cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

W4MBG
Explorer
Explorer
not today, but friday i drove it to work and back (55 miles) with the genny running the a/c for excersize. i try to do that once a month or so if we dont go anywhere for fun. great way to blow a weeks worth of gas out the tailpipe compared to my honda insight. oh well... ๐Ÿ™‚
1999 Winnebago Minnie, 29', Triton V10, mostly stock. So far...

snowdance
Explorer
Explorer
Road Princess wrote:
My husband took OTRA* in for her first oil change. Then he ran the generator to exercise it. He is gonna have to wash it before we leave on our trip at the end of the week. I'm gonna have to do some packing and housekeeping, too.

*OTRA is what we named our 2011 Coachman Freelander 21QB. It stands for "On The Road Again".

Wash it before the trip???? Our motorhome gets washed only after the trip. Guess we love it like our Subaru..

I installed new border in the kitchen and bathroom a week or so back. Installed a new high rise Faucet so our PUR water filter had a bit more clearance we use the same filter in both the house and RV so just move it back and forth. Our old faucet had a very small leak. Found it was a crack in the faucet between the outlet and hot water valve. Must have had some water left in it at some point in time or was that way from when it was made.

Made a complete inspection and found every thing in good shape. We use ours often for day trips so get a few miles on it. Most are in the high country so brakes ect need to be watched.

We are down to just trying to choose a color for the new carpet. We will both be very happy to see that old green carpet go. We are looking for a dark tan or light brown.

We have been working on it kind of steady for near a year now. It is parked on the cement area out side the shop and living room window so always just out the door to work or putter on. I am happy to say its looking very good and we love it far more than we ever thought we would. We spent a lot of time and money to find one we like. And after a number of trips where we had to spend a lot of time inside because of weather,(Oregon coast to watch the storms come in and high country snow) we can say we love it.
Snowdance

We spent most of our money traveling... Just wasted the rest..

Chevy 7.4 Vortex
2000 Jamboree 23b Rear Kitchen

http://www.flickr.com/photos/snowdance38

Road_Princess
Explorer
Explorer
My husband took OTRA* in for her first oil change. Then he ran the generator to exercise it. He is gonna have to wash it before we leave on our trip at the end of the week. I'm gonna have to do some packing and housekeeping, too.

*OTRA is what we named our 2011 Coachman Freelander 21QB. It stands for "On The Road Again".
Janet
Way-the-heck-south Texas

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
I missed it, took it to the Generator Dr yesterday. ๐Ÿ˜ž
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
Well we will be having a chat!!!!!! Some neighbor critter got up under the C and chewed not one but six holes in the gas line that brings gas from the chasis tank to the generator, I guess the critter likes rubber, and as you know a generator will not run on air. Yep we will be having a chat.
Replaced the orginal taillights with LED's, WOW, you better have sun glasses on when behind my C. HOLY COW, you could easily see these a mile away.
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax

thebeach300
Explorer
Explorer
put on a new trimark door lock today and graphited all basement storage locks next 4 tires and metal valve stems and valve extenders.

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
Just got back from a 3000 mile plus trip to Yellowstone, Little Big Horn, Devils Tower, Deadwood, Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse and others on the way. Only two problems on the trip Lost the entire muffler for generator no muffler available at the time so had a exhaust pipe fabricated for it boy is it loud but it worked. Second problem toilet started leaking from the back when flushed finished the the trip by flushing with a jug of water.
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

monika4555
Explorer
Explorer
Put the carburetor back and the motorhome purrs like a kitten now. Will drive around some tomorrow and off we go Friday. Will be my first trip driving the motor home. It's been a long time coming.

oldtrucker63
Explorer
Explorer
87mobiletraveler wrote:
Hello,new guy here,I done quite a bit of things to my class c since I've bought it,but I just joined this forum yesterday.maybe I can go back and start over, like I just got it.Last thing I did do was to put that Redmax Pro on it, it definitely made a improvement.oh and I fixed the tv antenna,the gears were bad,I was surprized that the gears were still availabile and cheap,about 15 bucks.I still have to learn how to posts pictures.thats all for now.
Althought Photobucket has changed a bit, Now all you have to do is hold your mouse over the direct link and it will copy with one right click, Here is a video of how you post photos on rv net Hope it helps

Photo posting.
Without Trucks,....America Stop's

87mobiletravele
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,new guy here,I done quite a bit of things to my class c since I've bought it,but I just joined this forum yesterday.maybe I can go back and start over, like I just got it.Last thing I did do was to put that Redmax Pro on it, it definitely made a improvement.oh and I fixed the tv antenna,the gears were bad,I was surprized that the gears were still availabile and cheap,about 15 bucks.I still have to learn how to posts pictures.thats all for now.

JesseJ1826
Explorer
Explorer
The old girl has been at the generator repair place for the past few days to take care of a hard start and sputtering problem. Today I got her back with a new carb. battery cable and oil change. Was expensive but she runs like a charm now. Now I gotta tackle a leaking city water inlet.
J J

2001 Four Winds Chateau 31N E450 V10
2006 Saturn Vue V6 AWD, drivetrain by Honda, body by Tupperware
Aventa II, Brake Buddy

okeehandyman
Explorer
Explorer
Removed all the "alligatored" sealer from around the four roof vents and fantastic fan frame, resealed/coated perimiters of those openings & installed vent & fan covers. Hopefully the covers will protect the lids as well as reduce the likelyhood of getting unexpected rain water in while away from the MH.

monika4555
Explorer
Explorer
Took the carburetor out of the 88 Chevy Honey Motorhome and bought it in to be rebuilt. Wiped down the inside of the motorhome and will finish loading it up so once the carburetor comes back we can finally leave on our long awaited trip.

summerhouse
Explorer
Explorer
Got back home from a week of camping and boating. Wonderful time on the Muskegon River near home. DH commuted back and forth to work a couple days and married kids and grndkids able to join us several days. I pulled into the driveway and decided to wash the bugs off the coach before I parked it in it's spot. Ended up spending 4 hours washing and detailing the entire exterior of the coach!! So relaxing washing and waxing and listening to the radio. Geez I love my motorhome!!
โ€œLight hearted I take to the open roadโ€ฆ Healthy, free, the world before meโ€ฆ The long brown path before me leading me wherever I choose.โ€ - Walt Whitman

braeworth
Explorer
Explorer
We added a Turbo Maxx fan to the bedroom vent. What a great investment!

braeworth