cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Last week, I bought a Mr. Heater Big Buddy for girlfriend's Class C. We used it Saturday as we stayed over night via a Halloween party. Yes, we had both air vents cracked etc. ๐Ÿ™‚ It did a great job.

See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

aeejbe
Explorer II
Explorer II
Retired the 30ft-30Amp shore power cord today - After 11 yrs of faithful service.
Replacement cord came from Amazon.com. They have the best price.

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
Today my Itasca 31C came out of the warehouse that it has been sitting in since early June of 2014. I bought it (it needed a total cabover rebuild) and had it towed to the warehouse, almost seventeen months ago. I drove it for the first time and was quite pleased with how smooth and quiet it was at speeds up to 75MPH. Now I just have to sell it. :B
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Installed my Progressive Industries American Made EMS-HW30C
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

jaycocreek
Explorer II
Explorer II
Was ready to head to the hills for some stealhead fishing last week and the refer started freezing everything in the lower compartment.Okay,new thermistor right,well it semi worked but propane would not ignite then and it did before..Okay,new board..Yay,Everything works better than before now but what a pain and delay it was and especially in cooler weather where the refer is less than cooperative.

This was a good learning experience having only replaced a cooling unit in the past.
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

Sqdancecaller
Explorer
Explorer
Put in some of our summer clothes that we want to take to Florida with us now that cooler weather has hit us. Trying to get a jump on the loading process. The countdown has started... only 64 more days till departure!!!!
2013 Thor Chateau 32 ft.

BillHoughton
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not today, but recently (2007 Itasca Navion 23H):

1. Installed molly bolts - extra short ones because of clearance issues in the wall cavity - for more substantial anchoring of the thermostat to the wall. The existing sheet metal screws in 1/8" plywood had blown out the holes, and the thermostat kind of wiggled every time we moved any of its controls.

2. Added pad eyes at the back edge of the "grandchildren's bed" over the cab, to anchor a cargo net, since we use this bed as storage (don't know what we'll do with all that stuff if we ever get grandchildren).

3. Installed an exhaust hanger on the generator tailpipe, which was hanging out there unsupported over its entire length, just aching to vibrate loose and fall off.

JesseJ1826
Explorer
Explorer
Did the pink stuff thing, filled up with fuel along with Sta-bil, ran the generator. Winter is coming - depressing.
J J

2001 Four Winds Chateau 31N E450 V10
2006 Saturn Vue V6 AWD, drivetrain by Honda, body by Tupperware
Aventa II, Brake Buddy

Nevadastars
Explorer
Explorer
Just got back from a trip after installing a rear Hellwig sway bar and WOW what a difference. A lot of it was on a 70mph two lane highway with lots of trucks. Big rigs no longer upset the chassis when coming the opposite way and just a slight push when they are passing me from the rear. So, I just ordered a Hellwig front sway bar to help even things out. Soooo impressed with just the rear I am giddy........lol.
2016 Forest River Wildcat Maxx 262RGX 8,268 UVW 11,754 GVWR
2007 Ram 2500 QC SB 4x4 Smarty tuned 5.9 Cummins
B&W Turnover Ball & Andersen Ultimate

Kit_Carson
Explorer
Explorer
klutchdust wrote:
Kit Carson wrote:
klutchdust wrote:
Replacing non-skid on running boards, in doing so I located a loose bracket /splash guard that I believe is the source of an

annoying occasional rattle. Always sounded like it was from under the dash on the drivers side. Going to silicone between the

guard and where it mounts and then go one size larger with the mounting screws and adding flat washers with rubber seals on them.
Klutchdust, I have ordered the anti-skid mat to replace on my MH. Question....did you remove the sticky residue before installing the new mat? I should be getting my part in the next couple of days and will be doing the replacing.

Well, when I got the coach the existing non-skid was removing itself a little at a time. I pulled it off, cleaned the area with acetone. If the adhesive is clean and still

tacky i see no reason to remove it . Mine was mostly gone already and some of it had dirt in it.
Thanks for the reply. Most of mine will still be tacky, so that is good. The part that is gone I will do as you did and clean it with acetone. I am thinking of using a wallpaper roller to be sure it is pressed down good. Thanks again for the reply and safe travels to you.
KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kit Carson wrote:
klutchdust wrote:
Replacing non-skid on running boards, in doing so I located a loose bracket /splash guard that I believe is the source of an

annoying occasional rattle. Always sounded like it was from under the dash on the drivers side. Going to silicone between the

guard and where it mounts and then go one size larger with the mounting screws and adding flat washers with rubber seals on them.
Klutchdust, I have ordered the anti-skid mat to replace on my MH. Question....did you remove the sticky residue before installing the new mat? I should be getting my part in the next couple of days and will be doing the replacing.

Well, when I got the coach the existing non-skid was removing itself a little at a time. I pulled it off, cleaned the area with acetone. If the adhesive is clean and still

tacky i see no reason to remove it . Mine was mostly gone already and some of it had dirt in it.

Kit_Carson
Explorer
Explorer
klutchdust wrote:

KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II

tpi
Explorer
Explorer
1. Replaced the OEM 19" Jensen TV with 28" Vizio LED/LCD TV. The original equipment Jensen LCD was all housing-and not much picture. It drew 60 watts, the new one rated at 20 watts.

2. Changed oil in Onan generator.

KristinU
Explorer
Explorer
Applied Eternabond tape to the roof seams and accessories up top.
Cheers!
Kristin
2008 Winnebago Chalet 31C
My camping party: me, DH, DS, and 2 DK9s
Our Blog: www.winnieadventures.blogspot.com