Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

speed ohmeter is fast

99 Fleetwood tioga ford E350, V10. Is it normal for the speed/o to read fast on motor homes. Ours compared to the GPS reads 5 MPH fast. At 70 MPH the GPS says 65MPH. The GPS is accurate, have had it for several years and compared it with our other 4 ...

kwplot34 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

The 'sweet spot'....

I've seen several posters indicate that they have found the 'sweet spot' with their engines.How do you know?My thoughts are that the sweet spot is traveling in the highest gear at the lowest speed? How do you determine your 'sweet spot' for your eng...

Mr_Mark1 by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

chevy gear heads

I have a 1996 p -30 chases with a 454 J code engine. It will start up and run fine (engine cold). After the engine warms up engine will crank but makes no attempt to fire. I drove rv from storage to the house (about 20 miles) backed into the drive....

booty51 by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Sprinter Conversion Planning - MTB/Camping Build

So I am planning within the next year to purchase a Dodge sprinter and build an RV conversion to be used for mountain biking and camping trips. Would be hauling 1-4 people (in their 20s so elaborate sleeping condition is not important). 1-2 dogs and ...

alexk243 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Is this "normal" number of problems with motorhome?

Let me begin with the idea that this is not a "let's bash the manufacturer" thread. I am curious about whether or not the number of repairs/issues I have had with my motorhome is typical.Itasca Ellipse 42QD (same as Winnebago Tour) purchased new in ...

Retdep by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

wipers have a mind of their own

So a few things happened on our trip last week to Fl. Got my first stone chip which manifested itself into a crack about a foot long (working with the insurance guys to replace it), I noticed that of all the interstates on the East coast, VA is by fa...

Effy by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

12 Volt Water Pump Replacement

My 12 volt Shurflo water pump has crashed (won't shut off and is leaking) . It is a 2088 422 144 2.8 gym 45 psi. I cannot fine that one. Anyone know what has replaced that model ? I found one that is 3gpm, 55 psi with a different model number...

USMC46 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble with my Motosat dish

Having trouble with my Motosat dish. Seems to be locking on the wrong sat. I use Dish Network and I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be locking on 119 but it shows it's locked on 128.Any ideas to try before I spend $900 for a new RF Mogul controller?

katoomer by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

2008 Coachmen Cross Country 383 FWS - Manual

We are taking delivery of our first Class A next week, paperwork completed and dealer is prepping. (we negotiated a new electric awning in the deal) This is our 4th RV (Pop Up, Travel Trailer and 5th Wheel) but our first USED RV.The salesman doesn't...

lakebum by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

What octane gas to use

The 07 Gulfstream BT Cruiser we recently bought has a chevy 6 litre engine. The check engine light started coming on after about 2 hours on every trip we've taken . I plugged my code reader in and said using incorrect fuel. I was using 87 octane, so ...

malojeer by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Transmission oil cooler

HI All, I have a 1989 Itasca class C motorhome, it has a 460 Ford motor with auto trans. I had the air conditioner in front evacuated and new refill fittings installed. In front of the radiator is the air conditioner coils and in front of that is the...

Hot Water Heater Odor

I have been dewinterizing and flushing the anti freeze out of the lines and hot water heater. I have flushed the hot water heater for about an hour and it still seems to have a stale odor. Is there some way to get rid of the odor?ThanksTerry

Leaf Springs

Anybody undertaken the job themselves to replace leaf springs on their F53 chassis? Considering doing the job myself since I can't seem to get a truck shop to call me back. Is it a driveway job or am I looking at a death wish?

10forty2 by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Special Drivers License

Those of you that have Class A's, do you have to have a special drivers license? If so did you have to prove you know how to operate your rig to the DMV?