cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I see the other types of RV's having this type of thread. I did a search and could not find one here. 🙂

Yesterday, I drove mine to work to "excercise" it. I have driven it to work twice in the two weeks I have owned it.

In the two years I owned my Class C, I drove it to work ZERO times. :E
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
1,574 REPLIES 1,574

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Gave mine a good washing last Saturday. First time in about two years. 😞
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

nbking
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately, I sold my Roadtrek 19P last week. We decided that we should not travel alone anymore due to our age. Our daughter is retired now and is available to travel with us. We need a larger motor home to accommodate her.

On the hunt for a larger motor home now. A number of possibilities available. Just have to decide which one to purchase.

CamperVanCory
Explorer
Explorer
i finally made my youtube channel on my van and made a tour video of my campervan build https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54VB4VklaWs

Sebtown
Explorer
Explorer
Retired yesterday! Loaded up the B today, leave tomorrow for parts unknown with no predetermined return date. I am looking forward to piling the miles on my Airstream Interstate over the next many years. Glad to be free from the corporate shackles!!! Happy travels.

stan909
Explorer
Explorer
Just finished work on the van. My tally including labor came to $3600 with transmission included. I also found out Budget Transmissions replaced the transmission cooler. So Transmission cost $2206 with 2 year 24,000 mile warranty. The intake manifold gasket job (unfortunately not necessary but most common problem), new water pump, new timing chain cover (the culprit ),new radiator,hoses,belt cost $1400 this included $700 labor. My bro-inlaw save me at least $1500,maybe more.

eric1514
Explorer
Explorer
arm wrote:
Just finished building a Generator swivel mounting bracket off the passenger side of the rear frame hitch. Swings out of the way when opening the rear door.Holds the Honda EU2000i very well. Only sticks out 5" past the spare tire...so still at the 20' overall length and will not be over length for the ferry so still same price as a car. Generator locks to the bracket and bracket locks to the frame hitch. Will try to post a picture if I can figure out how to do it???

We need pics especially of how the swivel mounts to the hitch.
2006 Dynamax Isata IE 250
420 Ah batteries
400w Solar

arm
Explorer
Explorer
Just finished building a Generator swivel mounting bracket off the passenger side of the rear frame hitch. Swings out of the way when opening the rear door.Holds the Honda EU2000i very well. Only sticks out 5" past the spare tire...so still at the 20' overall length and will not be over length for the ferry so still same price as a car. Generator locks to the bracket and bracket locks to the frame hitch. Will try to post a picture if I can figure out how to do it???
2011 Roadtrek 190 Versatile
1996 Roadtrek 190 Popular
1990 Dodge 2500 conversion
1982 Dodge 1500 conversion

mycopsycho
Explorer
Explorer
Handed my Roadtrek 190P (2015) over to Denver Spring and Suspension today for them to do a 2.25" lift on it. Front coil springs from Valley Spring Works in CA. They will also install Roadmaster Active Suspension system for sway control...if possible. This would eliminate need to move Onan generator to install Hellwig sway bar. Biting my nails waiting to see results and hoping all goes well.

Last month I had a 100W solar panel installed. Great success and now no longer have to worry about house batteries draining.

I drive my Roadtrek all the time as a second vehicle.

BTW, what's this "drive to work" business? I have a vague recollection of having done something like that in another life. 😄
2015 Roadtrek 190 Popular
Prev: Arctic Fox 25R, Bigfoot 21, Bigfoot 19

stan909
Explorer
Explorer
Busy fixing it. Our 96 Coachmen Saratoga on a Dodge chassis developed water in th ge oil. Did an intake manifold. Thought it was fixed . Then had trans.rebuilt drove it home last week. Was going to take it on a test drive but upon checking the oil found water in oil again. Took off water pump. Found corrosion. Took off timing chain cover which also had corrosion and found hole in cover. Parts should be in today. Will report back.

Traveler7
Explorer
Explorer
Finished sanding the fiberglass bubble top and ordered decals to replace logos that will be painted over.
"We are not defined by our limitations, we are defined by our potential"

BudJ
Explorer
Explorer
Finally got around to adding second 12 volt group 27 battery, 05/04 Roadtrek 190P.

Bud

Reflex439
Explorer
Explorer
Nobody using their class B's so no postings? Or everybody using their class B's, so too busy to post? LOL

Took mine to the circus today. And yesterday, and the day before, and will tomorrow, and the next day, and the day after, .... Working for a documentary on the circus, and took the Roadtrek. Staying with circus across several states while filming. Interesting project, good people, and a great use for the Roadtrek.

thriftydutch
Explorer
Explorer
Installed a PD 9245 Progressive Dynamics charger converter last week. Now I need to buy 2 6volt batteries at a good price. If the new installation blows up the camper it will be my brother Peter's fault.

1990 L.E.R. Dodge B 250 Class B 17'

Travelin2
Explorer
Explorer
Installed a section of vinyl fence post under the van so I can carry two connected sections of the new style hoses with the plastic twist lock fitting on them. My van is a 2003 and it has a built in holder made from the regular 4 inch PVC pipe. It is made with 45 degree elbows which wouldn't allow the new style hoses to pass.
John & Gloria
South West, Florida
2009 Leisure Travel Serenity

Reflex439
Explorer
Explorer
I took my 190P out for an exercise. Spent the day at the beach exploring the Maine coast. Fixed more odds and ends while on the road (drawer latches, replaced curtain snaps, checked oil/trans/tires, etc). Also tried to troubleshoot why the refrig won't light on LP gas. Works fine in AC/DC. A task for tomorrow.

Had a great parking spot, ocean views from most windows. Was once again reminded why I don't miss my Class A. Watched a Class A come into the parking area and turn around and leave (a struggle on its own). No space big enough. Too bad as they really missed a great location to park and spend the day.

Heapie wrote:
Had a talk with a Massachusetts State Trooper about parking for the night in the Park and Ride lots..

Heapie, good to know as I live in MA as well. Thanks.