cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I see the other types of RV's having this type of thread. I did a search and could not find one here. 🙂

Yesterday, I drove mine to work to "excercise" it. I have driven it to work twice in the two weeks I have owned it.

In the two years I owned my Class C, I drove it to work ZERO times. :E
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
1,574 REPLIES 1,574

rdtaylor
Explorer
Explorer
This morning before the wet stuff started falling out of the sky I installed new 9004 dual beam HID headlights.

Easy straight forward install now all 3 of my vehicles have great headlight.

JoeRT04
Explorer
Explorer
It's a nice Fall day here today so I performed my monthly chores for our RT. Most of these things I leaned on RV.net CVC. This s a great forum and topic.

1. Checked the tire pressure on all tires
2. Checked the fluids under the hood
3. Checked the house battery and lubricated the battery drawer tray - moved it back and forth a few times
4. Checked the Genny oil and gave it a good run under load
5. Lubricated the door hinges and parts on all doors (I do this twice a year)
6. Fired up the furnace, reefer to keep the propane system in shape. (RT is winterized - can't run the hot water heater)
7. Checked all interior, storage and porch lights (while running the Genny)
8. Gave the interior a quick cleaning such as the dashboard, window sills etc
9. Cleaned certain spots on the exterior with 'ProtectAll' (usually around the windows)
10. Opened all cabinets & reefer door to let them air out - I like to esp. leave the reeefer open while not in use.

I try to do these things in the middle of each month weather permitting. We will be snowbirds this winter so I will be able to keep up the chores while down there. My DW can't understand why I spend so much time on the thing... :B

As a rule, I like to visit the RT and look under the hood (just outside our home side door) just about every other day to check on anything that might be amiss such as rodents coming for a visit, etc. So far, so good. No incidents in 7 years of ownership. It also, allows me to 'dream' about our next trip and to relax a little. :W
2015 Class B Roadtrek Zion

seraphim
Explorer
Explorer
Took it to a buddy to replace the driver's side ball joint. Did the passenger side two weeks ago. Had to work a little overtime to get the upgrade kit for the other side. Then I'll be comfortable taking it on a long trip, again.
2012 GMC 3500HD Crew Cab LB 4x4 DRW with Duramax 6.6 diesel
2013 Palomino Maverick 2902.
[

dirtyharryo
Explorer
Explorer
Took her over to walmart and got her filled up with gas. ouch, going to take her to Lancaster Ohio tomorrow, I have some lock work to do for a friend, also free food for vets at a few of the restaurants in town.

yizit
Explorer
Explorer
Took our Roada for a drive to Walmart running the generator to exercise it. Got hit with a heavy snow fall in Wisconsin Dells and we lost power for 3 hours. Thought it would be a good idea to make sure the generator was working okay in case we should ever need it. The smart thing would have been to pack up and head south before the storm hit:h
Jim & Darlene
Pickles our Teddy Bear
2013 Roadtrek RS Adventurous (aka..Roada)
Wisconsin Dells...Water park capital of the world

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Placed some cabinet shelf gripper lining in some of my cubby hole storage areas. This is great storage space not used previously because things would slide back and forth. The one roll of liner was purchased at the DOLLAR TREE store.

truenorth50
Explorer
Explorer
I went out to the Trailite B+ and sat in the drivers seat making engine noises like we were actually going somewhere!:) It can't be ten months to spring, can it?:E:W
Give me a tall ship, and a star to steer her by.

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
vstreano wrote:
We brought out 2000 Xplorer home from the dealer where we just purchased it. Spent the day going through the rig and tried to remember everything they told us about how it works. We're excited to get out on a shake down cruise.
Congrats - post a picture if you get a chance!

vstreano
Explorer
Explorer
We brought out 2000 Xplorer home from the dealer where we just purchased it. Spent the day going through the rig and tried to remember everything they told us about how it works. We're excited to get out on a shake down cruise.

diepenj
Explorer
Explorer
Didn't do anything to her but had to stop by the storage area and give it a gentle pat on the bumper just to remind her we still love her. 😄

OldRadios
Explorer
Explorer
Put fresh gas in the tanks and put it's winter cover over it.
Guess I'll see it in the spring. 😞
2006 Fleetwood 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad
Upstate (the other) New York

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
JoeRT04 wrote:
Got new tires for my RT today.

BTW, the workers in the shop went ga ga over the class B. I had to give a couple of tours... :C

When I take my much older Class B to the oil change place, they are amazed at mine and the shape it is in for the year.

Congrats on the tires. We all know that is a "small" investment.

JoeRT04
Explorer
Explorer
Got new tires for my RT today.

The old tires were 8 years old. They had to go. They still had good tread remaining (at 30K miles) and no cracks in the sidewalls. But, after attending a Roadtrek rally a couple of weeks ago and kind RT owners indicating that the weakening of the insides of the tires are the problem, I decided I better make a move before going on a long trip snow-birding this winter.

Although I bought the same brand/model tires that originally came with the RT, the new tires are a lot quieter and have a noticeable smoother ride. I feel better now that I've made the change.

I did some shopping around and got 3 bids for the same brand/model tire:
1. The local dealer had the highest price initially.
2. Second dealer (also local, bid the middle price).
3. Third dealer about an hour away had the lowest price.
4. Went back to the original dealer #1 and they matched the lowest price. ($37 less per tire than the original highest bid).

BTW, the workers in the shop went ga ga over the class B. I had to give a couple of tours... :C
2015 Class B Roadtrek Zion

byhamr
Explorer
Explorer
Must be all those boomers retiring each day with all kinds of cash 🙂

brucec315
Explorer
Explorer
Oh to be in San Diego or almost anywhere other than Upstate NY. I installed all the insulation to cover windows, fantastic fan and the rear door. I have the Van parked where I can get the snow blower around it so I can escape when there is 2-4 feet of snow surrounding it. No trips planned until April at this point but I hope to get south at least once in the van.