastic Fans in the galley and bedroom with reversing fans. I was some ticked off to find Maxx Aires installed! Too late to make them change them as we were leaving for the south for the winter.

Find them a lot noisier too.

ole_trucker
Explorer
Explorer
Drove my girl from New Orleans to Tyler,Texas w/no issues!!!!

JerryofWV
Explorer
Explorer
Installed electric awning arms from Care Free. Replaced my manual ones. Now we will use the awning more. DW can roll it out and in when she wants.
Jerry & Dee Dee Pauley

2005 Monaco Monarch SE, Workhorse, Falcon II tow bar, ReadyBrake, 2012 Jeep Liberty Toad

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything they have.

Wanderlost
Nomad II
Nomad II
Drove home from the campground and hooked up in our driveway. House a/c is broken, so we'll be staying in the MH until it's fixed.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

revump
Explorer
Explorer
Getting ready to replace my water pump on our Class A. Anything special I should consider
Bob

FocalPoint
Explorer
Explorer
I installed the "Steer Safe" unit this morning. It took me an hour and a half. I must have had the steering centered just right because there was no pulling when I took it for the test drive. The difference in handling is like day and night. My wife and I will be going to Bryce Canyon in a couple of weeks so the drive should be enjoyable with no wandering to deal with. I'll give a handling report when we get back from the trip.
2000 Harney Coach Works DP. 3126B Cat Toad 2010Honda CRV

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Painted the plastic exterior cover for the range hood vent. It had yellowed over the years. Also fixed rear side marker light. Got unit ready for trip to Wateree State Park in the morning.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
Called Fan-tastic fan this AM to order new covers for the fan vents as the one in the reading room got stuck shut and when I tried to open it,it raised a bit and then shattered and the other one broke when I dropped a screwdriver on it.. Hummm,I s'pose too much time in Texas and the southwest before I got it.Asked them how much the new ones were gonna cost and he said that they were in the mail.Now that's what I call customer service as my rig is a 2001 and the fans are WAY out of warranty.
But then you know that when I go to add one to the other bathroom vent,I'll be using Fan-tastic..
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
This evening the new Koni FSD shocks get installed on the front. They will be tested this Saturday on some two lane roads.