cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

thebeach300
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the quick reply i only have the step switch there.

cal47
Explorer
Explorer
Mines down by the steps on the left side next to the step shut off switch.
Cal & Donna
Starr (our Lab mix)
2000 FourWinds Chateau 31S
Rickson 17.5 Wheels and Toyo tires
Sani-Con Sewer Solution
Pressure Pro System
1996 Grand Cherokee Toad W/Ready Brake System
Rand McNally RVND 5510
Bigfoot Levelers

skimask
Explorer
Explorer
thebeach300 wrote:
just maybe i may get some help here nobody on tech forum answered my question, i have a 1998 fourwinds and cannot find a cutoff for my house battery don' know where they put it if it even has one.my smpke carbon and lp alarms stay lite till the battery goes dead it is a pain to take off the neg. cable and don.t want to keep it pluged in all the time.

How long does it take for the battery to go dead?
A smoke alarm, CO alarm, etc. doesn't draw very much current at all, much much less than even a single dome light.
Are you sure something isn't left on causing your dead battery issues? If not a weak battery itself?

thebeach300
Explorer
Explorer
just maybe i may get some help here nobody on tech forum answered my question, i have a 1998 fourwinds and cannot find a cutoff for my house battery don' know where they put it if it even has one.my smpke carbon and lp alarms stay lite till the battery goes dead it is a pain to take off the neg. cable and don.t want to keep it pluged in all the time.

NavyChaps
Explorer
Explorer
NavyChaps wrote:
Taking it back to the shop to have them re-repair $8000.00 delam work they did last December :(. They said labor was only warranted for 90 days but materials are for a year. Let's hope they say it was a failure of materials. I have no leaks but I think it is baking in the heat as it is the side that faces the afternoon sun. Bummer! Insurance will probaly still say it is a "maintainance" issue.

Got lucky, they fixed it on the spot. Believe it or not they said it was due to the heat! Said I should park it facing the other way so that one side doesn't always get the afternoon sun. Wow! They think the originalk de-lam was caused by same.:E May be time to invest in covered storage.
2003 Winnebago Adventurer 33V, Ford 6.8l V-10, Stow Master 5000 Tow Bar, Blue Ox Patriot Brake System; Protect-a-Tow Toad:2012 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4/1992 Chev S-10.;)

NavyChaps
Explorer
Explorer
Taking it back to the shop to have them re-repair $8000.00 delam work they did last December :(. They said labor was only warranted for 90 days but materials are for a year. Let's hope they say it was a failure of materials. I have no leaks but I think it is baking in the heat as it is the side that faces the afternoon sun. Bummer! Insurance will probaly still say it is a "maintainance" issue.
2003 Winnebago Adventurer 33V, Ford 6.8l V-10, Stow Master 5000 Tow Bar, Blue Ox Patriot Brake System; Protect-a-Tow Toad:2012 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4/1992 Chev S-10.;)

rgrcpa
Explorer
Explorer
Unbuttoned it and took it to get an inspection sticker. Passed as usual. Now, I will rebutton it for the duration of the summer.
Rick Roberts
RV Part-timer
2002 Jayco Granite Ridge 32'

snowdance
Explorer
Explorer
We needed to go shopping for the month and unlike those that just jump in the car and go to the mall we have to cross the Siskiyou Pass and into Medford Or. 50 miles north of us to shop. Nearest places in California are in Redding Ca. 100 miles south.

My wife drove and I got to be a passenger all day. Our first stop was AAA RV in Medford. We are having trouble with the water pump switch on the stove vent hood. So are using the one in the bath room now. Got a new switch cost $2.74.

Then across the street to the only Chevy dealer under 100 miles from home. Picked up 4 of the rubber bumpers for the doors on our 2000 Chevy. 1 was missing and two were just hanging. We try to be careful when we put the cover on the out side of the windshield because the strap goes under the top one on each side. Guess we took one off with the cover at some point. The plastic holder that holds the hood rod is broken and they did not have one. So got the number and will drop by the local Honda that was once our Chevy dealer (they can no longer look up parts as its all on line) and they will order it and I can pick it up here.

