cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where is the tire pressure sticker hiding?

B_s
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2004 Georgie Boy Cruise Master and cannot find the sticker that states what the tire pressure should be. Can anyone tell us where to look for this sticker? We have looked behind doors, drawers, etc. anybody know where it might be.
17 REPLIES 17

Alan_Hepburn
Explorer
Explorer
abc40kids wrote:
Alan_Hepburn wrote:
abc40kids wrote:
Best pressure is the max pressure located on the tire.

...IF the tire is carrying the maximum rated weight for that tire. While it is indeed safer to be over-inflated rather than under-inflated, it is definitely NOT the best option. Over-inflation can result in a rough ride, and cause excessive tire wear in the center of the tread.

Max pressure based on the sidewall info is always the best option. Now if you've upgraded tires to a heavier load rating than your rig came with it won't be nesesary to go to the max. If your wheel can handle the pressure max air will make your tires last longer and help reduce chance of blow-outs.

I must respectfully disagree with this statement. Case in point: my motorhome. According to the sidewall on the OEM tires the minimum pressure for the maximum rated load is 110 psi. According to the data plate in the rig the front tires should be run at 95 psi and the rears are at 90 psi. That is what I run them at because I haven't had the opportunity to get the rig weighed. I suspect I can lower the pressure even more once I get the rig weighed. Running them higher causes the handling to go to pot.

Running tires that much overinflated causes the center of the tread to wear out faster, causes poor handling, and can, in fact, be a cause of blowouts rather than reduce the chance of a blowout. Over-inflation makes the tire stiffer, making it more likely to be "bruised" by impacts that would be harmless if the tire were properly inflated.
----------------------------------------------
Alan & Sandy Hepburn driving a 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E on a Workhorse chassis - Proud to be a Blue Star Family!
Good Sam Member #566004

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
mowermech wrote:

It can't be on the drivers side door jamb, 'cuz there is no driver side door!

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

et2
Explorer
Explorer
CloudDriver wrote:
The best answer for proper tire pressure is to have the RV weighed, then set tire pressures per the tire manufacturer's load/inflation tables.

The Michelin RV Tire Guide has lots of good info.

^^^^ this. I was having wandering and hard ride on our new MH. Weighed it and the tires were aired to almost max pressure. Aired them down to the weight based pressures. What a difference. Much easier to hold between the lines and way softer ride.

Our factory pressures are on a sticker behind the driver seat on the wall. And they are higher than what it should be based on the actual weight! So weight your MH, it only cost $10.

abc40kids
Explorer
Explorer
Alan_Hepburn wrote:
abc40kids wrote:

...IF the tire is carrying the maximum rated weight for that tire. While it is indeed safer to be over-inflated rather than under-inflated, it is definitely NOT the best option. Over-inflation can result in a rough ride, and cause excessive tire wear in the center of the tread.

Max pressure based on the sidewall info is always the best option. Now if you've upgraded tires to a heavier load rating than your rig came with it won't be nesesary to go to the max. If your wheel can handle the pressure max air will make your tires last longer and help reduce chance of blow-outs.
Jeff,Julie,Amber,Brandon,and Casey and Winston ( our 5 year old Golden ) and Bruno the Pug. We now have an English Cream, white Golden Retriever as well.
2015 Keystone Montana Mountaineer 356TBF
2005 Chevy duramax dually

jadatis
Explorer
Explorer
On the sticker probably also the GAWR's ( gross axle weight ratings) , this is what the axles may carry maximum by law. So they probably are yust as hard to find for you.

So if you have them and also the GVWR ( gross vehicle weight rating) , then you can fill it in my motorhomeRVtirepressurecalculator and it uses the GAWR front +5% and rear+18% in the calculation of the needed pressure.
You also need the tire-data, wich you find on that sidewall already written about here.
Weighing per axle is always better, or better even 4 point weighing.
Then you could be surprised how much the rear axle is overloaded.
This is not allowed by law, but if you then use the advices of the sticker you have to low pressure and get tire-damage.
So then calculating it with my calculator is better .
It can give higher pressure then written on the sidewall, but that pressure is not the maximum pressure of the tire and is called the reference-pressure in the official formula sheet of the ETRTO ( European TRA, further Pr). Pmax = 1.4 X Pr I once concluded of a list for higher maximum load for lower speed ( standing still 2 times max load at 1.4 times Pr).
Even rigid TRA allows 10 psi more then Pr for LT tires and 20 psi for truck tires ( when is it a truck tire?).

Here the link to a map on my skydrive, in wich spreadsheets to calculate, but if you cant work it out, give the needed data ( if you ever can find them) and I will do it for you.
First download by RIGHT-CLICKING

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Stop looking.. Run it across a scale (Each wheel) log the weight on that wheel and look up the pressure on the tire maker's web site.

Two pressures that are ALMOST guaranteed to be WRONG. (NOTE the word ALMOST, sometimes they get lucky)

1: The sticker
2: The sidewall.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

crabbin_cabin
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mine is beside the drivers left ear (on the wall LOL)!

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
Road Dog wrote:
Sit in the drivers seat. There should be a placard where your left elbow is! No,max pressure on the sidewall is not the correct pressure. That is disinformation! Weigh your coach when you can. Until then, use the wall plac.

Yep, that's where mine is, on the wall by the driver's seat.
It can't be on the drivers side door jamb, 'cuz there is no driver side door!
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

Alan_Hepburn
Explorer
Explorer
abc40kids wrote:

Alan & Sandy Hepburn driving a 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E on a Workhorse chassis - Proud to be a Blue Star Family!
Good Sam Member #566004

Alan_Hepburn
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:
Look on the side wall of the tire near the edge of the wheel/rim.

...and you'll find the minimum pressure required to carry the maximum rated weight. This is NOT the pressure required to carry the weight of your particular RV.
Good Sam Member #566004

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:
Look on the side wall of the tire near the edge of the wheel/rim.
X-2, It has to be on the sidewall of the tire as required by the Feds. You might need a flashlight and a magnifing glass to read the tire pressure on the sidewall they can be in small print! You also can look up your tire pressure specs on your tire manufactures website.

Road_Dog
Explorer
Explorer
Sit in the drivers seat. There should be a placard where your left elbow is! No,max pressure on the sidewall is not the correct pressure. That is disinformation! Weigh your coach when you can. Until then, use the wall plac.

abc40kids
Explorer
Explorer
Jeff,Julie,Amber,Brandon,and Casey and Winston ( our 5 year old Golden ) and Bruno the Pug. We now have an English Cream, white Golden Retriever as well.
2015 Keystone Montana Mountaineer 356TBF
2005 Chevy duramax dually

Moved from Forum Technical Support