cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A brandy Manhattan......?

Noel
Explorer
Explorer
YES!! Years ago, around 1995, a bartender I knew advised he had invented a brandy Manhattan. Usual ingredients, except he substituted brandy in lieu of bourbon or rye. Really good. As I was being driven back to work....I puked out the window. (Maybe I ingested 3 of these).

OK, FF to today. Wanted to make a Manhatan, but no whiskey in the house. So, I got out some Christian Brothers brandy and made one. By Gar, it was good. (Had 2, but no visit to Ralph.... on the Big White Phone).

Try one....you might like it.
Noel

2003 National Dolphin LX 6335, W22, 8.1L
6 REPLIES 6

discovery4us
Explorer
Explorer
I prefer a Brandy with a side of coffee.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Or, you could just drink beer. No recipes to remember. 🙂

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Brandy Manhattan in various formats has been my drink of choice for about 30 years. Never bothered with bitters but a shot of decent brandy on the rocks with just a tiny splash of sweet vermouth {nothing ruins a Brandy Manhattan quicker than too much vermouth, seriously just a little bit} works well for me.

If you want to kick it up a notch try adding {to the above formula} just a tiny splash of good bourbon. Best to build your own as I have rarely had any luck ordering them in a bar... they always seem to go heavy on the vermouth... arrrg!

:B

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
donn0128 wrote:
Dont even remember what is in a manhatan

Kinda like a whiskey martini
Rye, vermouth & bitters

Goes back to the 1860's

I prefer my hard liquor straight....no mixes, no additional ingredients
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dont even remember what is in a manhatan

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sounds very goid.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad