cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

EMD360
Explorer
Explorer
All in one day? It took me two days last weekend to remove 2 muffler plugs from the generator, blow out the spark arrestor and put the plugs back. Today I tested the generator and it seems to work without shutting off by itself! Pics in Tech Issues.
Also installed a couple of rear view cameras--one does not reverse, that really seems odd to see the yellow lines on the wrong side. But it is possible to see if someone is behind me. The reversing one is a license plate holder. Strung one wire under the coach with plastic wire zips and one wire through the coach behind the couch and closet and along the pipe runs behind the toilet and shower up to the kitchen cabinet. I guess I'll post that in Technology Corner. I'm still trying to figure out what posts should go where!
Rebolted the stovetop cover on its hinges--it had worked loose.
Installed a screen door bar too--it does seem as if it will protect the plastic that we usually grab from breaking over the long run.

I also cleaned the refrigerator and noticed the top trim has a little crack near the screw, not sure if I should try to glue that or not. Tried to get the stains out of the carpet with a steam cleaner.
Checked the tire pressure with a new digital reader--it was about 65 all around. That is higher than what is posted on the door sticker but it was pretty hot today. We are getting ready for a trip next weekend!
2018 Minnie Winnie 25b New to us 3/2021
Former Rental Owners Club #137
2003 Itasca Spirit 22e 2009-2021

skimask
Explorer
Explorer
-Installed new fuel lines, new electric fuel pump, filters before and after the pump, oil pressure switch for fuel pump cutout, toggle switch for bypassing the oil pressure switch if needed
-New plugs, wires, cap, rotor, new ballast resistor, new ignition module (old ones are spares now)
-Manufactured a new battery tray and supports
-New battery cables and basically all new primary wiring because I was in the area anyway
-Replace the starter relay, old one is a spare now
-Installed a good external tranny cooler inline with the radiator cooler
-Put the air conditioning box back up in the dash since I can't do anything with it now anyways
-Put the instrument panel back in the dash after cleaning up the wiring a bit
-Rolled the rig back about 2ft to keep the tires from flat-spotting while it sits there while I work on it
-Changed the oil/filter, changed the tranny fluid and filter, swapped out the air filter
-Flushed out the coolant system as best I could. Couldn't get the bolts out to replace the thermostat, didn't want to turn on them too hard in case I break them off. I'll wait until the thermostat breaks, then deal with it
-Pushed a couple of pints of fresh brake fluid up thru brake system, right rear done, three to go
-Lubed up all the cables for the hot/cold, defrost, air flow on the 'climate' control box
-Lubed up the parking brake cable
-Lubed up the whole front end
-Flushed out the rear diff
-Moved the outer rear tires so the valve stems weren't in the same place. A friend suggested that if a rock got caught between the two tires, it might take out both valve stems at once, so maybe it's a good idea to have the valve stems 1/2 way around from each other. Good idea...
-Swapped out the incandescent headlights for halogen headlights (old ones are spares now)

This has been a long day...and I got another one just like it on tap for tomorrow...

JDG

JesseJ1826
Explorer
Explorer
Got her out of the shop, lube, oil change, tranny fluid change, new Monroe shocks. Have to arrange emmission test next week.
Spend, spend, spend, - never seems to stop.
J J

2001 Four Winds Chateau 31N E450 V10
2006 Saturn Vue V6 AWD, drivetrain by Honda, body by Tupperware
Aventa II, Brake Buddy

Chardonnay
Explorer
Explorer
Cleaning our 2007 Jayco Greyhawk, getting ready to make a trip, however, cannot figure out why the electic awning will not work.
Chardonnay
2007 Jayco Greyhawk 31SS

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you've been taking." ~Earl Wilson

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
I just took this picture for another thread - it shows my 18" X 24" "cafe" pedestal dinette table and our relocated 15" LCD-TV

The TV is mounted on a swing-out arm; in this picture, it's in the stowed-for-travel position
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

ALnCORY
Explorer
Explorer
Yes Ron, Very nice looking job....

Dropped mine off at the tire dealer for new treads and shocks... getting it ready to head to Denver next month.
I don't think anyones dying statement ever contained the words "I wish I had spent more time in the office", so lets go somewhere!

Ripsnort
Explorer
Explorer
nice work ronfisherman!

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
Just unloaded the RV from the weekend trip...back to the storage lot : (
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon

ronfisherman
Finished install of Allure flooring in our MH. Got rid of all the carpeting except for slide. Also replaced all the cheap vinyl. Need to get all the stuff back in place that was removed during install.

2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

jakedaddy
Explorer
Explorer
I fixed the drawer under the refrigerator. After 10 years, the staples had pulled out, causing some small items to get "lost" over time as the bottom would drop just enough for stuff to slide or roll out as we drove. Some wood glue and screws later (I HATE staples), and we're as good as new again.
2000 Jayco Designer 2730W
6.8L V10/4R100 (Ford E450 Chassis)
Owensboro, KY
"Livin' Large on a Small Scale!"

Westronics
Explorer
Explorer
Fixed the door locks. A wire came out of the after-market remote key entry wiring harness which kept the locks from working even at the physical switch.

Now they will lock and unlock, instead of only locking.

Dutchmen95
Explorer
Explorer
Noticed that I had a delamination problem on the front of my cabover. Pulled all of the moldings off and raised up the fiberglass...lucky no front window to work around. I rebuilt the front clip. Tomorrow I hope to glue everything back down and attach the moldings back. So far the job has gone extremely well. Wish me luck !!

JesseJ1826
Explorer
Explorer
Changed out the leaky kitchen faucet. Ran the generator with air on to keep cool. I find keeping cool reduces the number of four letter words.
J J

2001 Four Winds Chateau 31N E450 V10
2006 Saturn Vue V6 AWD, drivetrain by Honda, body by Tupperware
Aventa II, Brake Buddy

jrdr653
Explorer
Explorer
Walked into my unit (It was 108 here today)it felt cooler in the rig, We are getting ready to head to the mountains next weekend, Blue Ridge Resevoir
http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/coconino/recreation/mog_rim/blue-ridge-boat.shtml
98 Tioga 22E Ford V-10 22,000 Miles, Wife, myself and our dog.
We are enjoying our 27 years of life together.....

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
Finally got the antenna rebuilted, works fine, all new parts, the previous had wiped it out and really did not know how to use tools. Great at computers, but bad working with tools. Also fixed the eclectric steps, had decide that the ground was compromised, turns out the magnetic switch on the door jamb was bad, this switch is in the ground line and breaks ground when the door is closed. Steps work fine now. Black switch is a normally open switch, a white switch is a normally closed switch. Something I didn't know.On the Kwikee steps.
Bill
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax