cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I see the other types of RV's having this type of thread. I did a search and could not find one here. 🙂

Yesterday, I drove mine to work to "excercise" it. I have driven it to work twice in the two weeks I have owned it.

In the two years I owned my Class C, I drove it to work ZERO times. :E
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
1,574 REPLIES 1,574

bobojay5
Explorer
Explorer
Installed a direct fused at the converter 8ga, 12v battery line to our kitchen counter area with a 20amp circuit breakered 12v outlet to plug our inverter in so the wife could use her small crock pot while going down the road to fix some eats.

Now we're ready for our big fall trip in 2 weeks!
Bob & Sharon
Eastern Kansas
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A
Class B Van

deborahsheik
Explorer
Explorer
Our '05 Vista Cruiser Sprinter came with an outside shower. This one...Winnebago Era... just has a hose end.
We added a shower head and modified a suction cup holder.
We have been known to take "bathing suit showers" when on the road and doing the boondocking thing to get from one place to the next. More space and doesn't add to the gray tank.
Deborah and Jack
Englewood, Florida
2014 Winnebago Era 70a
AKA "Diva Mobile" 😉

stan909
Explorer
Explorer
Washed the old gal. Van I mean.

deborahsheik
Explorer
Explorer
Winnie Era 70a
Industrial strength sticky back Velcro...WalMart craft department...to hang...
*Battery touch lights...small ones...4 pack WalMart... inside each side of the rear upper cabinet...really lets you see into the back corners...one in the bathroom for middle of the night needs...larger one in the wardrobe right above the clear plastic shoe organizer on a hanger for small stuff...hair, make-up, vitamin packets...etc
*little plastic shower caddys...a couple in bathroom, one next to galley sink for sponge and dish soap...I took off the suction cups
*photos..."it's not a home until there's a photo wall"...I used the clear lucite with magnet backs...Walmart ...added the Velcro...used the wall between love seat/fridge
Deborah and Jack
Englewood, Florida
2014 Winnebago Era 70a
AKA "Diva Mobile" 😉

Karsty
Explorer
Explorer
deborahsheik wrote:
Completed our screen "door" for the 2014 Winnebago Era slider.
We used 2 ready made portable "doors" from WalMart to span the opening...60 inches.
Tried a tension rod but too much of a gap at the top.
Sewed rectangular magnets in the top pocket, added an extra bit of screen to the bottom for length,..84 inches...and sewed in magnets between the weights on the bottom. Extra magnets go on the sides.
They both roll up into a 36 inch long mailing tube.

I have the 2012 ERA and would like to do something with the side slider as well. The commercial installations are just a little too pricey for me at the moment. Can you post pictures ... if not can you sent some to me so I can visualize what you have done.

Thanks

Karsty
kaskeland@computan.on.ca
Karsty (The Wandering Viking)

2012 Winnebago ERA

bobojay5
Explorer
Explorer
deborahsheik wrote:
Added an outlet in the rear upper cabinet ...2014 Winnie Era 70a

Good idea!
Bob & Sharon
Eastern Kansas
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A
Class B Van

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday, I washed it from top to bottom then I exercised it driving an 80 mile round trip taking some friends to dinner. (Joe's Crab Shack)
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

deborahsheik
Explorer
Explorer
Added an outlet in the rear upper cabinet ...2014 Winnie Era 70a
Deborah and Jack
Englewood, Florida
2014 Winnebago Era 70a
AKA "Diva Mobile" 😉

deborahsheik
Explorer
Explorer
I could take pictures of the finished product when we set it up....but don't know how to upload them here 🙂
Deborah and Jack
Englewood, Florida
2014 Winnebago Era 70a
AKA "Diva Mobile" 😉

hobbssb
Explorer
Explorer
deborahsheik wrote:
Completed our screen "door" for the 2014 Winnebago Era slider.
We used 2 ready made portable "doors" from WalMart to span the opening...60 inches.
Tried a tension rod but too much of a gap at the top.
Sewed rectangular magnets in the top pocket, added an extra bit of screen to the bottom for length,..84 inches...and sewed in magnets between the weights on the bottom. Extra magnets go on the sides.
They both roll up into a 36 inch long mailing tube.

Your screen doors sound great! Do you have any pictures?

csw5925
Explorer
Explorer
Worked on removing peeling decals off the G24 Vista Cruiser. Gave up and took it to a friend in the body shop business. Looks so much better! Went on a short junket to Mississippi as a shake down to a longer trip next week. Crossed the 55,000 mile barrier! Tomorrow I'll clean inside, dump tanks and wash the exterior. Love my Sprinter!

Fastpaddler
Explorer
Explorer
As noted elsewhere I cleaned out the tanks,the black one being it's usual troublesome self! Ran up the right front and rear wheels on blocks and the cleaning of black tank went better with monitor showing Empty.Hurray!

fordman17
Explorer
Explorer
Changed the oil in the gen and also changed the oil and filter in the V10.The battery terminals needed cleaning also.Our 2003 Coachmen 317KS should be ready for dog show trip next weekend where there are no hookups available.

Sebtown
Explorer
Explorer
Received and installed 2 5watt sunforce solar panels with self regulators, one for the house and the other plugged in the chassis. I don't have electricity at the storage end of my property and am hoping this will work. I will report back in the future.

bobojay5
Explorer
Explorer
Been having unseasonably cool weather, 60's & low 70's, so have been able to get out and do some van projects.
Finally finished installing and de-rattling the microwave oven. Also installed an in house chassis battery charger to keep the chassis battery charged while the van is plugged in somewhere for extended lengths of time.
Bob & Sharon
Eastern Kansas
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A
Class B Van