Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why would anyone want an outside TV?

silvercorvette
Explorer
Explorer
I have been looking at "A"s on line.

After I sell my house I plan on trading the 5ver for an A and full timing it.

All the As that most dealers have in stock new and used have ann outside TV. I do not understand why anyone would watch TV outside (other than a baseball or football game).
If the weather is nice outside I would rather take the dogs for a walk or do some kind of physical activity such as horse shoes. I can understand why a outside shower is useful and a outside stove are nice but I prefer a charcoal grill. But sitting outside watching TV seems useless, heck I would rather people watch (watching people walk by).

Outside TVs must be popular because almost every A that I see has one but I was wondering if many people on this forum have a outside TV and if you do, do you enjoy having it?
2014 4 WD Silverado 403 CI diesel long bed dually, B&W hitch with 95 Gallon Auxiliary Fuel Tank, pulling a 33 foot Holiday Rambler Alumascape suite, Winegard SK-3005 TRAV'LER slimline dish, Splendide 2100 XC washer dryer, TST Tire Pressure monitor system.
169 REPLIES 169

Kittykath
Explorer II
Explorer II
MagillaGorilla wrote:
Picture this: 10 fat guys go tailgating for the Patriots game. Everyone is outside eating, drinking and watching the 1:00 game on the outside TV. Lots of beer and chili being consumed for 4 hours before the game starts. Would you want to be inside the RV with these guys or outside?

Welcome to my world.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

MagillaGorilla
Explorer
Explorer
Picture this: 10 fat guys go tailgating for the Patriots game. Everyone is outside eating, drinking and watching the 1:00 game on the outside TV. Lots of beer and chili being consumed for 4 hours before the game starts. Would you want to be inside the RV with these guys or outside?

Welcome to my world.
Magilla

2005 Holiday Rambler Admiral 37' Gasser

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Makes me happy I'm in Quartzsite BLM. Neighbors hundreds of feet away, silent as death at night. TV? What TV?

Camping is soooo much easier on the ears when you get the heck AWAY from people and all their irritating habits.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Gotta have the ball game on.

See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

Wishbone51
Explorer
Explorer
MagillaGorilla wrote:
Wishbone51 wrote:
MagillaGorilla wrote:
Here are some reason the outside TV is nice:
A: Sporting events - tailgating.
B: Want to watch the game but don't want to be stuck inside
C: Have the kids/grandchildren with you. They want to watch TV but you want to sit by the fire at night. Now you can do both.
😧 Spouse #1 wants to watch TV. Spouse #2 wants to be outside. Everyone is happy.
E: You want to check tomorrows weather but don't want to stay inside to do it.
F: Its night time, you want to chill and watch Netflix but hate to sit inside.
G: It's just another gadget that you think you might like.

Do your two spouses get along? 😛

Edit: Took me a second.. Now I understand :h

Its never a good day when your wife meets your girlfriend. 😛

Hence the TV in two different locations. Smart move!
2017 Jayco Jay Feather 25BH
2004 Nissan Titan

MagillaGorilla
Explorer
Explorer
Wishbone51 wrote:
MagillaGorilla wrote:
C: Have the kids/grandchildren with you. They want to watch TV but you want to sit by the fire at night. Now you can do both.
😧 Spouse #1 wants to watch TV. Spouse #2 wants to be outside. Everyone is happy.

Its never a good day when your wife meets your girlfriend. 😛
Magilla

2005 Holiday Rambler Admiral 37' Gasser

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately, people judge. This is sad, as usually any RV'er I've ever met has been pretty nice, whether in a tent, Popup, TT, or Monster Prevost.

Haters gonna hate.

Back to the OP, I don't have an outdoor TV, but I can appreciate it. I would probably watch one if I had it.
2013 ACE 29.2

William_B
Explorer
Explorer
I think the has morphed into an area of I've got more than you do and don't tell me what to do. Instead it is as simple as common courtesy. Nobody cares if you're watching your TV inside or outside as long as your neighbors don't have to hear it as well. Goes for music or whatever even flood lights lit all night long disturbing everyone around you.
Full timing since 2004
2007 Holiday Rambler Navigator 45' DD Series 60
2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Limited

Our Blog

RognBon
Explorer
Explorer
We wouldn't want one, but not because I'm opposed to them. We have never turned on the two we already have inside. We are both avid readers and seldom watch tv even when we're home.
RognBon
1997 Monaco Dynasty 40'
Cummins 8.3 325 HP
2008 Ford Edge Toad

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
atreis wrote:

As for attempting to categorize people based on camping style - not a good approach.

Amen. I've been working in a campground since March, and the "Class A = a**h*** & Travel Trailer = Mensch generalization just didn't hold up.

Nice people & jerks seemed to be pretty evenly distributed among RV types -- mostly nice by the way.

However, I have noticed "reverse snobbery" -- i.e., I'm a great guy because I don't have an outdoor RV, an expensive RV, yada yada . . .
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35’ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41’ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31’ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Two Jayhawks wrote:
Nah that "lonely old man" is on this thread earlier talking about how he did YOU a favor talking to you. Ha just kidding 😉

Superb
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35’ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41’ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31’ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Wishbone51
Explorer
Explorer
MagillaGorilla wrote:

2017 Jayco Jay Feather 25BH
2004 Nissan Titan

Vapor_Trails
Explorer
Explorer
So you’ve got a Class A MotorHome and you're Ok with:

•Gas & Electric Water heater – Check
•Onboard generator – Check
•Microwave – Check
•Oven – Check
•Gas Stovetop – Check
•Refrigerator – Check
•Flushing toilets – Check
•Multiple sinks – Check
•Shower – Check
•Furnace – Check
•Air Conditioner – Check
•But, you draw the line at a television?

Watch out for low flying airplanes up there on that high horse!
2018 Ram 2500 CCSB, 4x4, 6.7, 3.42
2019 Grand Designs Momentum 25G
2020 RZR Pro XP Ultimate
A day without fusion is like a day without sunshine.

jeepfreak
Explorer
Explorer
It' the volume that mostly at fault. Although did have one on the site next to us at Disney's Fort Wilderness, the tv was on for a weekend with 2 chairs set up and never saw anyone there.
2007 Allegro 34wa Workhorse 8.1, Allison 6-speed. Bow Tie powered 79 CJ-7 Toad or 2014 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon Toad

Kittykath
Explorer II
Explorer II
When we used to seasonal camp, some of my favorite days were sitting outside with my sewing machine, a glass of wine and as much daytime trash on TV as I wanted. No nearby campers to bother and hubby still at work. I miss those glorious, guilty pleasures.