cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

EMD360
Explorer
Explorer
I put in one bolt to make the plastic battery compartment stronger, smack in the middle of the plastic rim and the steel because there was no rubber seal in the way there. And then I tried to close the hatch, and whattayaknow? I had to notch the latch in order to lock the door again.:S

I did this little improvement just before we went off for our 4th of July trip, so not technically "today". But tomorrow I have to get it and clean off the haboob residue, yeah, learned a new word for dust storm.
2018 Minnie Winnie 25b New to us 3/2021
Former Rental Owners Club #137
2003 Itasca Spirit 22e 2009-2021

oldtrucker63
Explorer
Explorer
That is a nice looking unit, I like the screen/Monitor.
Without Trucks,....America Stop's

sonicsix
Explorer
Explorer
Installed a new backup camera and monitor! http://rvroadtrip.us/library/backup_camera_install.asp

chinook440
Explorer
Explorer
Raided the T.P. supply because of an emergency in the brick house ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

psk560
Explorer
Explorer
I checked the tire pressures, drained-flushed-replaced the 6yr old antifreeze, replaced air filter on generator, and changed the oil in the generator in order to get the rig ready for a long trip. Can't wait to hit the road.

Craig

SantaraMan
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced the leaking water control valve on the toilet. Always a fun time. But, it will be nice to keep the system pressurized now without having to worry about the toilet overflowing.
Don

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 QC w/4.7 Magnum V8 & Thunder Road Package
2012 Jayco Jay Feather Ultra Lite X23J

spikehorn
Explorer
Explorer
Just returned from July 4th camping at the home of friends, overlooking Lake Champlain. Arrived there early to get one of the two full hook-ups they have on site, nothing like providing for rving friends! Caught some fish, watched fireworks and over ate.

aeejbe
Explorer II
Explorer II
I first visited THIS thread in October, 2007. See post #13 on pg 1.
We've made righteous payments since then... ...but TODAY IS INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!

Coincidence??
Mailed in OUR LAST PAYMENT this morning. Yea!!
(Fireworks & Wine Tonight)

Dan86300zxt
Explorer
Explorer
Went for an overnight stay with the wife about an hour south of our home.(Twin Streams Campground Morris,PA)

~First trip ever with newly rebuilt MH~

*I knew I didn't want to utilize any secondary roads for traveling, but wife insisted this particular route was shorter. Saying the least, we had a "DUKES OF HAZZARD" experience... Things inside the MH flying around, front end of MH came off ground a couple inches and then suspension bottomed out, tires rubbed hard inside the wheel wells.
No Damage, just a big amount of excitement and a hard laugh afterwards.

Determined on this maiden voyage that I need to do 3 things to the MH.
-Headers,x-pipe,mufflers.
-upgrade to a 4 barrel carb and intake manifold.
-Get new shocks!!!
**Engine could use power upgrade and the original rebuilt 2 barrel carb is a wimpy thing that likes to flood when turned off after driving for a while.

rgrcpa
Explorer
Explorer
Began to pressure wash it to get the bugs and road dust off of it.
Rick Roberts
RV Part-timer
2002 Jayco Granite Ridge 32'

oldtrucker63
Explorer
Explorer
woodworker414 wrote:
GGGGEEEEZZZZ Hot and Humid here in the mid-country, oh well fall and winter are on their way. Right?
Replace the shock on the steering, the other just felt soft like it was not working right, the new one made a differencd, Patch a hole in the roof where a limb out of the neighbors tree fell and poked about a 1" hole trough the roof, I got lucky went up to the roof to clean it and found the hole before the next storm came through, also got lucky the branch hit right behind the sky light over the shower. Yep lucky!!! That big old tree maybe 70-80' tall, huge canopy, will be coming down in the next couple of weeks says the neighbor, some bad stuff up high and some rot at the base, there is a huge branch tore out by a recent storm that did not make it to the ground, hung up in the tree, good thing beccause it would have got the car or the C, maybe my garage also. Will miss the shade that this tree provides, now the C will sit in the sun most of the day, but won't have to deal with sap anymore and the C should stay cleaner.
Bill
I believe I would rather have mine in the Sun than put up with the Sap, I know I parked mine at my brothers house for 3 day's It was not tree sap but the brown spots was really bad on the roof, It washed right off but Looked real bad, I don't know maybe after sitting a long time it might have been harder to get off, Mine is in full sun light all the time also.
Without Trucks,....America Stop's

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
GGGGEEEEZZZZ Hot and Humid here in the mid-country, oh well fall and winter are on their way. Right?
Replace the shock on the steering, the other just felt soft like it was not working right, the new one made a differencd, Patch a hole in the roof where a limb out of the neighbors tree fell and poked about a 1" hole trough the roof, I got lucky went up to the roof to clean it and found the hole before the next storm came through, also got lucky the branch hit right behind the sky light over the shower. Yep lucky!!! That big old tree maybe 70-80' tall, huge canopy, will be coming down in the next couple of weeks says the neighbor, some bad stuff up high and some rot at the base, there is a huge branch tore out by a recent storm that did not make it to the ground, hung up in the tree, good thing beccause it would have got the car or the C, maybe my garage also. Will miss the shade that this tree provides, now the C will sit in the sun most of the day, but won't have to deal with sap anymore and the C should stay cleaner.
Bill
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax

Ponderosa
Explorer
Explorer
Put on the MaxxAir fan that I bought for another RV five years ago and never got around to putting on. Also put a little Dicor on some questionable areas.
2015 Thor Windsport 32N

W4MBG
Explorer
Explorer
started the repair on the back upper corner of the rv where a tree ran into it. ๐Ÿ˜ž and no, i wasnt backing out of a new parking location. honest! ๐Ÿ˜‰

no major damage, just lifted the rear trim extrusion off the top a bit. but now i have removed it completely to re-do the old repair in that area. all the sloppy sealant is coming off, and will be replaced with the correct sealant that does not come out from under the trim. and there will be no sealant smeared all over the top of the trim either. and i will use the correct stainless steel screws too.

all-in-all, a good opportunity to fix a poorly done previous repair job.
1999 Winnebago Minnie, 29', Triton V10, mostly stock. So far...

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

I added fans to the top of the chimney for the fridge--and raised the cover 3/8 " to allow for slightly better air flow.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.