cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

Handbasket
Explorer
Explorer
My Tiger hauled me to the private mountaintop observatory north of town that our astronomy club has occasional use of for a stargaze a few weeks ago. It's way out in the boonies, then up 4 miles of rough, steep road. We're allowed to camp after the stargaze, tho' I'm about the only one who does so regularly. This was the sunrise I was greeted with:.

To reward it ;), last week I spent part of three days waxing it all, including the roof. I used NuFinish, which works well on the OEM cab paint, the aluminum sides, and the gelcoat top. I'll put a 2nd coat on the roof in the next week or so.

Jim, "Ham and eggs: A day's work for the chicken, a lifetime commitment for the pig."
'06 Tiger CX 'C Minus' on a Silverado 2500HD 4x4, 8.1 & Allison (aka 'Loafer's Glory')

Navy_Smoker
Explorer
Explorer
Installed MAXAIR II Vent covers on the front and back Fantastic Fans. Checked all the engine and generator fluids, emptied, cleaeand and re-stowed the underneath storage compartments and inspected the tow bar and wiring for the toad. We are leaving on a trip this weekend.
Bill (CDR, USN (Ret))& Kathleen (retired homemaker)
Mingo & Maverick (Aussie Shepherds)
2016 Winnebago Vista
Competition BBQ Team Leader

snowdance
Explorer
Explorer
Changed oil and Filter. Greased it. Checked all the fluids. Ran the gen, oiled the motor ect on step.. Need to wash the salt off it from our coast trip last week and clean inside. Got to be ready for next trip in a week or two. Waiting for fall colors..
Snowdance

We spent most of our money traveling... Just wasted the rest..

Chevy 7.4 Vortex
2000 Jamboree 23b Rear Kitchen

http://www.flickr.com/photos/snowdance38

thebeach300
Explorer
Explorer
camping this weekend at state park there calling for rain?

MyBigDogg
Explorer
Explorer
Camco Hybrid Heat for my hot water heater, and new range hood exterior vent cover.

W4MBG
Explorer
Explorer
started on the cabover fix-up.
1999 Winnebago Minnie, 29', Triton V10, mostly stock. So far...

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
mwebber78 wrote:
Got home from work and had a sudden burst of energy.... Wrangled out the hose, bucket, granular cleaner, and brushes to clean the fiberglass roof and inspect the seams. I did the same thing in the spring - I was amazed at the three shades of disgusting the roof was......

To those who hesitate on cleaning and inspecting the roof, I discovered three places where the caulking was showing some cracking. It's a good reminder that even over a 6 month period, through use, the roof can require touching up.

Now time for some ibuprofen!

At our age we should take ibuprofen before starting chores....:B

Granite_Ridge
Explorer
Explorer
On your led flashers you need to place a resistor in line. Should be able to find where you got the LED If not I will try to find a link for you.

gearhead143
Explorer
Explorer
Finally got the room in the shop today to start buffing the roof, and nose. I already did the sides in the driveway over the last two weeks. What a job! I have over 30 hours in the sides working after work and what I could on the weekends.

I thought it looked good before, but now it looks great.

Hopefully I will have it done this week as I have a five day trip to Big Lave Lake planned for the first week in October along with a few weekend Crabbing trips.
2004 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 27P
1973 StarCraft 18ft Holiday
2013 Toyota Highlander
1997 Dakota 4X4 392 cid SC Small block

mwebber78
Explorer
Explorer
Got home from work and had a sudden burst of energy.... Wrangled out the hose, bucket, granular cleaner, and brushes to clean the fiberglass roof and inspect the seams. I did the same thing in the spring - I was amazed at the three shades of disgusting the roof was......

To those who hesitate on cleaning and inspecting the roof, I discovered three places where the caulking was showing some cracking. It's a good reminder that even over a 6 month period, through use, the roof can require touching up.

Now time for some ibuprofen!
2013 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS
Disclaimer for the daft: Don't confuse my opinion with facts.

John_and_Marsha
Explorer
Explorer
Last week, we pulled the gas tank and had it cleaned and relined. It is now guaranteed for life never to rust or leak. We picked it up yesterday and between us, wrestled it back into place under the chassis. Today we will reinstall it. We added a new sending unit and all new hoses from the tank to the carburetor.

Hopefully that will fix the stalling problem that kept this motorhome parked for the last 10 years.

In meantime, we installed new headlights, new fuses, new vacuum lines, belts and hoses.

I sanded an painted the rear bumper. Added new channel tape along the passenger side where it was missing.

Navy_Smoker
Explorer
Explorer
Well my first Dicor fix didn't completely solve my problem. We had some torrential rains today and I can still feel a lttle moisture in the fron right corner of the roof. Guess I'll be back uo ther tomorrow looking for other problems. It's a good thing a bought 3 extra tubes of Dicor yesterday in anticipaton of thorough inspection the end of Ocober.
2016 Winnebago Vista

thebeach300
Explorer
Explorer
heading out this weekend to state park to relax.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Rinsed the black tank for about 20 minutes while I was pumping water into the gray water tank from the on board water tank.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Navy_Smoker
Explorer
Explorer
Started with a test drive with the toad hooked-up, all went well. Then did an internal inspection after a rain storm and found that I had a leak on the extreme edge where the cab-over section is joined the rest of the body, so I made a temporary fix with duct tape. I'll be on the roof early tomorrow to fix it with Dicor so that we can leave on a 4 day trip Monday. Eternabond may be in my future.
2016 Winnebago Vista