cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

bacon bomb/explosion. .

mowin
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone make one. Bunch us guys are getting together at our CG to cook dinner for our DW on mothers day. We picked recipies from a hat, and I got the bacon bomb. I've looked at a few you tube videos, but figured I'd ask here for any tips.
12 REPLIES 12

mowin
Explorer
Explorer
OMG that looks delicious.....

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Geeez guys, stop it.

I'm drowning in my own drool. :W

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

Bassman
Explorer
Explorer
I don't remember how to post a picture, but maybe this will come through. This one is made with pounded flat chicken breast, green chiles, sliced ham and mozzarella cheese.

Bassman
2004 Kountry Star 3706/330 CAT
Boat: 18' Tracker Tundra

mowin
Explorer
Explorer
Getting some bacon and sausage from a local smoke house.
I'll let everyone know how it turned out, and if I'm still married. :W

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
Making one of THESE will make you king of the hill

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
mowin wrote:
Thanks NYCgrrl. I watched some more videos on YouTube. It really is a simple recipe.

And your sooo right about if mamma aint happy comment. Lol

Those videos do make it easier don't they? One of the first places I check when trying a new technique/recipe is youtube. Makes the words come to life when I'm feeling particularly obtuse.

coolbreeze01 wrote:
Let us know if Oscar Meyer's is better tasting...........

I just want to point out that when I'm home I don't use Oscar Meyer's. Nope,I use a bacon that's only available locally, LOL. Still, when I need bacon and I'm not home I've found that that particular style of OM is dependable w/o making me go "Oh jeezeweezey what do I do with this dreck?";).

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
Let us know if Oscar Meyer's is better tasting...........
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

mowin
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks NYCgrrl. I watched some more videos on YouTube. It really is a simple recipe.

And your sooo right about if mamma aint happy comment. Lol

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
mowin wrote:
Going to use sausage.

I've made those cheese ones before, there delicious, but thats not what I pulled from the hat.

The lady's got to pick the menu, so we had no say in what was in the hat.

When Mama's not happy NOBODY is:B.

KK..sausage it is.

This serves 10-12

2 lbs. Italian sweet sausage removed from casing
2-1lb. packs of Oscar Meyer's Natural Hardwood thick Cut bacon
2-3 TBS of your favorite BBQ rub
1/2 cup of your fav tomato based BBQ sauce

Weave 10 pieces of raw bacon into a tightly woven lattice pattern. Crisp the rest of the bacon in a pan over medium heat. Place crisp bacon on paper towels or brown bag to drain and cool. Crunch the cooked bacon up into bits about 1/2"long or half a thumb joint and place atop sausage meat. Sprinkle 1 TB of the BBQ rub and drizzle about 1/4 cup of the BBQ sauce over the meat and now roll shape into a log so most of the bacon bits are in the center. Place the log at the edge of the lattice bacon and roll tightly. Place roll seam down on sheet pan and roast in a 250 degree oven until an internal thermometer reaches 165 degrees. It should take about 2-3 hours to cook. Your cooking time will depend on how thick you make the log. It will take 1 hour for every inch in the roll. Glaze with remainder of BBQ sauce about 15 minutes before finished cooking. Cut in 1/4-1/2" slices after resting for at least 15 minutes under an aluminum tent.

If you are using a charcoal grill to cook on you'll want to place an empty aluminum pan in the center of the coal grate and surround it by charcoals on the sides. Here is a link that will help you approximate oven temperatures:

http://www.weber.com/weber-nation/grill-skills/mastering-basics/charcoal/measuring-heat-the-hand-tes...

HTH!

mowin
Explorer
Explorer
Going to use sausage.

I've made those cheese ones before, there delicious, but thats not what I pulled from the hat.

The lady's got to pick the menu, so we had no say in what was in the hat.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Get some smoked white cheddar cheese. (or any favor of block cheese you like)

Cut it into 1" cubes

Wrap it with stripe of thick-cut bacon

Secure with long skewers then dip in pot of 350*F oil until bacon brown/crisp

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
Hehehehe....you are making it for Mothers' Day not Fathers' Day?;).

Well I would suggest getting the best thick cut bacon you can for starters. Oscar Meyer's Hardwood is available nationally and has a pretty good taste.
What do you want to cover? Meatloaf, sausage?