cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

Wayne67vert
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced all the brake parts on the rear of my E450.
Rotors, Calipers and pads.
Bled the lines and it's good now.
Passenger side was metal to metal grinding the rotor to almost 1/2 its stock thickness.
Pep Boys had a 30% off online orders, saved me a bunch.
2002 Holiday Rambler Atlantis 24 ft, 67 Mustang convertible, 38 Chevy farm truck

AJR
Explorer
Explorer
Three inches of rain here. So I went out in the rain and used dryer sheets to remove the bug splats. Very easy in the rain.

I also ordered a new Brake Buddy as the old one had a short in it. A short bad enough to melt the power connector over time.

I did an autopsy and man they sure have a lot on their logic board. Something smelt burnt. But nothing looked burnt.
2007 Roadtrek 210 Popular
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

jaycocreek
Explorer II
Explorer II
Had to re-wire the trailer plug for my ATV trailer in the field.I found it easier to just cut the wires and re-wire it with a new 4-way plug rather than mess with the old one that worked one minute then not.

Atleast I got to finish my trip without any tickets.

Five Rhino loads to fill my sons HD2500....

I good week in the Class C with great scenery at 65-7000 feet.

The Onan 4K did not want to start/run right without manual adjusting at that altitude yet my Honda did.
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
woodworker414 wrote:
bukhrn, water in the bowl is a good thing.:)
Yes it is, & I learned a lot, the job is not that hard,and the seal isn't what I thought it was.
I thought it was just a rubber O-ring, in fact it's a giant rubber washer.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
bukhrn, water in the bowl is a good thing.:)
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Replaced the flush ball seal in the toilet, water actually stays in the bowl now. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

ericsmith32
Explorer
Explorer
tenbear wrote:
JesseJ1826 wrote:
On a recent trip I discovered that fuel was spilling out from somewhere on the top of the gas tank when refueling. When using a jerry can there was no spillage. A little research on the net turned up a few instances where the fuel hose was deteriorating near the top close to where it is fitted to the tank, causing leaks when fuelling under pressure. Off to a local RV repair place where it was discovered that in my case it was the vent pipe that went bad. Today I got it back after coughing up 760 bucks. Replaced both the filler and the vent hoses, gasoline rated hoses are really expensive. The biggest chunk of the bill was for labour as the tank had to be dropped to access the old hose connections. Also had lube, oil and filter done.

Very timely post. I just discovered gas leaking from my tank/fill line the last time I filled the tank, yesterday. Haven't had it looked at yet.

Grandparents had to have the same done to their E450. I have issue's on occasion with mine.. don't know if it's the pump or something wrong with RV. Guess if it's not leaking won't worry about it!
2005 Jayco Escapade 28ZSLP (3500 Chevy chassis)

The_RV_Snowman
Explorer
Explorer
It's in and it works... so quite and fast firing compared to my 1994 unit! Ha love it... going to be a long cold winter here in Mammoth.

The_RV_Snowman
Explorer
Explorer
Installing one of the last Atwood 8525 furnace's... ps the new AFM model that replaces this unit does not fit.

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
JesseJ1826 wrote:
On a recent trip I discovered that fuel was spilling out from somewhere on the top of the gas tank when refueling. When using a jerry can there was no spillage. A little research on the net turned up a few instances where the fuel hose was deteriorating near the top close to where it is fitted to the tank, causing leaks when fuelling under pressure. Off to a local RV repair place where it was discovered that in my case it was the vent pipe that went bad. Today I got it back after coughing up 760 bucks. Replaced both the filler and the vent hoses, gasoline rated hoses are really expensive. The biggest chunk of the bill was for labour as the tank had to be dropped to access the old hose connections. Also had lube, oil and filter done.

Very timely post. I just discovered gas leaking from my tank/fill line the last time I filled the tank, yesterday. Haven't had it looked at yet.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

JesseJ1826
Explorer
Explorer
J J

2001 Four Winds Chateau 31N E450 V10
2006 Saturn Vue V6 AWD, drivetrain by Honda, body by Tupperware
Aventa II, Brake Buddy

Horizon170
Explorer
Explorer
Finished moving the bedroom TV from front BR wall to rear BR Wall. Re-routing cable was a slow process. Now I have to figure out how to cover the 3/4" hole left on the front wall-----------------maybe a blank plate?
Marvin

2010 Coachman Freelander 22TB on a
2008 Sprinter/Freightliner chassis
1995 Geo Tracker (Toad)

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
We are headed out on our {4th}, annual northern California adventure on Monday {we like to depart on Labor day as everyone else is headed home}. Plan on being gone about a month and doing around 2,500 miles. Will visit friends in Nevada City/Grass Valley, relatives down the road in Penn Valley and attend my best friends daughters wedding out near Pt Reyes before heading back down the California coast.

Took the Nexus down the road to the local Jiffy Lube this morning and had them change the oil {7,000 miles and 10 months since the last change}, I always use pure synthetic and had them replace the original differential fluid {36,000 miles on the coach}, again with pure synthetic. Also had them drain, flush and replace the coolant. Five years of mostly southwest cruising takes its toll on coolant. Aired up the fronts to 60 and the rears to 65 and was good to go.

Using a couple of coupons and showing up early I was the first and only customer. With three guys working while I watched {supervised?}, they got it all done in about 40 minutes and was out the door for $265.

On the ride home I stopped at O'Reilly's auto parts and put in a new engine battery for the V-10. The old one at 5 years was the original and it was definitely time to replace. They had the original Motor Craft as a replacement for $156 with a nice long warranty {I replaced the two group 27 house batteries, also 5 years old last month}.

Can't wait to get back out on the open road for a good long trip. We plan on heading up through Flagstaff continuing on up to Jacob Lake for our first stop. Day two will find us west and north bound up into Utah where we will pick up "The loneliest road in America", highway 50, to cross Nevada. Day three will see us through Reno and up over the Donner Pass dropping down into Nevada City/Grass Valley where the fun really begins...

:B

ronfisherman
Took cover off. Getting it ready for a trip after Labor Day.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cleaned out cupboards to rotate my soup collection, nothing planned for the next few weeks. Glad I did a scrub after last trip, the coach smells fresh and

clean and ready to go.