cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

thebeach300
Explorer
Explorer
finished cleaning the inside and ran bleach and water thru my fresh water tank tomorrow i will finish getting ready for my first trip.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Replaced the "green cheese" bumper with one purpose built out of 3/8 inche steet.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

oldtrucker63
Explorer
Explorer
thebeach300 wrote:
bought class c 31ft. in may had some water damage replaced the rear wall below the window and pulled the window behind driver resealed.no roof leaks washed roof and sprayed a uv rated protector,cleaned all roof vents had fridge fix for elec.washed and wax.i think i have fix everything to date,also right after i bought it had oil and filter lube generator serviced i hape to make my first trip in a week.it is amazing how some people treat there large investment this mh look very good but i was shocked and the little things that were not kept up.
Cool I will ask like everyone else is going to, Hey ya got any photos of it......LOL Anyway welcome to the form
and good luck on your trip.
Without Trucks,....America Stop's

thebeach300
Explorer
Explorer
bought class c 31ft. in may had some water damage replaced the rear wall below the window and pulled the window behind driver resealed.no roof leaks washed roof and sprayed a uv rated protector,cleaned all roof vents had fridge fix for elec.washed and wax.i think i have fix everything to date,also right after i bought it had oil and filter lube generator serviced i hape to make my first trip in a week.it is amazing how some people treat there large investment this mh look very good but i was shocked and the little things that were not kept up.

Dan86300zxt
Explorer
Explorer
:C
"Bob..YOUR'E FIRED!!"
(lol, that was more fun....to resign, is like to retire...heheh)

Anyways..Today, got the NYS Safety Inspection done. I took the MH to a very critical place that is usually by the "BOOK" on everything.

~They simply checked all the lights(totally skipped the horn...why, I have no idea..it works fine) then rolled around under the thing with creepers and didn't pull any tires or lift it off the ground...just looked at the front rotors and pads with a tiny flash light from the inside of the wheel and visually inspected the sterring.

~Normally I ***** and moan because they are so critical..lol

(I was hoping they would saved me the hassles of pulling the rear drums to check the brake drums and shoes, but no....they were too busy eewing and awwing over the MH)

*So...I now need to check the rear brakes.

rehoppe
Explorer
Explorer
President of the Procrastinators Club here. Yup, it's gotten so bad that what I did last week I'm reporting today..

Changed the engine oil and filter, pulled the plug in the tranny pan and changed 5qts of tranny fluid. Added water to all 3 batteries and checked the air in the tires.

Went camping Monday Tuesday, and came back yesterday.

I guess now that i've reported my activities, I'll have to resign as Pres of the club?
Hoppe
2011 Dodge 1500 C'boy Caddy
2000 Jayco C 28' Ford chassis w V-10 E450
Doghouse 36' or so Trophy Classic TT

NavyChaps
Explorer
Explorer
Took it to Reelfoot lake, TN for the weekend.
2003 Winnebago Adventurer 33V, Ford 6.8l V-10, Stow Master 5000 Tow Bar, Blue Ox Patriot Brake System; Protect-a-Tow Toad:2012 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4/1992 Chev S-10.;)

sonicsix
Explorer
Explorer
oldtrucker63 wrote:
What are the Gutters,?? And where do you get them,?? Is it the white strip in the photo that is around the bunk window,?? I would like to find a full set of them.

Yes, it is the white strip around the window. It comes in a roll and you cut it to the lengths you need. Camping World has them as well as many online retailers. They are called EZE RV Gutters. See http://rvroadtrip.us/library/review_eze-rv-gutter.asp

oldtrucker63
Explorer
Explorer
I installed a new steering wheel today, Now if I only had the rest of the interior installed and put the carpet in and refinish the seat's, Also a good cleaning after all of that.:B

oldtrucker63
Explorer
Explorer
What are the Gutters,?? And where do you get them,?? Is it the white strip in the photo that is around the bunk window,?? I would like to find a full set of them.

sonicsix
Explorer
Explorer
Installed a set of refrigerator screens and added EZE RV Gutters to the big window by the dinette and around the side cab-over window.

EMD360
Explorer
Explorer
New bathroom faucet installed today. Fits pretty well.

New Scan Gauge II installed--still figuring it out.

Fiddled more with the new Turnigy and Power II meters. Turnigy seems to be working, but only getting battery charge on the other. Generator is on here so no watts are being used.

Also attached a 200 amp catastrophic fuse to the second battery bank.

Camping over the 4th, can't wait.
2018 Minnie Winnie 25b New to us 3/2021
Former Rental Owners Club #137
2003 Itasca Spirit 22e 2009-2021

oldtrucker63
Explorer
Explorer
JOMO wrote:
Knocked down the neighbors mailbox

Did ya leave them any mail.??:B

JOMO
Explorer
Explorer
Knocked down the neighbors mailbox

Dan86300zxt
Explorer
Explorer
Killed my "Kill-A-Watt" Meter today.....
๐Ÿ˜ž
*I was going thru a list I made of all the 120 volt items I have in the MH and was testing different combinations of items, to get a good idea of "do's and dont's" for when camping w/o any hook-ups.
Running the Heat function of the rooftop air and the water tank heater element, along with my boy playing video games= oops!!!
(by the time I walked back into the garage to check the total wattage and amperage on the meter...I heard it beeping and then...nothing..blank screen/done/dead/power lost to MH power cord)
**Time to pull apart the "kill-A-Watt" and see if its repairable.
-I am amused that the Coleman Rooftop 13,500 a/c on high draws only 1580 watts/13.45 amps. The heat function of the unit draws 1820 watts/15.30 amps.(It does quite well at warming the MH up though, so I won't complain too much)