cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

W4MBG
Explorer
Explorer
drove it to work and got some propane on the way.
1999 Winnebago Minnie, 29', Triton V10, mostly stock. So far...

NavyChaps
Explorer
Explorer
Changed the transmission fluid. I love transmissions with drain plugs!
2003 Winnebago Adventurer 33V, Ford 6.8l V-10, Stow Master 5000 Tow Bar, Blue Ox Patriot Brake System; Protect-a-Tow Toad:2012 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4/1992 Chev S-10.;)

oldtrucker63
Explorer
Explorer
H3OHIO wrote:

If those windows are sliders flush out the weep holes.

I checked those out and found a wasp or something built a mud nest under the rubber gasket that goes around the window frame, so I cleaned out all the mud. I also found right above the window near the roof that the trim had come lose and was pushed up, so I pushed it down and re-caulked the trim. Hopefully the leak was one of those issues, I guess we will see in the next rain storm!
Use a water hose, Don't wait for the rain Because If it still leaks It could rain for 3 or 4 day's....:S
Without Trucks,....America Stop's

H3OHIO
Explorer
Explorer

I checked those out and found a wasp or something built a mud nest under the rubber gasket that goes around the window frame, so I cleaned out all the mud. I also found right above the window near the roof that the trim had come lose and was pushed up, so I pushed it down and re-caulked the trim. Hopefully the leak was one of those issues, I guess we will see in the next rain storm!
2013 THOR ACE 29.2 ................... 2007 HUMMER H3

Ernie_Fergler
Explorer
Explorer
A truely sad day for me today. I said goodby to my 1995 Coachmen Santara. I sold the old girl, and watched another man drive her away. On a lighter note, Ill pick up my new 2012 Sabre 31CKTS fifth wheel in 2 weeks. Sure will miss that old C though. Ernie
2016 Ram 3500 dually, Aisen, 4.10 gear, 4x4, 8 ft bed
2020 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
2013 arctic fox 990>"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should."

Replant
Explorer
Explorer
H3OHIO wrote:
Changed the engine oil, oil filter, and air filter. I also fixed a leak at one of the water heater connections, I was going to check into a leak on the side bunk window and wash and wax but the rains came. Hopefully we can get out soon for our first trip in our new to us 24' Tioga!

H3OHIO
Explorer
Explorer
Changed the engine oil, oil filter, and air filter. I also fixed a leak at one of the water heater connections, I was going to check into a leak on the side bunk window and wash and wax but the rains came. Hopefully we can get out soon for our first trip in our new to us 24' Tioga!
2013 THOR ACE 29.2 ................... 2007 HUMMER H3

Replant
Explorer
Explorer
Saw the inner side of the Thetford AM IV commode housing. Yuk :E What a crappy design. (No pun intended). Instead of the waste dropping directly into the black tank, it is free to enter the unit's housing, mingle with the mechanism and maybe fall into the tank. I found not only filth but also a leak which could allow fumes to enter the bathroom. When I inverted the commode and filled the housing with water, it should have stayed full but it quickly poured out of the rinse water outlet into the bowl. If water can find it's way from the inside of the housing to the bowl area surely fumes can too.
Are all RV commodes built like this? :R I'll probably have to buy a new water valve, if that's causing the leakage. Maybe I should put the 50 bucks or so into a better designed unit.

Usmc68
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced all shocks with HD Bilsteins and front Stabilizer shock. MUCH better ride ๐Ÿ™‚ for a 1994 with 43,000 miles. Now I have to get the transmission checked. Seems to slip quite a bit while on the road. Have to check ABS light as well. Comes on when it feels like it!

Dan86300zxt
Explorer
Explorer
Replant wrote:
mwebber78 wrote:
Crawled under the coach this weekend to undercoat all the framing and braces from future rusting. I found this useful on previous campers so I figured it'd apply to a motorized unit as well. Found quite a bit of surface rust on all the underside where the frame was extended and other tid-bits. Coated with RustOleum Rust Transformer on Saturday all the spots that had surface rust. Finished up today with RustOleum Rust Stop black semi-gloss. Looks great, protected from future rust, and converted any existing rust!

I know it seems anal but I want this thing to last!

I can't seem to find RustOleum Rust Stop. Could the product be RustOleum Stop Rust? They claim it can be sprayed directly over rust. Then why use Rust Transformer? I'll have to buy it by the case. My rig must have spent some time in a few feet of water.:M

If it was my rig, I would use Rust Mort. I have used this product on several restorations I have done and it works really well.(I have use a number of other products too that don't match up even close to this product, hence, why I am recomending it)

*If you are going to go through the effort, might as well use a proven hardcore product that will get deep into the metal and do what it is supposed to do. Rust that you see is the product of oxidation(whats left over....) and what you are trying to "kill" is at the surface level of the metal underneath all that you can see visually.

-Rust Mort will creep deep into everything and stop any further progress. Even the worst rusty crustation of rust will be "locked" when you use Rust Mort.(Google it for more info)

There are alot of products out there that you can spray on that treat the surface that you can see, but they don't seep paste the outer layers very well and pretty much, you are just covering over rust.

Replant
Explorer
Explorer
mwebber78 wrote:
Crawled under the coach this weekend to undercoat all the framing and braces from future rusting. I found this useful on previous campers so I figured it'd apply to a motorized unit as well. Found quite a bit of surface rust on all the underside where the frame was extended and other tid-bits. Coated with RustOleum Rust Transformer on Saturday all the spots that had surface rust. Finished up today with RustOleum Rust Stop black semi-gloss. Looks great, protected from future rust, and converted any existing rust!

I know it seems anal but I want this thing to last!

I can't seem to find RustOleum Rust Stop. Could the product be RustOleum Stop Rust? They claim it can be sprayed directly over rust. Then why use Rust Transformer? I'll have to buy it by the case. My rig must have spent some time in a few feet of water.:M

Maddawgs
Explorer
Explorer
Bought it- pick up the 2011 Itasca Cambria 30C this afternoon.
Todd
Todd, Shirley, and the "Maddawgs" min-pins Precious and Buster Brown
2011 Itasca Cambria 30C
2011 Demco KarKaddy 460SS
TST 507 RV TPMS
"if there is anything left when we are gone, then we miscalculated"

bill257
Explorer
Explorer
I took the RV to dealership for oil and filter change,also tires rotated.Getting ready for the trip to Minnesota.

TobinZeke
Explorer
Explorer
Installed new PD4655 Inverter smart charger and also bought new house batteries. Upgraded from Group 24 to Group 27 before first trip of the year...

oldtrucker63
Explorer
Explorer
Hey that is a great ideal there, I need to look into building a small box inside that old fridge door because I will be using a 110 volt fridge too, so I too can add a gas line for an outside grill, It would be a small box just under the bottom bunk bed and would work good, Thanks.
Without Trucks,....America Stop's