cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would you rather have?

Spizzer
Explorer
Explorer
Okay all, thought I would pose a question to gain from all of your knowledge again.

Given condition, $$, and extras being equal ( and all around 34-36 footers), what would you rather have:

2010 Bounder Ford or WH
2010 Winnebago Adventurer Ford or WH
2008 - Winnebago Journey - DP
2008 - Tiffen Allegro DP

And DP being a bit heavier chassis of course.

Thanks for any thoughts and input.

jeff
Jeff
Retired AF, retired contractor, really retired!
2007 Winnebago Journey 34H 350hp Cat
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Toad with Air Force One
38 REPLIES 38

JimM68
Explorer
Explorer
totally agree with busskipper. If you can handle the buyin on a DP, you will never regret it.

Floorplan is still key tho. If the floorplan doesn't fly for you (or your DW), you will never be happy.
Jim M.
2008 Monaco Knight 40skq, moho #2
The "68"
My very own new forumfirstgens.com

My new blog

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
Winnebago Journey. We have a 2002 Itasca Horizon, The Journey's twin.

Spizzer
Explorer
Explorer
Busskipper wrote:

JohnnyT has it all together -- but I'd think you would be much more satisfied with the DP, JMHO, and I've had one of everything out there with a motor in it. (not every model but almost every Class)and there is nothing like a DP.

BOL,

After a lot of weighing all the factors we are teetering on making the plunge into the DP. Just rides so nice. Thanks for your input.

Jeff
Jeff

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
JohnnyT wrote:
Knowing your plans and preferences on how you are going to use the motorhome would be a bias on which one I would choose... I would pick the Bounder (Ford)if going the Gasoline powered route, and the Journey if I was going the DP route.

I would pick the Journey over the Tiffin because I think that they are better engineered and Winnebago has the best documentation of any manufacturer I have any knowledge of. I would pick the Bounder because I have friends that own them... see a lot of them in our travels and have yet to meet anyone would was not happy with their Bounder.

The floor plan will have a great influence on your overall satisfaction

JohnnyT

JohnnyT has it all together -- but I'd think you would be much more satisfied with the DP, JMHO, and I've had one of everything out there with a motor in it. (not every model but almost every Class)and there is nothing like a DP.

BOL,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

Spizzer
Explorer
Explorer
CW5DJSRES wrote:
Tiffin make a great coach and I think they stopped making the FRED in favor of the Allegro RED. I have the Allegro Bay 34 XB FRED and have no real complaints. If you can buy new, the new 34 AA is a great short floor plan

Thanks for the info.

jeff
Jeff

CW5DJSRES
Explorer
Explorer
Tiffin make a great coach and I think they stopped making the FRED in favor of the Allegro RED. I have the Allegro Bay 34 XB FRED and have no real complaints. If you can buy new, the new 34 AA is a great short floor plan
Dennis Ruth and Boots the wonder dog
2006 Allegro Bay 34XB

Peralko
Explorer
Explorer
If I was looking for a short coach, I would go for a 37-foot Country Coach Allure.
Peralko
USAF Retired
2000 Prevost Marathon H3-45
2006 Nissan Maxima

the_silverback
Explorer
Explorer
I have had 2 winne adventures and have been very, very pleased with both of them. I have been thru the Rockies many times, no problem at all. That being said if the journey has a floor plan that suits you better go for it. There is a reason that Winnebago is the leading manufacture of MH's. Also check out the WIT motorhome club.
the silverback
2015 crossroads Rushmore 5th wheel

Spizzer
Explorer
Explorer
nemo45 wrote:
Didn't think you could get a DP in an Allegro. MY choice would be the Winnebago Journey.

Found out afterward that is a FRED in the Allegro.

Jeff
Jeff

Spizzer
Explorer
Explorer
sowego wrote:
The Tiffin. We've had our Phaeton since new in 2002, have had great service from Tiffin and will be keeping ours until we retire from traveling!

If you are the guy with the garage size issue...I'd take any rig you are considering on a test drive home and be sure it fits in the garage! What would worry me is the angle of the entrance...your nose will be high until those back wheels are level with the front.

That is me with the garage.....I'll be making sure what I get fits. The Tiffen I know is too high.

Thanks, jeff
Jeff

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
Spizzer wrote:
Okay all, thought I would pose a question to gain from all of your knowledge again.

Given condition, $$, and extras being equal ( and all around 34-36 footers), what would you rather have:

2010 Bounder Ford or WH
2010 Winnebago Adventurer Ford or WH
2008 - Winnebago Journey - DP
2008 - Tiffen Allegro DP

And DP being a bit heavier chassis of course.

Thanks for any thoughts and input.

jeff

I'd go with WH for the gas pullers, as long as it had the GM 8.1 Vortec and 6 speed Allison tranny. The DP's would be a matter of floor plan preference and other amenities, although I would probably choose a Cummings over a Cat if there's a choice there.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

nemo45
Explorer
Explorer
Didn't think you could get a DP in an Allegro. MY choice would be the Winnebago Journey.
Don Niemeyer
2006 Gulf Stream Tour Master T40A
2011 Chevy Equinox LT1 Toad

EricGT
Explorer
Explorer
I have very limited knowledge on the class A's but from what I have been researching it seems to me the Winnebago has more amenities than the Fleetwood. JMO
2015 Thor A.C.E. 30.1 -'AliCE'

sowego
Explorer
Explorer
The Tiffin. We've had our Phaeton since new in 2002, have had great service from Tiffin and will be keeping ours until we retire from traveling!

If you are the guy with the garage size issue...I'd take any rig you are considering on a test drive home and be sure it fits in the garage! What would worry me is the angle of the entrance...your nose will be high until those back wheels are level with the front.
2002 Tiffin Phaeton
2005 Malibu Maxx toad