cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Window awnings

dtgunner7
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone installed window awnings and who did purchase from, and would you buy from them again??
16 REPLIES 16

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
Zip Dee also makes great window awnings.
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

falconman
Explorer
Explorer
Girard makes power window awnings. They can adjust to whatever height you need via
a switch or remote. My neighbor has them. Pretty slick but I'm sure they are expensive.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mine came with the Care Free awnings. I agree they do block the view but the alternative is to have the sun heating up the interior.
Mine only take a few seconds to deploy or retract so it is not that big of a deal to change them as the sun moves and leave them retracted in the evening.

sailor_lou
Explorer
Explorer
CG Dawson wrote:
I got mine from Camping World and installed them myself, not real difficult.

Same here. At the time Camping World provided the best on-line price I could find.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy

the_vfox
Explorer
Explorer
This is a great site for do-it-yourselfer's

http://thervgeeks.com/

They should have a video about installing awnings.
Fox and Angel, fuzz ball cat and crazy Yorkie :S
Don't call me on the weekend, Im out camping.:C
2001 Itasca Horizon DP 36LD 330 Cat and all the bells and whistles
Go Blue, US Air Force(retired)25 years ๐Ÿ™‚

creeper
Explorer
Explorer
Had them on 2 previous coaches and loved them. Not only for shade but the ability to leave the windows up when it's raining.

On our new coach we have dark tinted windows and MCD day and night shades inside and it works very well. We have those new style flush mounted windows that only open on the bottom third so we can leave the windows open when it rains.

Don't see a need now to get the awnings. But I'd either get the MCD or awnings if we didn't have the new style windows.

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
We bought from camping World for our Class C! Wife and I installed them ourselves....
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

Jerry_Keller
Explorer
Explorer
I had camping world install awnings not too long after I bought the MH. They matched patio awning color and coach color. They're great; would do it again.
Jerry Keller

2006 Bounder 35E, W22

dtgunner7
Explorer
Explorer
Looked at Shade Pro, they have both mid window and 2/3 window, they look nice and are 10% off right now...

Deano56
Explorer
Explorer
If they don't come down far enough, then they will not block out the sun, if you want to see the campground around, then you better leave them up, they are to keep you in the shade

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
DSDP Don wrote:
They came on my previous coach from the factory. I really liked how they looked. My only issue was that they blocked our view. When they were closed, you could sit at the sofa look out the window with an unobstructed view. When they were open, they came down so low, that you could only look down at an area a few feet out from the coach. Monaco did the install of the ones described above. If you decide to install them, be mindful of having them come down too low.

We use an appropriate length ball bungee strung through the awning strap and then hooked to where the strap normally hooks. This allows the awning edge to be that much higher and improves the view considerably and it's vey easy to do.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

MrWizard
Some makers have TWO sizes of window awnings
The super/ long comes further down over the window
Provides more shading and obscures the view more
It's all a matter of choice shade from the heat , or unobstructed viewn
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

CG_Dawson
Explorer
Explorer
I got mine from Camping World and installed them myself, not real difficult.
Happy RV'ing!!

Greg & Jackie
2003 Bounder, 32W / Ford V10 / 2 Slides
Toad: 2004 Saturn L300, Brake Buddy

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
They came on my previous coach from the factory. I really liked how they looked. My only issue was that they blocked our view. When they were closed, you could sit at the sofa look out the window with an unobstructed view. When they were open, they came down so low, that you could only look down at an area a few feet out from the coach. Monaco did the install of the ones described above. If you decide to install them, be mindful of having them come down too low.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab