cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

BlackiceLSC
Explorer
Explorer
drove it from my storage space 200 feet away, around the block, and over to my driveway to try to get my furnace lit...unsuccessfully. (see separate post in Class C-ALL section). Lit the refrigerator and parked it back in storage until tomorrow when I'll load it up and take it for an over=nighter at the drag strip where we will race Sunday.

I hope someone can answer my post-it's going to be in the mid-30's over night, and no furnace ๐Ÿ˜ž

summerhouse
Explorer
Explorer
PIcked it up from American RV in Grand Rapids today. They finally were able to diagnose a thermostat issue we were suffering from. Intermittenly the thermostat would reset itself to 72 degrees, mo matter what we had it set on. Traced to a corroded ground wire at the frame.

Tonight is parked outside with the heater on, functioning nicely, and we're getting it loaded up for a family trip to Frankenmuth, MI tomorrow morning. Will meet some family there and eat at the Bavarian Inn. Then on to Bronner's CHRISTmas Store. It is the largest Christmas store in the world and we make a pilgrimmage there every year!!

May well be the last trip till spring. We already winterized it, so we will not be using the plumbing this trip!
โ€œLight hearted I take to the open roadโ€ฆ Healthy, free, the world before meโ€ฆ The long brown path before me leading me wherever I choose.โ€ - Walt Whitman

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
DARN, got the C ready for winter today, with the DW's health issues we probably won't be going anywhere this winter, maybe early next spring. Its suppose to be real warm tomorrow, so I want to finish waxing the C.
Bill
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax

webpro
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a Ford Diesel, you should have received a notice you need to take your vehicle to your dealer for a no cost repair. You should also not park it in the garage until you have it fixed, as it may cause a fire.

I took the RV and my pickup in this morning. Was out within about 10 minutes for each.

My notice came via mail, Saturday.

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
Ditto, Happy Thanksgiving to you folks!

Just arrived in San Diego, we're heading back first thing Thursday to start the Thanksgiving day festivities (football and turkey).
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon

Berticus
Explorer
Explorer
At last received my waste tank heater and I have cleaned the bottom of tank and then installed it. I added a switch to this so I can turn it off and on when I need it as it drinks a lot of battery juice to run while boondocking.

Happy Thanksgiving Day to everyone, Robert.
The Setup:
96' Serro Scotty 25'Dodge,4x4,Diesel,Class-C, 86 20' Chris Craft LTD.

mctabish
Explorer
Explorer
Talked to Ford dealer about getting my steering fixed, muffler fixed and check the brakes.(over 400 in labor alone....)

Ordered snowchains, ordered replacement fenders (from the last time I put on snow chains) and a new gray water tank.
Boy this hobby taxes your wallet!! I thought the State of Califoria was bad...

Heading from California to Florida and back, check out the Grand Caynons while coming back to California.

Planning on "Winterizing it" by taking it to Tahoe several times in the next few months! Just gotta make sure to put those darn chains on properly!!!

Just keep those BRIGHTS off while heading towards me and I will do the same!

Happy Thanksgiving to all in the US of A!

Bruce
Thank you,
Bruce

tomkaren13
Explorer
Explorer
Packing up for a Thanksgiving trip Tuesday to Saturday. Going to a CG where we have met nice people before. Hope those people are there if not we are sure there will be some others.

Berticus
Explorer
Explorer
Took off the aftermarket steering stabilizer(frozen and stud snapped off), Installed New OEM steering dampner.
Having a hard time finding a replacement for the aftermarket one and no one seems to have an idea. Best fit shock is at a local big-rig trailer shop and I will still after custom make a bracket at mine was a double stud and nothing is made with a doulbe stud.

after all that I decided to measure up and see if I can install 2 of my AGM batteries inside. Yep they will fit next to the water tank under the couch. Now got the figure out the wiring.

Laters, Robert.
The Setup:
96' Serro Scotty 25'Dodge,4x4,Diesel,Class-C, 86 20' Chris Craft LTD.

Ripsnort
Explorer
Explorer
Also found a boot tray at Home Depot, that fit perfectly in the bottom of the shower. Now our ski and snowboard boots will sit in the shower without scuffing the shower floor. (We use the shower stall as a dryer for coats and boots along with a ceramic heater while ski winter camping)

Ripsnort
Explorer
Explorer
Built a small box that fits under the step up of the entry door, so that the MH doesn't move when someone steps off the entry door step.

golferdhm
Explorer
Explorer
Just put Super Springs on my Born Free's rear axles (they fit over the standard Ford chassis springs). They are great. Improved ride and raised the rear over 2 inches, which will greatly help the rear end drag problem.
Golferdhm
05 Allegro Bay
Jeep Liberty toad

suerover
Explorer
Explorer
I just think about it. Rover is stored 4000 miles away in Amsterdam.
www.ourtravelswithrover.com
2002 24 RB Born Free/1999 23 RK Born Free

summerhouse
Explorer
Explorer
Am wondering today if the dealership has figured out and repaired faulty thermostat issue. Thermostat keeps resetting itself to 68 degrees no matter what we set it at. Has been at dealerhip for two weeks now.......second time in for same issue.

------------------------------------------------------------------
โ€œLight hearted I take to the open roadโ€ฆ Healthy, free, the world before meโ€ฆ The long brown path before me leading me wherever I choose.โ€ - Walt Whitman

BennieH
Explorer
Explorer
Put Stabil in the gas, Ran the genset and coach engine, washed and covered her up for the winter ๐Ÿ˜ž

Bob
Bob & Pam
2003 Monaco Camelot 40PBDD
Ford Edge or Chevy Silverado toad.

Post your Park Reviews at:
http://www.rvparkreviews.com/