cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window fog

wjschill
Explorer
Explorer
We are still shopping around for a class a. We've looked at or read about several coaches that had to have their windows replaced due to the seal breaking on the insulated type.

We've been mostly looking at 2005 thru 2010 models. Was there a mfg flaw during this time frame to cause so many failures?

Thanks,

Skip
KillingTime
21 REPLIES 21

ADAD437
Explorer
Explorer
everybody talking about suncoast, has anyone tried darin thomas in sebring florida? they say they have a different aplication that is much better. i am looking at going there in the winter.

James,Gail & Pancho
2005 georgie boy Pursuit

😛

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
FloridaRosebud wrote:
Suncoast Designers in Hudson, FL repaired ours. WAY less money than new windows.

Al

I have had a couple of windows repaired at Suncoast Designers. There prices are very reasonable and they have a lifetime warranty on their work.
2018 Miramar 35.3 Motorhome
3 fur kids (Monty, ZuZu and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy, Petie, Lola)

howdy35
Explorer II
Explorer II
Had my two front windows repaired at RV Fog Doc in Searcy, Arkansas. Parked at their shop the night before. They took it in first thing the next morning and we were on the road by three that afternoon. They have several electric hookups at their shop which you can use. I was very happy with the job. May have others worked on at a later date.
1999 National Tradewinds 7370
2014 Honda CR-V--Toad
Fulltime

supercub
Explorer
Explorer
Dual pane windows in RV's is a terrible idea. First off you have a giant windshield up front that isn't dual pane. Unlike a house, your motorhome is being shaken, rattled, and rolled while going down the road, hence the seals will leak. Don't fixed the dual pane windows by resealing, because in a few years, they'll just leak again. There are companies that will replace the dual panes with a thicker single pane window and you end up with about the same insulation factor and guess what............you'll never have a window leak again. The cost is about the same as resealing.............so it's a Win Win situation.

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good info posted here! Fortunately, I haven't had any dual pane window problems since purchasing our rig in 2018. But, if I were to have a problem, I would not want to replace one with a single pane window. Dual pane windows are so much better in terms of not having condensation problems, and they definitely reduce noise. Our Bay Star is our first rig with dual pane windows, and combined with the wall construction used by Newmar, we were really surprised at how well noise is blocked.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

goff1256
Explorer
Explorer
If you plan on keeping the coach do it right the easy way the first time get solid paint replacement glass I did in Glendale best thing I ever did after trying to fix it myself $1200 but I don’t have to ever worry about it again
Erick & Jackie Goff; Plus Ellie Mae the Fu Fu Dog

diplomatdon
Explorer
Explorer
Had 4 windows repaired in April in LaPine Oregon by Dave Root RV Glass. 5 hrs from when we showed up till we were going down the road. Very clean and professional job. Do full window not just the panel that is fogged. Would definitely go there again if more arise. Also good excuse to visit the Bend area 20 miles north. Lots of microbrews. Happy camper.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
FloridaRosebud wrote:
Suncoast Designers in Hudson, FL repaired ours. WAY less money than new windows.

Al

Yes- they did one of ours last year and I'm stopping by there in a month to have them do 2 more. life time warranty too.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
Auto Glass Boss in Lakeland Fla comes to your rig. Just had them there last week while at Lazy Days. Great job at great price.
Hickory, NC
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X

FloridaRosebud
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
FloridaRosebud wrote:

Al

In addition to great service, they have hook-ups for you to stay overnight if you have a lot of windows to repair. They do start work at 7AM, or maybe a little before. 😉

Yes, good point. I remember still being on my first cup of coffee when two of the staff showed up to start removing the 4 windows.

Al

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
FloridaRosebud wrote:

Al

In addition to great service, they have hook-ups for you to stay overnight if you have a lot of windows to repair. They do start work at 7AM, or maybe a little before. 😉

howdy35
Explorer II
Explorer II
Had my two front side windows repaired by RV Fog Doc in Searcy Arkansas. Pulled up the night before and they took the coach in at 8 and had it out by 3. Price was $529.00. I am happy with results. Someday I may get others done but front side windows were making it difficult to see out of side mirrors so I chose to have them worked on first.

Call them, tell them what you are driving and they will give you a pretty close ball park estimate.

Happy travels. Arnold
1999 National Tradewinds 7370
2014 Honda CR-V--Toad
Fulltime

FloridaRosebud
Explorer
Explorer

Al

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
We've had two of our foggy dual pane windows worked on. One was taken out, cleaned, and reinstalled. The other was replaced with dual panes, custom cut on location. Tech told us the damage was too bad to just clean because the moisture had started crystalizing and actually scratching the glass.

I just figured this was the price to pay for dual pane windows. Others on here are confirming that.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara