cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Used it as a bedroom and then took it to my housekeeper for cleaning.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

4BeachCampers
Explorer
Explorer
Earlier in the week I finished putting Smart Tiles in the Kitchen... Easy to install and looks GREAT!

2005 Ford Four Winds Chateau Sport 28A

ashiepoo84
Explorer
Explorer
We've been busy busy lately getting ours all ready to go. We installed a new shower head, a new outside light, mounted a tv, pulled out the old shag carpet and replaced it with a vinyl tile. I made all new curtains for it and we repainted the old stove top.
Ashleigh and Tyler
Our 3 youngins and 3 fur babies

"Uncle Buck" our 1979 24' Dodge Sportsman/Cameo

sask66
Explorer
Explorer
Put some thin cedar paneling(Menards) in the closet back walls, (2) and the (2) drawers of the 06 Aspect 26A. Measured twice and cut once (for the most part) and got the appoval of the boss'ete.(Wife) Celebrated the project with a Martini in the MH (parked in the driveway). Now ready for the three Grand daughters for a night of camping this weekend. Hope the weather shapes up.

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
Checked the right rear back-up light which had gone out. Discovered the bulb was good but the socket wasn't making contact. Bent the wires on the bulb and all is well. checked the other side and bent those wires too. The bulb was like an oversize 921 bulb, never seen one before.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

Roach_Coach
Explorer
Explorer
Refinished the oak drink holder from the cab of the RV. I forgot to take a before picture, But the old finish was peeling off and there were water ring stains where the bottom of the drinks sat.

Lou

1993 Four Winds Class C 29'

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
tenbear wrote:
Put the finishing touches on my home made generator exhaust stack (Genturi) and put it on the MH for a test. Ran the generator with the AC on full for almost an hour and the stack got only warm, nowhere near hot enough to cause a burn. Very happy with it. I'll use it at the Rally in a few weeks, make my neighbors happy.

Congratulations! Wish more people would do the same. Get tired of smelling the fumes.

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
Put the finishing touches on my home made generator exhaust stack (Genturi) and put it on the MH for a test. Ran the generator with the AC on full for almost an hour and the stack got only warm, nowhere near hot enough to cause a burn. Very happy with it. I'll use it at the Rally in a few weeks, make my neighbors happy.

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the new purchase. I am sure you will have many great memory and make lots of great new friends using the C. Have loads of fun.
Bill
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax

ghsebldr
Explorer
Explorer
Bought it. My first Class C. 2004 Minnie 32g. woo hoo

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced the connectors on the wiring between the MH and the toad.

Navy_Smoker
Explorer
Explorer
Washed it, waxed it and filled it with gas for our trip to the beach next week. Also installed a Scangauge II so that I can monitor RPM and transmission temperature.
Bill (CDR, USN (Ret))& Kathleen (retired homemaker)
Mingo & Maverick (Aussie Shepherds)
2016 Winnebago Vista
Competition BBQ Team Leader

Roach_Coach
Explorer
Explorer
This is my first post as a new member on this forum. Also new to RVing. Bought a used (1993) Four Winds Motorhome a month ago and have browsed this forum many times for info. The way things are going, I could post something on this topic every day!

Today I replaced the chassis battery. It was dead just as we were about to leave our campsite this weekend. Thankfully, I got a jump and it started right up!

Also today, I found a bad splice in the wire under the dash that is the lead for what I think is the battery isolator solenoid. Had the solenoid worked as it should have, I'm assuming I could have started with the dead battery using a boost from the coach batteries.

Unfortunately, this coach was used and it didn't come with a whole lot of information, so I'm in the process of drawing my own schematics.
Lou

1993 Four Winds Class C 29'

taylorgso
Explorer
Explorer
Installed Toad-Charge System on Forest River Solera and 2007 Mazda3. Not a difficult install except for trying to crawl under the coach. Don't have leveling jacks, so drove the coach up onto leveling blocks and raised one side. Found out I need to lose a few more pounds if I want to slink around under the coach.

I use magnetic lights on the toad. Power/signal cord is installed permanently under carpet into front of engine compartment. My next project is to install a quick disconnect in the trunk area so I can remove the lights during off season without having to remove the power/signal cord.

I like this arrangement. With the Toad-Charge system I'm able to leave the toad's parking lights on while underway. I use a drop in brake that activates the toad's brake lights. So, while underway I have 4 taillights on all the time, and 5 brake lights when braking. I like the extra visibility with this system.
Ed (N4RWU) & Becky Taylor
Mistie (Walks Four Down)
2014Thor Tuscany XTE 40GQ

Handbasket
Explorer
Explorer
In the past two days, I have replaced the old Elixir ELX30 'battery boiler' converter with a new WFCO 8740, and all 14 of the old roof clearance light lenses with new ones.

The Elixir gave up the smoke at 7.5 years. Only issue with the replacement was having to sit cross-legged in a tight aisle for about 6 hours, and having to cut a little bigger hole. Had to change the wiring very little.

The new clearance light lenses were a really cheap way of freshening up the appearance of a rig that's lived outside for its whole life. I think they were $0.64 each. The old ones weren't just dirty inside, they'd turned slightly cloudy. Even parked in the daylight, the new ones sparkle by comparison.

Jim, "Make three consecutive correct guesses, and you've suddenly established a reputation as an expert."
'06 Tiger CX 'C Minus' on a Silverado 2500HD 4x4, 8.1 & Allison (aka 'Loafer's Glory')