cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Coffee!

shenanigans
Explorer
Explorer
What is your favorite method for making coffee on the road?

Has anyone tried the under counter coffee makers listed here? http://www.kettleexperts.com/ultimate-guide-counter-coffee-makers/
***Link Removed***

We have taken along the Cuisinart drip machine and found it too cumbersome and large. Advice?
35 REPLIES 35

Tom_Trostel
Explorer
Explorer
AeroPress. At home and on the road.

DReisinger
Explorer
Explorer
Carry a stove top peculator for when AC is not available, always have propane, but we use a filter

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp, Don't ever question Old-Biscuit. He's the one that taught me to tell the camping neighbors that I forgot my coffee maker. He said don't ever tell them you forgot coffee because they will want to give you some coffee, which is fine but now you have to make your own. I get free coffee all the time thanks to Old-Bisquit.
Dennis Hoppert

rbrand
Explorer
Explorer
Coffee. Is that stuff you drink until wine time?
The less you plan the more options you have.

Currently with a 26' Forest River Class "C"

Ex Navy Diver
Ex Archaeologist
Ex Museologist
Actively retired

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
moderator notified
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
My old stovetop tin percolator. Is the coffee as good as at home or McDonald's? Nope, but I'm camping...so it doesn't need to be!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer II
Explorer II
X3 on French press. A fine mesh strainer helps to keep the coffee grounds out of the grey tank when it's time to cleanup.
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS

dks
Explorer
Explorer
Pour over cone filter into individual cups for me. Easy cleanup, fast, and more importantly great coffee.

Hermes1
Explorer
Explorer
At home or on the road we use a French press, for coffee snobs like us, the French press is the choice. The added advantage is it does not require electricity to use, and since we mostly boondock, that is a good thing.
2017 Eagle Cap 1165
2015 Ram 3500 Bighorn DRW 3:73 Gears and AISIN Tranny
Gone but not forgotten:
2014 Northwood Mfg. Snow River 246 RKS
2013 Aliner Expedition

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
With shore power, single server k-cup machine which has a small foot print. There is no water reservoir where water can accidentally get left and freeze during the winter.

When bookdockiing, hot water via the propane burner and using the same k-cups, Presto 02835 MyJo Single Cup Coffee Maker
I love me some land yachting

jesseannie
Explorer
Explorer
Pour through cone with filter same as at home. We use quality coffee and it is pretty strong. It makes a great cup. No electricity required.
Jesseannie

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
We use the quiet stove top percolator.

We do just about everything different while campin' from our at-home processes. Part of the fun.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Cowboy coffee in the RV and at Home

10 cup stainless steel stove top percolator....remove percolator basket and stem (put in drawer, storage ----not needed or used)

Fill with COLD water and 4 heaping spoons of ground coffee

Bring to boil.......easy -----just to a boil then turn heat down to simmer for 10 minutes

Remove from heat.....pour 1/4 cup COLD water around top
Then fill up your MUG and enjoy!

That sounds nasty. I'll have to try it.

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
We, too, have a 10 cup stainless steel stove-top percolator. We've done the cowboy coffee bit, and prefer our coffee not get crunchy, so we use the basket and stem.

Actually, on a camping trip once, a neighbor turned us on to the Gormay wrap-around percolator coffee filters. They work great, and are cheap, if hard to find. (Note please: they are 99 cents a pack at Wegman's, but I have found them on eBay and Amazon for $15-$20 a pack. What a racket!) So we bought a case of them for about $12. We're set for life!

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
shenanigans, what kind of camper do you have? Do you have stovetop, microwave? Access to electric, or gas?