Then off to do some shopping at several shops and picking up the things we needed. Last stop Costco where we filled with fuel and picked up a bunch of stuff. Loaded the fridge and freezer and stacked lots in the motorhome.

Had a great lunch in the motorhome. Got some time on the Generator and AC. And crossed back over the Siskiyou pass in 100 degree temps. Happy to say the 7 mile 6 - 7 percent pull with the truck AC running did not make the temp gage move much. Engine fan kicked in a couple times but never to long. We run only the truck AC and open a vent in the back of the motorhome. It pulles the Cool air thru the motorhome and the temp inside at the back in the kitchen was 75 degrees when we got home. Not bad for a 100 + degree day.

Great trip Perhaps my wife will let me drive next time. Grin.
Snowdance

We spent most of our money traveling... Just wasted the rest..

Chevy 7.4 Vortex
2000 Jamboree 23b Rear Kitchen

http://www.flickr.com/photos/snowdance38

W4MBG
Explorer
Explorer
not exactly work done on the rv itself, but i had a section of the yard graded in preparation for a load of crusher run for a parking location next to the house. off the street and out of the front yard by mid-week!
1999 Winnebago Minnie, 29', Triton V10, mostly stock. So far...

rehoppe
Explorer
Explorer
Got to trouble shoot my Converter. Yup, it's not working. It's a Todd PC45b. Output zero. I started a thread on it. Advice/info needed. HELP Help help....I expect I need a new one, Todd is out of Buis. or at least the phone # is no good.

Not what I had in mind for today.

What the heck, took it for a ride to get some juice back in the batteries.
Hoppe
2011 Dodge 1500 C'boy Caddy
2000 Jayco C 28' Ford chassis w V-10 E450
Doghouse 36' or so Trophy Classic TT

EMD360
Explorer
Explorer
Finally installed a 30 amp outlet! Not on an RV post but this works for the RV electric cable. It was really difficult to fit the oversize wire nuts for size 10 wire into that small conduit box. I cut into a new line that was installed for a steam shower in the master bathroom. Now I can run the air conditioner and the refrigerator at the same time, (but not the steam shower!)
In case you are wondering, I drilled a 5/8" hole in the conduit box cover and pulled some excess wire down into the box. Then I used a conduit connecter ring and hose washers to screw the boxes together. The 30 amp cord is too thick for the corner opening, but otherwise I'm happy to have the new outlet and it's expandable cover.
2018 Minnie Winnie 25b New to us 3/2021
Former Rental Owners Club #137
2003 Itasca Spirit 22e 2009-2021

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced propane valve and regulator,generator muffler,oil change and new toilet.
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

sonicsix
Explorer
Explorer
I added a new MaxxFan in the living area.

snowdance
Explorer
Explorer
Today I pulled the grill on our 2000 Chev Jamboree and cleaned the bugs ect out of the radiator ect. Blew it out. The grill chrome is nice but the gray paint on the rest of it was faded so I got busy and cleaned it up and sanded it. Shot it with a satin black I had here in the shop. Came out looking nice. Sure makes the chrome stand out.

Then I polished the turn lights and replaced the bulbs as the yellow coating was falling off. Also cleaned and polished the yellow reflector and running lights on the side of the grill.

The motorhome is setting in the sun now so guess I will wait until the shade moves a bit and the afternoon breeze we almost always gets comes up. Usaly about 3 pm in the summer. It makes that 90 plus temp a bit easier to handle.

Its simple to install the grill and lights so should take about 15 min.
Snowdance

We spent most of our money traveling... Just wasted the rest..

Chevy 7.4 Vortex
2000 Jamboree 23b Rear Kitchen

http://www.flickr.com/photos/snowdance38

Davlor2
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for the Good Sam card. Planning a big trip in September.